Baby Names

Henry Still no MN

I know you all are sick of hearing about Henry's mn, but we still haven't agreed. Dh is still clinging to Henry Ernest and I still want Henry Alexander, but I'm willing to come up with something different.

WDYT of Henry David Kenyon, I know you've got Henry David Thoreau sp?, but how does it sound? Dh's mn is Davis, so maybe even that route? Henry Davis Kenyon? Do the 3 2-syllable names sound too bad. DS 1 has all 3 names 2-syllable and I don't think it sounds bad.

Also, wonder if the the initials H.O.K. would be too bad?

Also, what about

Henry Maxwell Kenyon?
Henry Oliver Kenyon?

Henry Thomas Kenyon

I've got 6 days til my due date and I'm a nervous wreck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Henry Still no MN

• I like Henry Davis, but think any of your options work well. I'm not a fan of Ernest though. I don't think the initials HOK are a big deal.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ha, i think you mayyyyy be over thinking this a bit, hon!

i suggest neither of you get your first pick and you choose something else entirely. I like Hanry Davis the best.

OR

After labor and delivery you stage an "eratic mom who just spent XX hours pushing your son in to this world" tatrum and name him Henry Alexander.

Good luck either way and dont sweat the small stuff! 

• Loading the player...
  • I personally don't love any of the options.  What about using your maiden name or your DH's FN as Henry's MN?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not sure if I am having mommy brain, but I don't see an issue with the initials HOK.

I like both of your options, but if it's going to cause a sore spot, maybe throw out both options and start fresh.

Henry James

Henry Brian

Henry Paul

Henry Justin

Henry Ryan

Henry Victor

Henry Robert

Henry Ellis

Henry Oscar

Good Luck!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I really like Henry David

DS #1 born 12.3.13
    BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I like Henry David best.
    "Bedo" - Apr. 16, '13

#2 - EDD Nov.
    15, '14
    **RATE A NAME HERE!**
  • I had troubles with middle names too, so I just gave her my DHs middle name Ray but of course spelled it Rae.

So if I were you I would go with Henry Davis. Its handsome. And don't put so much stress into the middle name. No one will ever know it anyway. Even on forms, they usually just ask for middle initial, not even the full middle name.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We were also at a loss for a MN, so in the hospital we also picked DH's middle name.. which happens to be Henry!   That's always a decent compromise and Davis (or David) sounds nice with the FN.

• I personally love Henry Oliver, but I may be partial.  ;-)
  • Henry Scott is my favorite  

• I like Henry Oliver best!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Henry Elliott Henry Everett Henry Sullivan Henry Nolan
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I like Henry Oliver out of the ones you listed. I also thought that Henry Franklin was along the same lines as Henry Alexander.

Jasper 

• We are Henry Oliver! Last name begins with P so initials are HOP. :
  • We have Henry Ryan...but Henry Thomas and Henry James were on my list too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"