Attachment Parenting

Boba Wrap?

Happy Friday afternoon ladies :)

I do not post on this board at all but feel this may be the best one for feedback.

Anyone use a Boba wrap or carrier? 

I love babywearing and committed the ulimate crime of using a Baby Bjorn with my last DD--now that I am far more informed and LOVE baby wearing we are getting ready for this LO.

I havent used a wrap style carrier and was just looking for some feedback...

Thanks for your time--it's appreicated!

Krys DD#1-6/2002; DD#2-4/2010; SUPRISE BFP 10/19 EDD 6/25/13 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Boba Wrap?

• What's wrong with Baby Bjorns? I was thinking about getting one.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagehavingaleo:
    What's wrong with Baby Bjorns? I was thinking about getting one.

They're a "crotch dangler" where the baby is only supported by his/her groin, a position than can cause hip dysplasia. The optimal position for babywearing is facing in, supported from knee to knee. Also, many mamas say the bjorn isn't very comfortable.
    OP, Bobas are a stretchy wrap, so you are limited in what you can do with them. The jersey fabric gets hot and they get uncomfortable with heavier babies. I would suggest looking into a woven wrap. If cost is an issue, look on etsy babyette or lilpeeperskeepers or buy on thebabywearer.com a Gypsymama Bali Breeze gauze is great for a new squish and reasonably priced
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I will look into those, although I am, nervous about learning how to tie them.

Heat is a big factor and my wee one is coming this June and we live in Arizona so the last thing we need is to be hot!

Krys DD#1-6/2002; DD#2-4/2010; SUPRISE BFP 10/19 EDD 6/25/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was super intimidated by wraps at first, too. Go on thebabywearer forums and paxbaby.com and see if there are any babywearing groups or mamas near you. Going to a babywearing group saved my life. Oh, and if cost isn't an issue, check out Didymos, Natibaby, or a retailer like wrapped baby or birdies room.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I liked the boba wrap. It is stretchy so you can just wrap it tight and put baby in. I had problems with the moby leaving the right space or trying to wrap while holding ds1. The boba wrap only does tummy to tummy so it is limited but it is the only way I carry like to carry when little. I have a soft structured carrier for when he is older.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I have a boba carrier and I really like it. The one I have is more structured than a wrap  I had the moby wrap, which worked really well until DD got a little bit heavier.  My DH got a baby bjorn and liked it, but I didn't care for it after finding out if's a crotch dangler, and also it's not very comfortable.  It puts all the weight on the baby's crotch and the carrier's shoulders.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Boba wraps and SSCs are good although I don't care for the SSC for newborns.  My siggy link has pros and cons of different carrier types that might help you choose.  If you are worried about heat, you may want to skip a stretchy wrap as they tend to be warmer.  Something like the Bali Baby Breeze or another gauze wrap is super cool.  If you want soft, a thin woven like a Vatanai or Ellaroo would be a good choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"