Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

talk to me about your diaper changing routine (xp)

What's your diaper changing routine entail?...particularly for diaper rash prevention/remedy.

Per pedi recommendations, I have not been using anything for a wet diaper (no wipes, no nothing) and only wipes for a poop diaper. If there was any redness, I was using a zinc oxide spray. Pedi said the least amount of product the better. 

Lately, DS is pretty red where the skin folds in his legs rub together and/or where diaper rubs that same area, as well as red along the side of his testicles where I'm assuming the diaper must be rubbing. The area is red and shiny looking (kinda like a burn) and there's an area on his testicles where the skin is peeling. So, now, I'm thinking blot warm wet cloth to area after pee diapers and blot dry. Wipe with poop diapers still. And let the area dry out for a bit before applying ointment and putting diaper on. 

Any other recs? Favorite diaper rash cream? 

xp 0-3m

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: talk to me about your diaper changing routine (xp)

• Options
    This is what I do and I find it helps:
    Use alcohol free wipes
    Let her have a few minutes of diaper free time at each change to air out and dry
    I use Vaseline at each change to help prevent irritation
    If a rash occurs I use Sudocrem

Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Options
    When DD gets bad we use extra strength Butt Paste. We only wash when she poops and that's with a warm washcloth. And like PP said let the bum air dry before putting another diaper on.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We do use the A/D prevent sometimes and that has worked wonders!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

i give DD about 5 minutes of bare butt time before and after her bath.

after wiping (wet or poopy diapers) we use a cornstarch powder for at least half of her daily diapers.  she gets a little pink some days, but rarely gets an acutal rash.

maybe try a different brand of diapers.  DD doesnt have an issue with Loves (i hate how they fit, but no breakouts) but my cousins kids break out when they wore them.

10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options
    We use a paste called Periguard. I'm not sure who makes it but it is blue in color. We bought it from our Pedi when LO had a very mild yeast infection like rash. It worked very well.

We use alcohol free pampers sensitive wipes but only for poopy diapers. Also give lots of naked butt time.

• Options
    I like a little bit of a cornstarch-based powder to dry out the area (make sure it doesn't get in his face) topped with a thick layer of Butt Paste.

• Options
    I cloth diaper LO during the day but I put him in a sposie at night with some Baby Anti Monkey Butt Cream. Works like a charm!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I put Aquaphor or Vaseline in all of LO's diapers. Also, when he had diaper rash pedi suggested saturating a cloth in warm water, squeezing water on the area then blotting to clean. And then patting dry. This is for bowel movements. She told us the actual wiping of areas is what sometimes causes rash. So we try not to wipe and I find the Vaseline makes our job easier because everything just slides off his butt
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"