Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Cosleeping

I'm so undecided wanted to hear from you ladies. My Lo has just about everything you can buy for him to sleep in but I find myself in the middle of the night putting him in the bed with me. I make sure he is safe but I have read so many articles about SIDS that's it driving me crazy and I up all night. Any parents out there co sleep if so let me know how it's going?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Cosleeping

• I have also been cosleeping with my lo. At first I was very nervous as well. But now, it's awesome. Lo stays asleep longer and is easy when he is ready to feed at night. He does not sleep with us all the time, just when he seems fussy and does not want to sleep in the bassinet. Just make sure there are no pillows or blankets near his face and it will be fine. 
  • Thanks ladies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Me too. I started with her bassinet right against the bed, but she woke up angry when she was put down. Sometimes with a warm sheet I can get her in it, but I more often bed share now. The safe guidelines are to put baby between the mother and a bed rail or wall (Dads don't have the same awareness of baby), use a thin blanket, or keep bulky blankets at your waist level, and not to have any stray pillows. Babies sleep in the mothers bed all around the world. Our culture is the weird one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sometimes one of our twins, or both will cosleep with us. We have two cosleepers by the bed that they also sleep in occasionally. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We technically co sleep. I will bring him in bed to feed until he is asleep then put him in his rock n play. Eventually he just stays in bed with me. I like the early morning cuddles. He sleeps much better cuddled with me. He normally sleep in till 10 am like this. However, on a few occations we have gotten up at noon! I coslept with my daughter till 7 months and fully planned to with little man as well.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • She sleeps with me for at least 1 stretch between feedings at night, I feel like I'm hyper alert though so any movement/noise wakes me but since she sleeps so much better up against me she doesn't fuss as much and we both sleep better.
  • those who cosleep- where do you put your baby?  on the mattress next to you?  in a co sleeper next to the bed?  I would worry about rolling over or jumping up in my sleep - or him getting squished under my pillow.  Even if you have no blankets by your LO's face, how do you keep them away while you are sleeping?

Just curious b/c my LO gets up at night to eat and I have to hold him upright for 15 min b/c of reflux.  So usually I sit up against the headboard and hold him on my chest, and sometimes I have fallen asleep with him for an hour or so and I feel horrible when I wake up- b/c I worry about the risks of doing that.

So how do you cosleep safely? 

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
  • imagealbjag:
    those who cosleep where do you put your baby? nbsp;on the mattress next to you? nbsp;in a co sleeper next to the bed? nbsp;I would worry about rolling over or jumping up in my sleep or him getting squished under my pillow. nbsp;Even if you have no blankets by your LO's face, how do you keep them away while you are sleeping?Just curious b/c my LO gets up at night to eat and I have to hold him upright for 15 min b/c of reflux. nbsp;So usually I sit up against the headboard and hold him on my chest, and sometimes I have fallen asleep with him for an hour or so and I feel horrible when I wake up b/c I worry about the risks of doing that.So how do you cosleep safely?nbsp;

I have in bed with me. I keep my blanket light weight and down near my waste and he is nowhere near my pillow. I sleep on my side facing him and kind of cocoon around him. This way he is protected. I do have a pillow betweene and DH though. Just in case. I rarely move when he is in bed with me.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    We technically co sleep. I will bring him in bed to feed until he is asleep then put him in his rock n play. Eventually he just stays in bed with me. I like the early morning cuddles. He sleeps much better cuddled with me. He normally sleep in till 10 am like this. However, on a few occations we have gotten up at noon! I coslept with my daughter till 7 months and fully planned to with little man as well.

Baby sleeping in bed with you is bed sharing - baby sleeping in the room with you is co-sleeping.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"