1st Trimester
Options

How to Keep pregnancy under wraps at work?

Since it is still early- 4 weeks, I am getting nervous about getting morning sickness  at work- I work retail, and Im nervous my co workers will notice and put 2 and 2 together... how do you keep it under wraps?

Re: How to Keep pregnancy under wraps at work?

• Options
    I work retail too and thanks to m/s my coworkers DID figure it out. :(  I never said a word or made an excuse though..I should have just said I didn't feel well. I think they figured it out after I said it was OK and I didn't want to go home..I think my lack of concern is when they put it together.
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Options
    I work at a restaurant. My morning sickness isn't that bad. But some days I want to throw up but its just nausea.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you have lots of morning sickness, there's really no way to hide it. They're going to think you have some bad contagious stomach bug lol.

On the other hand, if you don't have morning sickness then only tell your boss and wait to tell the others til your 1st trimester is done. That's what I would do anyway.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I work at an elementary school and that nasty stomach bug was going around. It took people WEEKS to feel 100%. I blamed it on that. 
    June 2010 - IVM
    July 2, 2010- BFP Beta July 5th - 931 Repeat beta July 7th - 2,779
    July 13, 2010- First ultrasound! Gestational sac found!
    July 16, 2010 - 2nd u/s due to bleeding. Twins found! Baby A is great! Praying for Baby B!
    July 23, 2010 - 3rd u/s. Saw Baby A's flicker of a heartbeat! Lost Baby B. :-(
    March 16, 2011 - Nathan James was born
    November 26, 2012 - surprise BFP! It's a girl!
    July 26, 2013 - Lilianna Jean was born

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You may not have any morning sickness at all!  I'm 9.5 weeks and only have had occasional nausea.  Don't get yourself worked up about it.  Eat frequent small meals and snacks and keep crackers and candy and ginger ale with you.  If there's always a little food in your stomach you should be able to escape any vomiting and keep it under wraps as long as you want.
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"