November 2011 Moms

Breakfast freezer meal help

Okay ladies, I need your brains.

Last month, I made these breakfast burritos. They are yummy, but I realized that I don't really like my breakfast wrapped in a tortilla. I've just been microwaving the burrito & opening it up to eat the insides.

I'd like to freeze the "guts" of the burrito as a breakfast bowl type meal, but I'm drawing a blank on how to freeze it. Do I use a muffin pan or something & flash freeze or will I have to freeze them in individual little freezer bowls?

There has to be an easy way that I am just overlooking..ideas?

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Breakfast freezer meal help

• I would do little muffin cups and then just freeze a batch of them in a larger tupper...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsCaddyshack:
    I would do little muffin cups and then just freeze a batch of them in a larger tupper...

I agree with this. There are a ton of recipes on breakfast 'casserole' type muffins. Like little omelet type things. Or even with hashbrowns. Or in canadian bacon cups. I have some if you end up needing some ideas, lemme know. :)

I also don't like the tortilla part of the wrap. You could do english muffins. I plan on doing the whole McMuffin freezer stash and making the egg in muffin tins, just very thin. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageChan4dra04:

imageMrsCaddyshack:
    I would do little muffin cups and then just freeze a batch of them in a larger tupper...

I agree with this. There are a ton of recipes on breakfast 'casserole' type muffins. Like little omelet type things. Or even with hashbrowns. Or in canadian bacon cups. I have some if you end up needing some ideas, lemme know. :)

I also don't like the tortilla part of the wrap. You could do english muffins. I plan on doing the whole McMuffin freezer stash and making the egg in muffin tins, just very thin. 

Ohh, I kinda like the english muffin idea. I think when I make a new batch, I'll try half on english muffins & half as "breakfast bowls".

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I would use a silicon muffin pan as it's much easier to get the frozen food out of than a tin pan

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks, smilelari! I was wondering how that was gonna work.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • When I was on the south beach diet, I found a recipe for quiche cups and they were really good.  I used 6 eggs and added veggies and cheese and put into 12 cupcake tins.  They heat up well and I usually took them to work to eat at my desk.  Even after the no-carb part of SB was over, I still ate them.  I'm not sure how well they'd freeze but they did really well in the fridge.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imageJenny952:
    When I was on the south beach diet, I found a recipe for quiche cups and they were really good.  I used 6 eggs and added veggies and cheese and put into 12 cupcake tins.  They heat up well and I usually took them to work to eat at my desk.  Even after the no-carb part of SB was over, I still ate them.  I'm not sure how well they'd freeze but they did really well in the fridge.

LOVE the SB diet.  Was just on the forum today jotting down recipes and breakfast quiche cups are on my list.  SO good!

• imageJenny952:
    When I was on the south beach diet, I found a recipe for quiche cups and they were really good. nbsp;I used 6 eggs and added veggies and cheese and put into 12 cupcake tins. nbsp;They heat up well and I usually took them to work to eat at my desk. nbsp;Even after the nocarb part of SB was over, I still ate them. nbsp;I'm not sure how well they'd freeze but they did really well in the fridge.

Sounds good, I'll check it out. I'm all about prep ahead meals.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Just incase you are interested, and since I'm on this site right now, I thought I would post the SBD Forum list of recipes here.  I'm making a menu plan for the first 2 weeks since that's phase 1 and I'm already finding recipes that are very similar to the OAMMC recipes for freezer/crock pot meals, so I'm hoping that gives me the motivation to get on this.  The quiche cups are on there, along with a TON of other breakfast freezer/on the go ideas. 

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"