March 2013 Moms

Lobster baby?

Anyone else have these horrible guilt ridden thoughts of what if you give birth to a bad egg - you know those Rosemary's baby types? 

Or what if they hate you! Or what if they aren't this beautiful angel you envision but a horrible lobster creature or a squirrel face or something!?

This isn't all consuming, just a passing thought and was wondering if anyone has shared similar concerns? Please don't think me a horrible soon to be mother :)

Re: Lobster baby?

• Ha ha, I've had similar passing thoughts. One of my more interesting pregnancy dreams was where I gave birth and she looked like one of the cocoon baby monsters in this old sci-fi movie that I used to watch with my grandmother - complete with gray, slimy skin. In the dream I was cooing over her and going on about how perfect she was, but when I woke up I told DH if the baby was that ugly, we were putting her up for adoption. :P

I'm pretty sure that as long as it's just a passing thought and not something that you're actually sitting there meditating over and getting seriously upset about, it's pretty normal. I think that every mom wants their kid to be wonderful, loving, and beautiful. And I assure you that as soon as LO is here, they will be. :)

• Meh. I think everyone has that crazy moment. Just wait until your child gets around two years old and wakes up a different child one morning and never goes back to that sweet baby you once knew. There will be days that you wonder if he/she has satan in them. Lol. I just tell people he gets it from his dad when he acts like an animal.
  • Loading the player...
  • All the time....

DH was a bit of a hellion with ADD. Since I got pregnant, all of these stories keep coming out about his childhood. Like that they had to tie him to a bench on the ferry because he couldn't sit still, and that he chipped a tooth by taking a header in the shoe store because he was running in dress shoes with his hands in his pockets. He's the calmest guy ever now, but apparently he was a wild child. He's already apologized multiple times for his genes and we're just preparing for peeling our kid off the ceiling.

It doesn't help that every time I go for an ultrasound they say "wow, your baby is really active!" Apparently yesterday he was doing gymnastics in there and managed to get his foot up over his head, while chewing on his hand.

I was super calm as a kid, so I'm kind of freaking out and worried that I won't be able to relate or keep him from injuring himself. Everyone we know has super easy, calm kids and I'm worried that we'll have the uncontrollable one......
    BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/
  • imagekateryna72:
    All the time.... DH was a bit of a hellion with ADD. Since I got pregnant, all of these stories keep coming out about his childhood. Like that they had to tie him to a bench on the ferry because he couldn't sit still, and that he chipped a tooth by taking a header in the shoe store because he was running in dress shoes with his hands in his pockets. He's the calmest guy ever now, but apparently he was a wild child. He's already apologized multiple times for his genes and we're just preparing for peeling our kid off the ceiling. It doesn't help that every time I go for an ultrasound they say "wow, your baby is really active!" Apparently yesterday he was doing gymnastics in there and managed to get his foot up over his head, while chewing on his hand. I was super calm as a kid, so I'm kind of freaking out and worried that I won't be able to relate or keep him from injuring himself. Everyone we know has super easy, calm kids and I'm worried that we'll have the uncontrollable one......

Haha this is us exactly. Your DH sounds just like mine. He peed on a light bulb once, just to see what would happen. He ran over his 9 months pregnant mom when he was 2 with a Hot Wheel. He was a monster child. And our u/s was exactly the same.. baby was just flailing it's arms and legs everywhere. We are definitely prepared for a mini-DH, so if the baby comes out calm and behaved like me, we'll consider ourselves super lucky :) 

• I dreamt the other night that i gave birth to a litter of piglets. After that freakout, I'm sure little man will turn out just fine. After all, any creature my husband and I produce have to be at least as cute as baby pigs, right?

• imageshellmh:

imagekateryna72:
    All the time.... DH was a bit of a hellion with ADD. Since I got pregnant, all of these stories keep coming out about his childhood. Like that they had to tie him to a bench on the ferry because he couldn't sit still, and that he chipped a tooth by taking a header in the shoe store because he was running in dress shoes with his hands in his pockets. He's the calmest guy ever now, but apparently he was a wild child. He's already apologized multiple times for his genes and we're just preparing for peeling our kid off the ceiling. It doesn't help that every time I go for an ultrasound they say "wow, your baby is really active!" Apparently yesterday he was doing gymnastics in there and managed to get his foot up over his head, while chewing on his hand. I was super calm as a kid, so I'm kind of freaking out and worried that I won't be able to relate or keep him from injuring himself. Everyone we know has super easy, calm kids and I'm worried that we'll have the uncontrollable one......

Haha this is us exactly. Your DH sounds just like mine. He peed on a light bulb once, just to see what would happen. He ran over his 9 months pregnant mom when he was 2 with a Hot Wheel. He was a monster child. And our u/s was exactly the same.. baby was just flailing it's arms and legs everywhere. We are definitely prepared for a mini-DH, so if the baby comes out calm and behaved like me, we'll consider ourselves super lucky :) 

Yes Could be worse, a friend of ours lit a fire in his trashcan as a kid and then threw it out the window so he wouldn't get caught. His mother was sitting in the dining room, and saw a flaming trashcan go flying by the window!

BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/
  • Lurking from Feb 2013... I think I love this post more than anything right now lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was just telling my brother that it feels like an alien is moving inside me and I wouldn't be surprised if the baby came out with a top hat and walking cane singing "Hello my baby. Hello my darling. Hello my ragtime gal!" Just like at the end of the movie Spaceballs.

My brother and I love quoting movies and have a sick sense of humor. He's awesome like that.
  • I literally pray everyday for a beautiful baby because of crazy thoughts like this...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"