3rd Trimester
Options

Absolutely disgusting....

Friday night I woke up in the middle of the night choking on acid that came up from my stomach.  I couldn't stop coughing and then I couldn't go back to sleep for like 2 hours because of it, I had to get up and take some Pepcid.  It was disgusting!

Re: Absolutely disgusting....

• Options
    Uggh that happens to me too.  My husband almost called 911 once lol.  The one thing that always does it to me is if I have eaten ice cream before going to bed (which was often until this started happening!)  It is terrible, terrible.  Blech.
  • Options

I've had this happen only once so far, and that was enough for me. 

Don't take it lightly though, if you really can't catch your breath or if you really feel like it's stuck in there, take caution.  My dad had this happen and couldn't stop coughing and ended up with pneumonia because it went down his breathing tube.  I'm not saying that will happen to you, because my dad has a plethora of other health issues, but it can happen.  Be careful!!!  Try propping your head at night as a precaution.

Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had horrible, horrible acid reflux this pregnancy. I thought the first pregnancy was bad but this was 10x worse. Tums and Pepcid were doing nothing, so my OB ended up prescribing something for me, which has been awesome.
  • Options

You are NOT alone! This has happened to me way more than I care to admit. Sometimes I end up waking up my husband with all of my hacking, then we're both unable to sleep for a few hours...

Propping my head up at night seems to help sometimes, but not always. I take Pepcid before I go to bed, then fight off any other "surprise acid" with Tums.

I hope it gets better for you! Keep your eyes on the prize! 

• Options
    If you have a recliner, try sleeping more upright. Last pregnancy I didn't have one and we built a wedge out of wood to prop up our mattress. I have a bad epiglottis that will randomly open up and I will find myself choking on my own spit. It's been horrible this pregnancy trying to sleep and suddenly the epiglottis opens up and I'm drowning in bile. Zantac is a life saver, it doesn't cure it all but it has reduced the amount of acid my stomach is making. My doctor said I can take up to 300mg a day. That's 4 extra strength 75 pills. I take two in the AM and two in the PM. I always know when I am off by an hour or two. My whole right side will start burning. Talk to your doctor before you start taking anything, specially that high of a dose.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had the same thing happen a few nights ago! I almost threw up on DH! Luckily I was able to go back to sleep after some water and a GOOD teeth brushing. I feel your pain!
  • Options
    That has totally happened to me.  It feels so awful.  I usually eat a Tums and then feel fine.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP 2/22/12. Lost my perfect little girl due to a subchorionic hematoma (probable vanishing twin) on 4/27/12. D/C 5/22/12. BFP 8/21/12.
  • Options
    I had that SO badly with my first pregnancy, I would vomit every night.  Finally, my doctor said I didn't need to suffer through it (because TUMS weren't working at night) and I started taking Zantac or whatever.  I had breakthrough acid one time, though, it was Christmas night, I woke up coughing from the acid, sat straight up, DH SHOT out of bed and I puked right where he had been laying.  It was horrible!

Sisters:  Now and then.

imageimage

Elijah's 1st day of Kindergarten!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"