January 2013 Moms

sex again

hey ladies! hope everyone is enjoying their little ones :) does anyone know if you need to wait to resume having sex until after your postpardum visit or can you do it before if its been 4 weeks since my delivery. i did have to be stitched however i feel healed, i know its internal too, but just wondering if anyone remembers the doctors recommendations. i was so out of it when she came in the room to talk to us about everything!

Re: sex again

• My doctor told me to wait for my 6 week pp visit before starting to have sex again

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mine told me 6 weeks
    4.23.12 - BFP! EDD 1.3.12

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Was told to wait for 6wk appt but I've heard of people having sex sooner. Depending on how you feel...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If I had vaginal stitches I would definitely wait until my doctor okayed me.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • My ob specifically said "abstain from sex until you see me again."

• Hi there!

I had sex around 2 weeks.  I did have a 1st degree tear and a few stitches but I was healed when we had sex.  I'm sure I'll get berated about it, but it was fine...and the sex was great!

I belong to a Mommy and Me group and asked the nurse who was there to talk about "your body after delivery" and she said there wasn't really a reason to wait if you felt fine.

I have my 6 week appt with my OB next Friday.  I'm glad I decided not to wait, but can understand why some do.

• I had a 4 week pp visit and they said wait 2 more weeks because I still had a stitch that wasn't dissolved. I personally don't want to risk tearing a stitch in that area and interfering with .it HealIng properly.
  • Mine said 46 must be totally done bleeding.
    BFP#1 - 8/30/2010, natural M/C 10/3/2010 BFP#2 - 5/13/2012 (Mother's Day!) grow baby grow! Baby boy born 1-11-13!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker http://www.thebump.com/profiles/Jo2013/settings/avatar/index#
  • imagemeggiev123:
    My doctor told me to wait for my 6 week pp visit before starting to have sex again

Mine too. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wait, the doctor will check you and okay sex if you're healing well.
  • I had a c section so that may make it completely different. My Dr told me we could as soon as my bleeding was finished. We waited about 2 1/2 weeks. I felt fine. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My doctor also told me to wait until my 6 week appointment, which is tomorrow. I am nervous though since I still have a little tenderness when I pee. 
  • imagekaryn3:

Hi there!

I had sex around 2 weeks.  I did have a 1st degree tear and a few stitches but I was healed when we had sex.  I'm sure I'll get berated about it, but it was fine...and the sex was great!

I belong to a Mommy and Me group and asked the nurse who was there to talk about "your body after delivery" and she said there wasn't really a reason to wait if you felt fine.

I have my 6 week appt with my OB next Friday.  I'm glad I decided not to wait, but can understand why some do.

your uterus needs the time to heal, that's why. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"