March 2013 Moms

Crib mattress

I would like to pick up the crib mattress this week and I am reading reviews on different mattresses.

I'd love to hear what do you have and/or if there is one you'd recommend. Thanks!

Re: Crib mattress

• FTM here but we are going with the Sealy Soybean FoamCore Crib Mattress. Green guard certified, and I like foam over spring. It also has a nice wipeable surface that seems to be waterproof, although we'll have a waterproof cover too just in case. I think BRU has the best price right now at 99.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imagerm2013:
    FTM here but we are going with the Sealy Soybean FoamCore Crib Mattress. Green guard certified, and I like foam over spring. It also has a nice wipeable surface that seems to be waterproof, although we'll have a waterproof cover too just in case. I think BRU has the best price right now at 99.

This is the one I chose for the same reasons (& I scooped it up as soon as I saw it was down to $99). But the big trade-in event is over and I saw yesterday its back up to $129.  

photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerandimarie86:

imagerm2013:
    FTM here but we are going with the Sealy Soybean FoamCore Crib Mattress. Green guard certified, and I like foam over spring. It also has a nice wipeable surface that seems to be waterproof, although we'll have a waterproof cover too just in case. I think BRU has the best price right now at 99.

This is the one I chose for the same reasons (& I scooped it up as soon as I saw it was down to $99). But the big trade-in event is over and I saw yesterday its back up to $129.  

I chose this mattress for all of the reasons mentioned above as well.  Plus, it is really light which will be great when I have to change the sheets.  It gets great reviews in the Baby Bargains book.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We bought the Sealy posturepedic Plus mattress. We chose spring over memory foam because coils made the matress more stiff than foam, which is supposed to be better for a baby. This mattress has a newborn side and a softer toddler side as well.  It also has a wipeable surface. It was 169 at Babies R Us in Canada, but is going on sale to 144.
  • imageHOLL1WOOD:
    imagerandimarie86:

imagerm2013:

I chose this mattress for all of the reasons mentioned above as well.  Plus, it is really light which will be great when I have to change the sheets.  It gets great reviews in the Baby Bargains book.   

Good to know  you ladies agree!

But yikes! I just was in my BRU registry (working on completion items) and I saw the price is now $169! That is crazy! It was $99 like a week ago. Amazon was $102, they are now up to $128.

The pricing on baby stuff is just so crazy. I don't know how or why they swing like this. I was really mad because the crib we wanted went up $50, but I guess I should just suck it up and get it. I don't know if any more sales are coming and it's getting down to the wire.

OP - Try checking out different sites. I was able to get the mattress for $80 on Amazon, because it was $102 and they were having the Amazon Mom sale with 20% off. There's another Amazon Mom coupon out now for 15%, but this mattress isn't included anymore. Good luck and happy shopping!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/ref=pe_173230_28124210_pe_b1/?node=6376594011

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imagerandimarie86:

imagerm2013:

My iPad is being dumb and I can't edit my original reply. But wanted to add my crib is already set up with the mattress and it fits super snug so I know baby won't get stuck between crib and mattress. And it's not too snug you can't take it out to change the sheet. And it's super light and very firm.  

photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I bought the naturepedic which cost about as much as his crib cost. I just felt like getting a really good organic mattress was important! It's dual sided for infant/toddler use too.
  • Thank you everyone, that is actually the one that my DH said he had read good reviews about and we had put it on our registry so I am glad that there are more of you buying the same thing. The price was $169. Last night I looked and it was $129 and today it's $149! Not to be rude but WFT?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"