High-Risk Pregnancy

IUGR...FTM 32 weeks

so I went to an appointment on Monday due to a chest infection, and found out only now that I am measuring 28 weeks at 32 weeks along. the nurse told me that there is a possibility of IUGR being the cause or it could be just stress and or smoking causing it. They will not send me out for an ultrasound though, they want tow ait until Feb 15th my regualrily scheduled prenantal to see if there is any growth then. My question is for anyone who has experienced IUGR, how long does baby have before they start to suffer in there, am I being overly paranoid becuase i dont want to wait?

Re: IUGR...FTM 32 weeks

• Why are you smoking when you are pregnant? IUGR can be because if this. Your baby needs to be your number 1 priority and its your job to do everything in your control to help the baby be healthy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic              image 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You're worried about not getting an ultrasound until next week, but you've been smoking during your pregnancy?  

First of all, they probably want to see the growth of the baby and they probably want to see progress over more than three days.

Secondly, if you're still smoking, you need to stop.   

imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Google smoking during pregnancy. 

I have had 2 IUGR babies.   The 1st was born at 38 weeks and was 3lbs 15oz.  The 2nd was born at 36 weeks and was 4lbs 10oz.  

Oligohydromonis was most likely the cause of their IUGR. 

ETA: Overly paranoid would be "OMG I ate lunch meat, I had soft cheese, I took a bath, ect"  Not smoking while pregnant. 

Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • image618mom22boys:

Google smoking during pregnancy. 

I have had 2 IUGR babies.   The 1st was born at 38 weeks and was 3lbs 15oz.  The 2nd was born at 36 weeks and was 4lbs 10oz.  

ETA: Overly paranoid would be "OMG I ate lunch meat, I had soft cheese, I took a bath, ect"  Not smoking while pregnant. 

This.  My son was 5.3 at 36 weeks due to IUGR caused by a faulty placenta. This baby is also lagging behind for no none reason.

Sorry OP but if you are smoking, you really need to put your baby first, plain and simple.  Or at least don't expect sympathy.  So many of us have dealt with IUGR (or worse!) and had done everything in our power to fight for our baby's well being.  It's nothing short of frustrating and depressing when someone has most likely caused IUGR for some stupid reason like smoking.   

• imagelkm2006:
    image618mom22boys:

Google smoking during pregnancy. 

This.  My son was 5.3 at 36 weeks due to IUGR caused by a faulty placenta. This baby is also lagging behind for no none reason.

Sorry OP but if you are smoking, you really need to put your baby first, plain and simple.  Or at least don't expect sympathy.  So many of us have dealt with IUGR (or worse!) and had done everything in our power to fight for our baby's well being.  It's nothing short of frustrating and depressing when someone has most likely caused IUGR for some stupid reason like smoking.   

Yes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic              image 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageTeacher Clark:
    There are many factors that could be coming into play here. Are you smoking? If so, you definitely need to quit for the health of your baby.

I highly recommend reading the posts from the IUGR board at baby center. They are very informative.

I second this post.
    Married my best friend 06/2005 DD 06/2011 ID Twin Girls EDD 05/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • people need to read... NURSE TOLD ME THAT THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF IUGR BEING THE CASUE OR IT COULD BE STRESS AND OR SMOKING CAUSING IT.

Seriously, way to get off topic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"