June 2012 Moms

Cartoons?

I know this maybe a random question but is your LO tuned into cartoons? If so, which ones?  
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cartoons?

• imageDisneyPeanut:

We watch Baby TV. On there her favorite is Billy & Bambam. She also likes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, especially the Hot Dog Dance song at the end. She mostly smiles anytime there is a song on the tv.

this is us too. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is pretty much the only thing that slightly catches her attention. But she loves to bounce to songs. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS loves watching Baby Einstein!  He watches it every morning after his first bottle.  It's so funny to watch him crack up EVERY time the doggy puppet comes on the screen.  He looks at the doggy puppet and then at our own 2 dogs and then laughs!

We also watch Sesame Street whenever I see that it's on, I'll just put it on in the background while we play on the floor.  And he also watches Micky Mouse Clubhouse at my moms!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Loading the player...
  • I don't let DS watch too much tv but when I do it's also Mickey Mouse club and I let him watch the classics like Flinstones.
  • I have never put the tv on for DD, she glimpses at the tv throughout the day if it is on. We put a lot of music on and sings and dance. I am not a huge fan of it. I will probably use it in the next couple months so this momma can get a tiny break.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I hate that DS is so aware of tv... He loves Sesame Street and pretty much anything on PBS...I confess that I put it on for him if I need to do something and I have no other choice :(
  • My DD watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einsteins...We only watch one show a day and we alternate from one day to the next between the two.  She LOVES listening to music of any kind so we do that alot :)
  • imagedrbethc:
    I hate that DS is so aware of tv... He loves Sesame Street and pretty much anything on PBS...I confess that I put it on for him if I need to do something and I have no other choice :

I think we put to much pressure on ourselves to be sure we are entertaining lo every second of awake time.
    I really don't see the harm is watching one show a day and either watch it with them or use that time to get our stuff done.
    We balance it out with tons of music, dancing, singing and reading.
    That's just my opinion though.
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• imageklasala318:
    imagedrbethc:
    I hate that DS is so aware of tv... He loves Sesame Street and pretty much anything on PBS...I confess that I put it on for him if I need to do something and I have no other choice :
    I think we put to much pressure on ourselves to be sure we are entertaining lo every second of awake time. I really don't see the harm is watching one show a day and either watch it with them or use that time to get our stuff done. We balance it out with tons of music, dancing, singing and reading. That's just my opinion though.

I totally agree with you klasala!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Not judging at all, but I am surprised and how many people here put the tv on for their babies at this age! I honestly never even thought to do it... IMO she's still too young to enjoy it but I guess from what you're all saying that's not true.
  • imageSigir:
    Not judging at all, but I am surprised and how many people here put the tv on for their babies at this age! I honestly never even thought to do it... IMO she's still too young to enjoy it but I guess from what you're all saying that's not true.

Like everything in life, TV has it's advantages and it's disadvantages.  That's why I don't think it's that harmful to let them watch it in moderation.  Of course, people will argue this... and that's why I say to each their own.

Everything in moderation, right?  Of course if the TV is used as a babysitter all the time, your LO isn't going to learn and develop as they should.  But I do feel that TV can be used as an educational tool.  Baby Einstein is full of classical music, which my son now would prefer to listen to when we are in the car, and it mixes puppets and imaginary things with real life to help bring the correlation together.  I'm not creating a commercial here for the product, I swear!  And again, I'm not saying let your LO sit and watch it all day every day, but in moderation.  Learning cartoons and entertaining cartoons are fine in my book.

Like I mentioned above, in my first comment, DS sees the doggy puppet on tv and then will right away look for our dogs.  He smiles at them and laughs.  He enjoys it and he may not know the word "dog" yet, but he knows that they are the same thing as what he's watching.

Here's hoping a don't get ripped a new one for saying all this ;)

Our TTC Journey

• imagealizabethanne:

imageklasala318:
    imagedrbethc:
    I think we put to much pressure on ourselves to be sure we are entertaining lo every second of awake time. I really don't see the harm is watching one show a day and either watch it with them or use that time to get our stuff done. We balance it out with tons of music, dancing, singing and reading. That's just my opinion though.

I totally agree with you klasala!  

Thanks!  It's not everyday you find someone that agrees with this :)  It's nice to know I'm not the only one!

Our TTC Journey

• The way I figured out my LO could even be interested in TV was on accident.  She was on the floor in her baby gym and I wanted to see what kind of cartoons were on Disney nowadays and Little Einsteins happened to be on.  I watched it for a few minutes and noticed my little Bug was watching it too... I think alot has to do with the colors and the music... 
  • not really.  She doesn't even really notice if they're playing for DD1.. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageDisneyPeanut:

We watch Baby TV. On there her favorite is Billy & Bambam. She also likes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, especially the Hot Dog Dance song at the end. She mostly smiles anytime there is a song on the tv.

Kara prefers to watch Glee with me over cartoons :D 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I put Sesame Street on Netflix in the background.  He looks up for the songs, but doesn't sit transfixed by it.  If the tv is on in the room, he looks around for the commercials with music as well.
  • We let DD watch Baby Einstein and the classics, like Loony Toons, Scooby Doo, Duck tales, etc. 
  • DS watches Baby Einsein for 2030 min each night between 6 pm and 7 while I make dinner. Otherwise if he's playing on the floor and the TV's on he has no interest in it. Probably because unless I put him in the excersaucer he can't see it from the floor.
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Doc McStuffins she loves..  But when Choo Choo soul comes on.. in between shows she loves that. I have it recorded so we can skip to that.. 

I try to not let her watch it much but when shes watch by mother and mother in law i tell them but who knows how much they do or dont 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Nope. And I pretty much have cartoons on all day for my 3 year old.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • My son and i watch sesame street every day together, usuallyin the morning. He likes to bounce in his excersaucer to the songs. And he'll look over at me to make sure im watching the tv too and if im not he ba ba ba bas at me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS loves Team Umizoomi, Bubble Guppies, and reportedly laughed out loud for 10 minutes at Frederick and Friends. He also loves the Snuggle bear fabric softener commercials and the Care.com commercials.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"