1st Trimester

Seeking help? I need help..

i'm not sure why i do this but i do. i brush off how i feel. the depressed hopeless always sad feeling and always crying...out of the blue.

if i tell the dr. what are they going to do? talk to me and give me medication?

how does it help?

i've felt hopeless before...it's just dragging me more and more down. and i feel like the only thing to do is cry...

i woke up my boyfriend this morning just to cry. hard.

so many things run through my head and i just feel like i'm going to explode...very overwhelming.

im not sure if i'm scared to seek help or something idk...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Seeking help? I need help..

• i really think you should talk to your doctor. there are probably ways of dealing with it other than medication, like counseling. whatever the cause, you really, really need to talk to a professional. good luck.
  • a while before i got pregnant i was seeing someone, but it didnt work and im just scared to do it again and feel like im wasting my timeee. im just really scared..
  • Loading the player...
  • As I kid, I grew up with my mom being extremely depressed after a bout with cancer. I encourage you to try seeing someone new. My mom saw some people who were helpful, and some who weren't. Keep trying until you find someone who is the right fit for you. It is the best thing by far that you can do for yourself and your child.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Talk to your doctor.  I've been there, before pregnancy, and yes, there was talking and medication.  And it took some time, but it did help...a lot.  It was hard for me to admit that I needed to talk to someone, but I'm so glad I did.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Start with your OB. You are right to get help. There are lots of options for you - therapy, natural remedies, even meds. A depressed mom to be is often more harmful to the baby than meds. I remain on an SSRI during pregnancy. It's a decision made by you and your doctor(s).  You will be amazed at how soon you will feel a difference.  You need help just like you would need help if you had a physical ailment. And in one way, it is physical because these issues are caused by hormones. GL to you. I'm so glad you are being strong for your baby and getting help. PM me if you need anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • You really should talk to your OB right away.  The homone changes during pregnancy and after pregnancy can make depression worse.  You need get your resources in place now, so that you can get the support you need to have a healthy pregnancy and to take care of a needy newborn.  Consider involving your BF in therapy as well so he has a good understanding of how to help support you through pregnancy and after the baby gets here.
  • As others have said, please talk this over with your doctor. If they recommend meds or talk therapy then you can do that. I do talk therapy about twice a month because my anxiety has spiked this pregnancy. 

The only way to tell if it will work for you is to try it out. You don't have to live like this, and there are options. Talk to your health care provider. Good luck to you.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• thank you everyone so much..it means a lot
  • Please talk to your doctor. If counseling didn't work the first time that probably means it wasn't a good fit with your therapist. I'm a therapist, and I don't click with every single client that walks into my office. If it isn't a good fit, I refer to someone else. When you find a good fit, it makes all the difference. You can and deserve to feel so much better!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageSaraSKC:
    Please talk to your doctor. If counseling didn't work the first time that probably means it wasn't a good fit with your therapist. I'm a therapist, and I don't click with every single client that walks into my office. If it isn't a good fit, I refer to someone else. When you find a good fit, it makes all the difference. You can and deserve to feel so much better!

that's the scary part for me. i'm opening up to people and then its just gone. when i was in middle school when my depression started i opened up to the school counselor there and then the next day she was gone...i felt so alone all over again. i felt like wth i did that for no reason. and then i had to find someone new and i was with her for awhile. although i didnt like it much she was the one that knew everything about me and what was going on. i'm so afraid to open up again..

• Let your new therapist know that is an issue from your past that makes it difficult for you to connect and trust. If someone came to me saying that right now I would immediately switch them to a different counselor since I can predict scheduling disruptions are likely because of my pregnancy. Your counselor can let you know if there are any planned leaves coming up, and can help you work on slowly building trust. Also, I'm sorry your school counselor left so quickly. At minimum, you should have had a closing session to say goodbye.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageBeachMama7693:
    i really think you should talk to your doctor. there are probably ways of dealing with it other than medication, like counseling. whatever the cause, you really, really need to talk to a professional. good luck.

I agree. That is what my nurse said if you need to talk we can talk.

• Please listen to the others and simply speak to someone.  I know that we are people who don't know you or your situation, however, I have had bouts of depression in my life.  I still battle depression and anxiety on a daily basis.  All I know is that if I hadn't spoken to the people I had, I would feel the same way you do.  Find someone who works for you and better yet, find help now because even if I don't know you, I don't want to see anyone hurting.  Prayers being sent your way and know you can keep posting to receive encouragement.  God Bless!

• Counselling is one of the best things you can do for yourself at this point. Talk to your Doctor for recommendations but just know that if you're not comfortable with one person you can always try someone else. When I was 18 I started having some pretty severe anxiety issues. I didn't know it was caused by my birth control pill at the time (it was all hormonal) and this went on for 11 years. My first therapist tried to tell me after 3 sessions that she didn't think I needed therapy anymore....I was very smart and articulate in communicating with her. I just needed better tools and information, something she couldn't give me. I felt hopeless too. But I finally found a counselor who was amazing. She was willing to talk with me and try all kinds of different techniques. She helped me SO much, even though I would have never fully recovered without having gotten off the pill.
    Now that I'm pregnant my hormones are changing again and I've had some very minor issues with anxiety so far. But because of the experiences I've had before this I'm SO much more better able to handle my situations now. And any anxiety 'attacks' I may have are very short and they don't knock me down like they used to. I will also be lining up some counselling for myself for when the baby comes. Knowing what I know about myself and my hormones I know that there is an extremely high chance of me having issues once the baby is here and I'd rather set myself up for success than let myself feel hopeless. It's not hopeless. It's a struggle and it's tough but it's so worth it to get the help you need. By getting help you're empowering yourself. It'll be quite the journey but I promise you it's worth it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCutieBean79:
    A depressed mom to be is often more harmful to the baby than meds

Couldn't agree more, I think everyone gave great advice. T&P with you as you seek help for yourself and your LO 

DD #1 4 years old (09/22/09)
    DD #2 2 years old (08/17/11)
    DD #3 born 08/29/13

• Sorry you're dealing with this :(  You should definitely talk to your Dr- that's part of their job.  You don't have to just deal with it when there are many helpful options out there.  GL!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"