September 2013 Moms
Options

Nausea

I have not gotten sick YET! I'm almost 11 weeks, and lately the nausea is getting worse. And there are less and less foods that I want. From week 6 and til now i only go nausea maybe 2 times a week and it tends to hit at night but now it's becoming all day... And everyday.... Anyone's feel like they r worse as the second trimester approaches... Ugh! What gives! Not cool! Do preggie pops work?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nausea

• Options
    Around weeks 4 and 5, the nausea was intense but only lasted an hour or two. Then last week the nausea came back, and though it's not as strong, it comes and goes throughout the day. So over this. Once I hit second trimester and the nausea and exhaustion subsides, I'm throwing myself a freaking party.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Preggie pops work, but they're expensive. Any hard candy works just as well. I've been eating a lot of Lifesavers and Jolly Ranchers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine keeps coming and going. It seems like it's worse during the week at work because of all of the different smelling food that is made.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    im the same way i got sick once and it was a mess i started feeling worst..
  • Options
    With DS I was still throwing up at 16 weeks. Finally got better around 17 or 18 weeks.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I started feeling worse these last couple of weeks. I definitely agree with the hard candy. Citrus usually helps.Chewing on ice chips or drinking slushies helped me too. With my first my morning sickness didn't go away until 16 weeks. Hope you feel better!
  • Options

I just bought preggie pops too, and they work, but I need to pop a new candy in once I'm done with one.  I think they're just overpriced jolly ranchers, so I'm gonna pick up a bag of jolly ranchers once I run out.

I can only really stomach saltines when I'm at work.

I find that carby dinners soothe my nausea too, like rice and noodles.

Ginger ale has not been helping me at all though.  I'm gonna try making some cola syrup tonight (boil down some caffeine-free coke). 

• Options
    imageKA92013:

I just bought preggie pops too, and they work, but I need to pop a new candy in once I'm done with one.  I think they're just overpriced jolly ranchers, so I'm gonna pick up a bag of jolly ranchers once I run out.

I can only really stomach saltines when I'm at work.

I find that carby dinners soothe my nausea too, like rice and noodles.

Ginger ale has not been helping me at all though.  I'm gonna try making some cola syrup tonight (boil down some caffeine-free coke). 

I'm with you - saltines all day.  Ginger ale almost makes me more sick.  Loving the rice!  A friend dropped off a bag of "Rico" rice - from Puerto Rico - I LOVE it!

I also agree on the price of Preggie Pops - they don't work quite the same, and I pop a lot of them, but I have been using Starbursts - lemon and orange work the best so far, and I'm going to try Skittles next... with my DD (the first one), I was sick the entire pregnancy, and found out at the end I had HG.  If you're constantly salivating - and can't keep anything down, be careful and tell your dr right away - there are meds they can give you (although the one I'm on now isn't working yet, they said to call back tomorrow and they'll try something else). The last thing you want to do is get dehydrated - it makes it all worse.

I feel for the original person who posted - I don't feel much relief until I actually get sick. Best wishes for a smoother 2nd trimester! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Have not gotten sick yet it's just the nausea. What helps the best is if I go straight to sleep as soon as I feel it coming but that only works on the weekend. Today I found a valentines jolly rancher lollipop in my bag and it fixed everything! My friend gave me her left of preggie pops I didn't buy them. So guess I will use those and the bag of life savers I have too. Ginger ale is certainly a killer for me thought it was suppose to help!! Grrrr....! I have certainly been drawn to mostly carbs and most fruits. Vegetables are huge no no. Thanks again ladies! I hope this doesn't last the whole pregnancy since it just started to get worse I'm nervous it will last through 2nd trimester but only time will tell....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"