Baby Names

Husband loves...

Ok before I say this name know that we do live in the South and its pretty normal around here. lol

My hubby loves the name Browning for a boy...I kinda like it but IDK what do yall think? Good and bad advice please...

Re: Husband loves...

• Gah! Sounds like you're cooking meat. What about Bronson?
    "Bedo" - Apr. 16, '13

#2 - EDD Nov.
    15, '14
    **RATE A NAME HERE!**
  • I think of Browning guns/rifles.  I like a lot of southern names but I don't know if I could get on board with that one.  MN, fine, but I can't see it for a first name. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • hahaha I know. I do like the name Branson. But im not so sure my husband does he loves Browning because its a hunting thing. Hes not exactly redneck but hes about as southern as they get. Like Im talking everyone in this town knows his family and him and now me and know them for being "The Weatherfords" IDK and all of there names are very southern. Trying to stick with the theme. Some names sound very strange with Weatherford because I feel like its so country for some reason. haha
  • imagedoremi29:
    I think of Browning guns/rifles.  I like a lot of southern names but I don't know if I could get on board with that one.  MN, fine, but I can't see it for a first name. 

This is exactly why he loves it.

• I think it's clunky in the FN spot.  Maybe as a middle?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Outside of the South, it's going to get a major side-eye that could really represent a problem for your child.
    Due with DS2 on March 15, 2013! PLEASE vote on my BabyNames.com list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9692263
  • I like it but I'm southern ;
  • imageSoutherndancinmama:
    I like it but I'm southern ;

Yay! Ok Im glad you said that you do. You understand then. Its just different down here but thats ok. Wink

• imageaishaweatherford:
    hahaha I know. I do like the name Branson. But im not so sure my husband does he loves Browning because its a hunting thing. Hes not exactly redneck but hes about as southern as they get. Like Im talking everyone in this town knows his family and him and now me and know them for being "The Weatherfords" IDK and all of there names are very southern. Trying to stick with the theme. Some names sound very strange with Weatherford because I feel like its so country for some reason. haha

Well, if you want to go the hunting/gun route, there are other's that I'd like over Browning.  Also, keep in mind that while you guys may live in the south and your child will grow up there it doesn't mean he will always reside there. 

• I'm from the south as well, but I really can't see Browning as a name. Just not a fan, I guess.
  • Thanks guys! Im glad now I have more reason to Veto it since hes vetoed all my names! haha I was on the edge with it but I think I would like it better as a MN
  • Not a fan and I usually love southern names.  How about Bronson or Bowen?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I live in the south - never heard it used as a first name.
    DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013
  • Browning Weatherford is certainly a mouthful...what would a NN be? Brown? Bro?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Have you guys considered Colton Weatherford?  I'm only mentioning it since Colt is another brand of gun.  I'd suggest Remington but that's a mouthful of a name. 
  • I am sorry I just can't jump on board with that one-I like the suggestions of Bronson or using it in the mn spot!
  • imageaishaweatherford:

imagedoremi29:
    I think of Browning guns/rifles.  I like a lot of southern names but I don't know if I could get on board with that one.  MN, fine, but I can't see it for a first name. 

This is exactly why he loves it.

I'm not from the South but this was my first reaction too.. Browning rifles! Sort of like naming your kid Hunter because you like to hunt... 

What about something like Bronson or even Brian?

• imageTheLuckiestOne:
    Outside of the South, it's going to get a major sideeye that could really represent a problem for your child.

This. lo may not live in the South forever. Plus, the whole name is really too much. I like PPs suggestion of Colton.
  • No! I think meat, guns and symbols on every truck in my area! BTW, I live in the country, hunt, eat deer meat, ride four wheelers and have a Browning symbol on my truck!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• It's a family last name to me. I don't prefer it,
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Uh.. yea, sorry. Not good. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's a last name for me. I went to school with a girl who had that as a LN.

What about Brooks?

Baylor?

• I live in the DEEP south and I've never heard it.
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• I live in the South and I don't like it or understand Browning as a name. It's a brand name. I shop at The Gap for jeans but I'm not going to name my DD that. Very silly to me.
    I suggest Beau.

• Another Southerner here who thinks it's a no. I have family that hunts, but I don't, so when I hear Browning as a name, I would think he was named after the poet Robert Browning.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not a fan of random surnames for FNs.

ETA: Just read this is a gun name. Add me to the hell-to-the-no category. I hate violent baby names.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I keep hearing Brownie when I say it out loud. Then I want brownies.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagedoremi29:
    Have you guys considered Colton Weatherford?  I'm only mentioning it since Colt is another brand of gun.  I'd suggest Remington but that's a mouthful of a name. 

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagefeffy11:
    I can't believe it's a name...

This!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imagejburdet1:
    I live in the South and I don't like it or understand Browning as a name. It's a brand name. I shop at The Gap for jeans but I'm not going to name my DD that. Very silly to me. I suggest Beau.

I'll second the Beau suggestion. If you REALLY want to go with this theme, I'd honestly go with Colt, Heston, Remington, etc. WAY before Browning. Although for the record, I wouldn't use any of those anyway. Colt and Remington are actual names, though. Just NMS. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"