3rd Trimester

Are you putting a bed skirt on your crib?

The front part of our crib comes down pretty low. I was planning on putting a bed skirt on it but now that the crib is set up I dunno....you??
TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: Are you putting a bed skirt on your crib?

• I had one for our first and it was cute and all, but with our dog, it turned into a hair and dust magnet, so we took it off. Its one of those things that isn't necessary in the least, but some like the look of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep. One of my friends is making me matching curtains and a bedskirt. I am super excited and love how it looks. I used one on my DS's crib as well. I personally think it makes the crib look more put together.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageimn_angel25:
    Yep. One of my friends is making me matching curtains and a bedskirt. I am super excited and love how it looks. I used one on my DS's crib as well. I personally think it makes the crib look more put together.

ya i like the look of bed skirts too

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • The bedding set I received at my shower came with a crib skirt, and I decided that since I won't be using the bumper, the skirt adds a little extra *mmph* haha. If I didn't use the skirt my crib would basically just be plain with a brown sheet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes I plan on using one!  I like the way it looks plus I may hide a few thing under the crib lol
  • Hi, I also don't know but i think it's cute and attractive to have a bed skirt. I am planning to buy all those things that can help my baby feel good specially if it is a girl because I really love babies. You can buy a crib with a ready made bed skirt on it. It'll be less expensive.
  • Yes.  My mom made a quilt for her and now she's going to make a crib skirt, matching valance, a pillow for the glider, and crib rail cover.  Our colors are grey, muted pink, and white.  We have done little to nothing for the nursery at this point so aside from the quilt my mom made, it's all just a vision at this point lol. 
  • I have one on mine. I think it looks more complete with one, especially since I have the bed partially raised. It's doing double duty and hiding all my boxed diapers! 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have one on ours. It looks really cute.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • no

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• imagechelseymiller10:
    Hi, I also don't know but i think it's cute and attractive to have a bed skirt. I am planning to buy all those things that can help my baby feel good specially if it is a girl because I really love babies. You can buy a crib with a ready made bed skirt on it. It'll be less expensive.

You're quite right about this. My mother never had a bed skirt on my crib and I felt horrible about myself all these years. It all makes so much sense .... Cool

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• To me, bedskirts on cribs are in the same category as bumper pads (16+ years ago) -- a nuisance to deal with when making the bed.  So, no, I'm not  putting a bedskirt on ds2's crib. (and no, I'm not putting bumper pads/mesh thingys in there either)

Then again, I've never been one to be concerned with having a cute, put-together nursery.   I did try it when ds1 was born, but it just didn't make his nursery feel any better/worse than having the ecletic nursery that dd had (and that ds2 will have.)

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • All I'm using is a sheet.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We put one on but it was useless.He slept in our room for almost 6 months in the bassinet. The day after we moved him to his crib, he got into a seated position on his own so we had to lower the mattress, which means the bed skirt could no longer be used.
  • A bed skirt came with the crib set we got at our shower. I put it on since I didn't want to store it or waste it by throwing it away. You can barely see it with the way our crib is built, but it does add a little extra to it since we are also not using bumpers.

• No bed skirt here. Although I agree it looks cute and makes it look more "put together" they are a pain in the AS* when changing the crib bedding. I had a skirt on with DD1 and it tore in the corners cause it would get caught and such. Hated it. Baby has NO IDEA whether there is a bed skirt on or not let alone what color its room is or if the bedding matched or heavens forbid the sheets are blue and baby is a girl!!!! The look of the nursery is all about mommy and nothing about baby. Not necessary and really who are you going to show it to really people are going to look, say "aww cute" and walk away. When baby is sleeping they don't care what everything looks like.  Maybe once they are 3 or so they start to have a favorite colour or character (Dora, Cinderella, etc) that is when I will start worring about decor in the room
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We didn't have one in DD's first bedroom. 

When we moved here and redesigned her nursery I did buy one... total PITA. Once you start lowering the mattress (so... 4 months?) it doesn't fit right anymore and you have to keep jacking it up every time you change the bedding. Not worth it.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I do, until the crib mattress is lowered all the way. Then the skirt I have is too long and drags the floor, so it no longer looks nice.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • I do.  It hides all of the junk I store under DD's crib. :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagemrsjjohnson2010:
    Yes I plan on using one!nbsp; I like the way it looks plus I may hide a few thing under the crib lol

Same! Why waste the extra storage space!? Haha
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Nope.  But we also didn't buy a crib bedding set or curtains.  Only a few fitted sheets.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"