March 2013 Moms

HOLY HELL, swollen ankles

I knew I did a lot of walking today and my feet hurt? I thought it was the shoes I wore. Now that I'm laying around with my feet up they are SO swollen! I've never seen them this swollen, my ankles are gone and all thats left are these huge elephant looking feet. My DH walked in the room a few minutes ago and said " I told you so!" Now I want to slap him!
Alexander 03/13/2008 Jace 03/20/2013 

Re: HOLY HELL, swollen ankles

• Raise them above your head! and drink plenty of water..

My feet look like Potatoes preparing to pop!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have been swollen for weeks now. Today my Dr. told me to get epsom salt to put in my bath. It worked, the pressure/achy feeling went away. The swelling is only a little less. Keep your feet up, lots of pillows underneath. Feel better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh the lovely things at the end of pregnancy!  I get this almost daily from sitting at a desk all day or if I walk a lot.  Put your feet up and get some rest.  Sometimes massaging them helps as well (my husband helps out in that department).  Feel better!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsKeene12:
    I have been swollen for weeks now. Today my Dr. told me to get epsom salt to put in my bath. It worked, the pressure/achy feeling went away. The swelling is only a little less. Keep your feet up, lots of pillows underneath. Feel better.

This. I get so little done on my days off work because I spend so much time in my recliner with my throw pillows underneath my feet. I justify my laziness because my feet are usually back to normal (from extreme swelling) by mid afternoon if I up my water intake. So my husband can handle putting the dishes away a few times a week until my feet start looking human agian.

• Thanks for the replies ladies. I kept my feet proped up all night and have drank a ton of water. My feet are still really swollen so I might try soaking them in epsom salt later. They look horrible!
    Alexander 03/13/2008 Jace 03/20/2013 

• Yeah, my feet are pretty gross looking at this point too.  It takes about an hour in the morning after waking up before the swelling sets in, and it is mostly just my feet.  I like to put them in DH's face and say: your wife is turning into the elephant man!

And the thought of him rubbing them makes me cringe.  They hurt so much and feel like they're going to pop! 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"