May 2013 Moms

Late Bloomers (25-beg of June) Weekly Check!

Good morning, everybody! I actually got my crap together early enough to post the check in this week ;)

Don't forget to keep any suggestions coming for 5, that question will change weekly.

(1) What updates do you have?  (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up, concerns or symptoms)

(2) Thought/prayer requests?

(3) Something good/funny

(4) Something frustrating

(5) What is the best advice you received so far during pregnancy?

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Late Bloomers (25-beg of June) Weekly Check!

• (1) What updates do you have?  (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up, concerns or symptoms) -feeling tired again all the time. I think due to lack of proper sleep at night.

(2) Thought/prayer requests? -All good here this week, but let's continue to keep the high risk and bed resters in our thoughts!

(3) Something good/funny -DH thought we came home the same day I gave birth. Had to break his bubble and tell him we'll be there 2-4 days. He didn't think it was funny but I kind of did! lol

(4) Something frustrating -The amount of mess that accumulates in one day in this house. It doesn't matter how often I clean it!!

(5) What is the best advice you received so far during pregnancy? -Someone told me that this is MY baby. I'm a people pleaser and needed to be put in line about the decisions that MH and I would make for our baby, no one else's.

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • (1) What updates do you have? (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up, concerns or symptoms)

I have my GTT today.  Im really not looking forward to it.  Im just glad I dont have to fast.

Nope

(3) Something good/funny

Meh

Im sick again.  Im getting tired of being sick all the damn time.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Loading the player...
  • (1) What updates do you have?  (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up, concerns or symptoms) Feeling good!  I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable, and I feel like my belly grew a LOT this last week.  I'm starting to waddle...

(2) Thought/prayer requests? Nope

(3) Something good/funny I have to think about how I'm going to get down to pick something up off the ground.  I often try a couple different moves before I succeed, and I imagine it's pretty hilarious to watch.

(4) Something frustrating My maternity pants are getting too small!

(5) What is the best advice you received so far during pregnancy? Just do what you can.  Everything else can wait.

• (1) What updates do you have?  (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up, concerns or symptoms)  So far, so good...Although I feel like my belly is growing at record pace.

(2) Thought/prayer requests? Nope.

(3) Something good/funny We're making progress on the house...the nursery is almost empty.  DH moved furniture (and did the dishes!) this weekend.

(4) Something frustrating The fact that I blow up over really minor things...poor DH.

(5) What is the best advice you received so far during pregnancy?  This is more parenting related, but SIL told me that being a parent is hard enough, you should support (and not judge) other parents.  You have no idea what their priorities are or situation is.  If they have to feed their kid McDonalds or sit them in front of the TV for half an hour, they're still probably doing the best they can.

• (1) What updates do you have?  (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up, concerns or symptoms)

Still feeling really good.  Just have had a lot of pressure lower on my abdomen and some tightness.  I have a regular checkup on Thursday so I will let my OB know but I'm sure it's nothing, just different in the past couple days.  Hopefully I didn't overdo it working out on Sunday since it started after that. 

Nope 

(3) Something good/funny

My brother finally saw a pic of me (we live about 10 hours apart) and my mom said he told her twice how great I looked.  My brother is the constant critique-er of health and fitness, so it was nice to hear.   

I'm sick of getting out of breath so easily.  Walking up and down the stairs or vacuuming, yep out of breath.  Since that's my biggest complaint though I'll take it. 

Don't stress so much about what everyone says you can and can't do, and just pay attention to your body.   

• 1) What updates do you have?  (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up, concerns or symptoms)

Im feeling good. Having some bad back pain but im looking into a chiropractor. Had an appointment yesterday. Got to see LO moving around and trying to talk. Still no confirmation on the gender still sitting at an 80% guess. Hopefully at the next appt.  

(3) Something good/funny

My sex drive still hasn't resurfaced :(

To relax. I was stressing out about having everything done really early but im prepared to not have most stuff done until after my baby shower.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • (1) What updates do you have?  (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up, concerns or symptoms)   I am feeling okay. Lately I have been having a lot of back pain. Sleep has become challenging as well. I try to sleep on my side but after an hour or so right under my ribs starts to hurt or I get this weird dull ache like I have laying for too long and have to switch.  I had an appointment yesterday and everything went well. She noted that I am measuring about a week behind but shouldn't worry. 

(2) Thought/prayer requests?   I guess this could kind of count..My first EDD is coming up on Saturday.  Along with my first due date comes the fact that my sister is due on Tues. I have been having a lot of mixed emotions again but am trying to find peace within my own feelings of loss and happiness for her. If you could spare any calm and peaceful thought for me as well as some positive good labor vibes for my sister that would be great.

(3) Something good/funny We're finally starting to get serious about buying some of the bigger items. We got our car seat, a good friend of ours is giving us their crib which is practically brand new since they mainly co slept, and we went to our local baby store to look at prams and have narrowed down to a few we like.

(4) Something frustrating Being consistently sick. I seem to get over one cold or illness am better for a couple days and then come down with another. The joys of working in education.

(5) What is the best advice you received so far during pregnancy?  Everyone will have an opinion and you need to trust your gut and go with what you think is right for your child.

BFP #1 6.9.12 EDD 2.16.13 Ended in emergency surgery due to an ectopic 6.23.13
    BFP #2 9.6.13  Rainbow born 5.22.13
    BFP# 3 8.28.14 EDD 5.1.15  2nd u/s revealed Twins   m/c 9.21.14 
    BFP # 4 11.27.14 EDD 8.5.15  1 perfect bean @ 6 weeks

• imageevilgreencows5:

This is me as well. I try to get in the mood and it feels pretty good once we get going but can't for the life of me seem to finish. I guess sadly for us pregnancy has had the opposite effect on us. 

BFP #1 6.9.12 EDD 2.16.13 Ended in emergency surgery due to an ectopic 6.23.13
    BFP #2 9.6.13  Rainbow born 5.22.13
    BFP# 3 8.28.14 EDD 5.1.15  2nd u/s revealed Twins   m/c 9.21.14 
    BFP # 4 11.27.14 EDD 8.5.15  1 perfect bean @ 6 weeks

• Our Update:

Baby Girl was measuring small, but she's caught up now!!! Got my c-section date, and it is exactly 100 days away from today! (but, hey, who's counting???) Repeat section scheduled for 5/24/13!

• imagecentralperk:
    imageevilgreencows5:

This is me as well. I try to get in the mood and it feels pretty good once we get going but can't for the life of me seem to finish. I guess sadly for us pregnancy has had the opposite effect on us. 

I cant get in the mood but usually once we start it feels good and I get more into it. But I am never ready to start it!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1 What updates do you have? Nothing big. I'm really looking forward to 3rd Tri on March 1st, I might have a mini celebration with DH.

2 Thought/prayer requests? None.

3 Something good/funny: I've got nothing... I'm pretty boring this week!

4 Something frustrating: I'm mostly frustrated with people feeling entitled or assuming their invited to see LO right away, I am going to be very careful about LO's exposure to people until he is fully vaccinated.

5 What is the best advice you received so far during pregnancy? "Don't feel guilty about taking it easy. Your body is working hard, and this is your last chance to relax before baby arrives." I am the type to be hard on myself about working out everyday and eating super healthy, so my Mom was pretty much just telling me to keep up what I can but not beat myself up.

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • imagecentralperk:

(5) What is the best advice you received so far during pregnancy?  Everyone will have an opinion and you need to trust your gut and go with what you think is right for your child.

That is good advice.

I haven't much to add today. I wrote a post twice but it wouldn't post so I kind of gave up. There's nothing much new with me anyway.

• (1) What updates do you have? (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up, concerns or symptoms)

Going for my glucose test Friday- Baby is moving ALOT! Wakes me up at night, getting me ready for those nightly feedings I think!

Please say a quick little prayer that my glucose test comes out ok. Im super scared!

(3) Something good/funny

I can no longer sneeze, cough, or laugh hard without wetting myself... JOY! And my breast started leaking... I guess this is all signs that its almost time for baby boy!

See above! Even though its a good thing, its soooo frustrating ha!

To rest and take it easy and let other people help me.

• (1) What updates do you have?  (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up, concerns or symptoms)
    I am feeling really great!  Second trimester has been really wonderful for me. I will be 25 weeks tomorrow (due May 29th) and I am feeling good. I have very seldom round ligament pain and I have to pee a lot, but other than that I can truly say I have been enjoying pregnancy. 

(3) Something good/funny
    Me, trying to get out of bed every morning by propelling myself to swing over my Snoogle.

Nothing to report.

To just take it easy and listen to my body.

• 1) Had my 24 week appointment and GD test last week.  Everything went well and I guess I passed the test because they never called to tell me I failed.  No news is good news, right?

2) Just wishing we could finalize baby sister's name!

3) DD1 loves talking about baby sister and has decided that she and I will both be DD2's mommy.  :)

4) Not having a name picked out yet!

5) I actually haven't gotten much advice during this pregnancy.  I guess b/c it's my second, people pretty much figure I've heard it all before (for which I am very thankful). 

Suggestion for next week's question: Do you plan on having more kids after this one?  How many? 

Mom to two beautiful girls and forever labor buddy to the fab lady MandaPanda518!

I had my 2 hour GTT today and ... didn't throw up!! I feel crummy still, but overall it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I get the results tomorrow. 

None

(3) Something good/funny

The LO has been kicking a lot lately, especially in the evening. DH noticed last night that the movements can be seen from the outside now. His response: "It's a little alien!!"

I asked DH to research baby monitors about a month ago and he still hasn't done anything.

(5) What is the best advice you received so far during pregnancy? That it's okay to not buy all the "stuff" the books recommend. A lot of that stuff is superfluous and as long as your child is sheltered, fed and loved, it will be fine.

• (1) What updates do you have? (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up, concerns or symptoms) Feeling pretty well but haven't been sleeping that well with DD1 waking up several times at night coughing and crying

(2) Thought/prayer requests? None this week

(3) Something good/funny DD1 keep farting in her sleep last night, I had to hold myself back from laughing

(4) Something frustrating See the last part of Q1

(5) What is the best advice you received so far during pregnancy? This might count since I read it somewhere since I'm a 2nd time mom was not to have DD2 in my arms when DD1 goes to the hospital to meet her for the first time, instead have the nurse or someone else bring the baby in to the room that way she won't feel like the LO is taking over her spot.

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • (1) What updates do you have?  Sleep sucks...even with Unisom. I think I've hit that point where I wont get good sleep for another year or two from now. (2) Thought/prayer requests? Doing good actually! (3) Something good/funny - I've just been laughing up a storm at Tierra's comment on the Bachelor last night "I can't control my eyebrow!" Not plural...just one, I guess. (4) Something frustrating - My effing rental sucks balls. We are dealing with mold, mice all up in the kitchen even though we are proactive about cleaning/trapping/etc and there is a big animal living in the walls...either a cat or an oppossum. I am MORE than ready to move the eff out. (5) What is the best advice you received so far during pregnancy? I don't know if I'd say good advice but I really love encouragement about DD and DS being 2 years apart. I love encouraging stories rather than all the unsupportive, overwhelming crap most people give you. 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Nothing special.  My GD test is at my next appointment, but I already have the drink in my fridge.  Sleep is a little harder now and my back has twinges and working and toddler chasing are wearing me out.

Not this time

(3) Something good/funny

I thought my sister gave all her maternity clothes to her SIL due in April, but she still has a bunch of winter stuff, so I will be visiting her on Sunday.  It is slim pickings around here to find something to wear and I have been having the worst luck at half price day at the thrift store but because this is Atlanta and there is probably only a few weeks of long sleeve weather left I refuse to spend money.

DD has taken to running away from me and thinking it is funny.  I think she smells weakness.

I really haven't gotten much advise.  I guess not to stress it is the biggest/best.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Feeling pretty good. No appointments scheduled for February! Woot! I am feeling a lot more movement in there, and find much of it to be rather uncomfortable and startling, but I am certainly reassured that she is indeed in there. 

Not pregnancy related, but my father was just diagnosed with a type of blood cancer that will require many months of chemo, so any positive thoughts in his direction would be appreciated.

(3) Something good/funny

The theoretical Nursery is currently occupied only by an area rug, as I am in the process of painting it. Last night the cat woke me up around 3am when he spent about 15 minutes loudly spinning in circles chasing his tail in the empty room.  

Toe cramps. I HATE TOE CRAMPS. >:   

No one seems to give me much advice. If they say anything, it is usually just to tell me somewhat judgy things about the idea of cloth diapers or med-free birth. 

4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • (1) What updates do you have?  (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up, concerns or symptoms) Feeling good, appointment on Thursday which is my glucose testing.

(2) Thought/prayer requests? That I pass my glucose test.

(3) Something good/funny I finally cleaned everything today lol

(4) Something frustrating My heartburn is annoying me.

To remember my body will change because I'm growing a life. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*

Feeling good. Back hurts a bit. 

I just walked into a door handle in the belly... Feeling bad for "hitting" baby. :(

(3) Something good/funny

My sister got to see baby kicking today! 

My parents offered to help us paint the nursery, now they expect the painting to be done by the time they come up. They want to focus on cleaning our nursery (baby clothes, ceiling fan, blinds...). I am so thankful for their help but am freaked out about not getting it done.  

I have gotten a lot of good advice... Mostly to enjoy everything I can and stay as active as possible. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"