March 2013 Moms

who else is just ready?!!!!!?

I am so ready to meet my lil guy...Im 34 weeks and I feel so uncomfortable and ready to have this baby. Im getting so tired of treking into work and sitting at my desk all day. The commute into NYC is taking its toll on me and unfortunately I cannot start my maternity leave yet because I dont want to miss a day being with my baby boy. Anyone else feel this way??????

Re: who else is just ready?!!!!!?

• Kudos for working this late in the game.  I cut out of that joint as of December 1st and I'm not going back.  I am at the point where I welcome labor and my 2 day hospital vacation.  Also it will be nice to see my husband if he makes it home in time for the birth.
  • Just get ready- at 34 weeks I only thought I felt ready- fast forward three weeks and think back to how great you felt by comparison. And I hated hearing all the women ahead of me say "just wait.. blah blah blah" three weeks ago, but they were right :)

Enjoy the quiet time; your LO is about to start gaining 1/2 lb a week- HELLO back pain, hip pain, discomfort all over. My poor daughter comes home and asks me if my back hurts and if she can rub it for me (she puts the little green vibrating massager thing on my back) and then asks if I need a band-aid (stick on pain patches). She's only 3.... 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I will be 37 weeks on Friday.  I am still working too and will continue to work until my doctor decides to induce.  It was going to be a week from today but the doctor decided to delay it because I am doing better than I was.  I am with you, I am ready to meet this kid and spend some quality time with her.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel your pain.  Just a few more weeks.  Just keep your eyes on the prize!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Definitely there.

34 weeks as well, but already much larger and more uncomfortable than my last two pregnancies AND I still have to chase the kiddos around the house and do the housework (DH works a ton. He helps when he can, but I still have to do pretty much everything I did before I got pregnant), etc. Oh, man, I'm so ready for it to be March so I can be past the 37 week mark and not worry about contractions like I do now.

I saw a doctor today (not my normal OB, he's in Hawaii this week) and she was surprised when she looked at my chart and realized I was only 34 weeks. LO and I are already measuring full-term. Considering she had recently given birth herself, I got a lot of sympathy, lol.

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I commute into NYC too, and I told my boss I was only coming in 2x a week starting Feb 1 (around 34 weeks for me), and would work from home 3x a week. We have a big deadline end of march, so he didn't have much of a choice, since he can't replace me at such short notice.

I was just so sick of feeling like I was going to pee my pants because I work all the way down town (and am terrified of using the public bathrooms around this city), plus having to duke it out for a seat on metro north and then also on the subway.

But now that the nursery is set up, bags are packed, carseat is installed, I am ready to go!  I just want to get this show on the road. I am so looking forward to be able to get out of bed without feeling like an upside down turtle! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm currently 37 weeks and still working. I'm planning on working until the baby comes, but it's getting a lot harder to stay motivated when all I am thinking about is meeting my baby! I also can't wait!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I am ready!! We have everything set for baby - nursery done, car seat installed, clothes, diapers ext and I'm just ready for him to be here.  I am so uncomfortable that doing laundry has become a dreadful chore... I hate bending over as it is and bending over to pick up all the clothes is the worst.  I have heartburn 24/7 no matter what I eat, and the tums only work for about 10 mins before it comes back! I was talking to another mommy the other day and we both came to the conclusion that 2nd tri was the best! You feel great, not too big to get around, you still have energy! 1st tri wasn't too bad for me since I didn't have morning sickness, but the fatigue was horrible. But 3rd tri has been the roughest so far!! I'm tired, uncomfortable and hate not being able to see my toes or lady bits.  When I think about still having six weeks left it makes me cringe.. I don't know where the baby is going to go! I already feel HUGE!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am SO ready. I just asked my doctor to put me on 5hr work days instead of the 8 I've been doing. I'm on my feet all day and those last 3 hours just kill me. Plus I start to have lots of Braxton Hicks towards the end of the day. I get my first internal done next week and if there is ANY progress I'm going to ask to go on maternity leave the first of March. It doesn't help that I've decided to only return to work for the 30 days required to get STD and then I'm quitting.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageTMWarren85:

Just get ready- at 34 weeks I only thought I felt ready- fast forward three weeks and think back to how great you felt by comparison. And I hated hearing all the women ahead of me say "just wait.. blah blah blah" three weeks ago, but they were right :)

Enjoy the quiet time; your LO is about to start gaining 1/2 lb a week- HELLO back pain, hip pain, discomfort all over. My poor daughter comes home and asks me if my back hurts and if she can rub it for me (she puts the little green vibrating massager thing on my back) and then asks if I need a band-aid (stick on pain patches). She's only 3.... 

That is so cute and sweet!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • No way!!!  This pregnancy has flown by (busy with DS I guess) and we have little to nothing ready for her.  I still feel pretty comfortable and will be working up until she arrives or the doc takes me out of work.  I'm excited to meet her but no so much so that I'd like to fast-forward just yet :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • From the PP whose daughter offers a massage and a band-aid - that is adorable!  I wish that a band-aid magically worked for everything...  What surprises me the most is that now I'm going to be the mom, with the ability to kiss it and make it better!

I'm very ready to meet this kiddo.  I'm also working full time until I absolutely cannot, which these days means working from home Mondays, then four tens Tuesday through Friday (I wish I was hourly, but faculty status comes with an unwritten expectation to work more than a standard forty).  Luckily, I have my own office so I can put my feet up and be fairly casual, but it still is taxing to be at work all of the time.  

Geeky is as Geeky Does... BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am sooooo ready! I'm 36 weeks and I can never get comfortable for sleeping,relaxing or just lying down. It seems like my LO loves to push his butt or feet out against my stomach and it hurts like hell. I've always been afraid of labor (hence why at 37 I am having my first baby....oh and my last) But the nervousness about labor has gone away because I am desperate to have my body back. I want to sleep on my stomach. I no longer want constipation, heartburn and carpal tunnel. I'M FREAKING READY!!!
  • Thanks Ladies for all of your kind words and venting sessions. It feels good to know I am not alone ;) I feel better physically actually. I think I can contribute my irritability today to GAS!! LOL....Gas...a whole other topic!
  • I am 34 weeks today.  I am ready to meet little one, but not ready or wanting to deliver at this point. I would rather it be closer to the ideal 40 weeks.  But I just wish the next few weeks would hurry up!!!!  I am getting very excited to find out the gender and what the baby will look like! I am still working and able to go to the gym, so I can't complain too much! I am leaving on mat leave as close to the due date as possible. 

• 38 weeks here, due March 1st. Im in NYC too and the commute is making me want to cry.

I was going to work until next Friday the 22nd.  But I am just done so, it was approved that I could make this Friday my last day and then work from home next Tues-Thurs (since Mon is a holiday) so the timeclock on my leave still starts on the 22nd which is great, because I was beginning to think I was going to have a baby on the LIRR. Tongue Tied

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"