1st Trimester
Options

positive FRER but negative Digital??

I had 3 positive FRER's on thursday (2/7) but when I took a clear blue digital, it came back negative or "not pregnant" I waited until today to take another one and it still said "not pregnant" but FRER still shows positive. My period was due 2/5 so I am 6 days late. Are the digital test that much less sensitive??

Re: positive FRER but negative Digital??

• Options
    Yup, definitely far more sensitive. Wait another few days. Be sure to test with FMU.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

apparently.

I never took one. I got positive cheapies (wondofos) and called it a day.

If you get a + hpt (pink dye) you are PG. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! Now I can put my mind at ease! :)
  • Options
    So I should of taken the cheapo ones? I took 3 digital and all said pregnant.
  • Options
    I got positive Wondfo and FRERs on Thursday and I didn't turn a digital positive until Friday morning. I'm sure you will see it soon :)

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Actually digitals are a lot more sensitive than they used to be and are often pos the same day as a frer. 

Id call your OB for a blood draw. It sounds like it may be a cp. 

gl

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imageiloveu4ever:
    So I should of taken the cheapo ones? I took 3 digital and all said pregnant.

lol, you're also PG... the cheapo ones can be more sensitive. :) 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options

no cheapo ones are more sensitive than frer.

they are pos at around 6miu's.

5 and under are considered neg.  

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

• Options
    imageCinnamon Haze:
    Actually digitals are a lot more sensitive than they used to be and are often pos the same day as a frer.nbsp;Id call your OB for a blood draw. It sounds like it may be a cp.nbsp;gl

I actually agree that it may be worth a call to your dr. Frer picks up at 25 and digital picks up around 50. 3 days after your first positive you should be able to pick up a positive on a digital. I personally hate digitals because while they should make things easier, I think they are more stressful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also think this warrants a call to your doctor. I would request an hcg draw to check your levels and a repeat draw 48 hours later to check for proper rising. There a lot of factors in play, but the blood draws should give you a better idea of what's going on. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options

To pp.... Its true that both frer and digitals are listed to test pos. at levels higher than what I posted, I posted that based on what comes back from blood work in correlation to when a frer/digital was taken.

They will give you a pos sooner than the company claims it will, they are just being 'safe'  and conservative to cover their ass's. 

=) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"