November 2012 Moms

Recommend your Ride

DH and I will be test driving new cars again this weekend because my Civic is no longer practical. I'm thinking some sort of crossover (rouge, santa fe, sorento, etc) would be nice; however, Mr. sportscar enthusiast is pushing for a mini-van (who are you and what have you done with the guy I married?!?). LO is currently an only child, but we plan on trying for 1 more within a year or two.

What do you drive? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your Ride

• My last 2 cars have been VW Jettas, and I'm definitely a lifer a VW.
    imageimage imageimage
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I drive an 08 Chevy Aveo. It's a cute little car. 4 door. Nice on gas.
    BUT the backseat is small. Both seats have to be moved up a little so both kids can sit comfortable in the back seat especially the infant car seat which takes up a chunk of space.
    I would love to have a bigger car but for now it's gets us all where we need to go.
  • Loading the player...
  • I never thought this would happen but I have a Honda minivan. We actual bought it when we only had DS and I had a crossover but because it didn't have overhead vents in the back he was always pouring sweat and we wanted something a little bigger for road trips. We were planning 1 and done but along came DD a year later and now I could not live without the van.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • I bought a Nissan Versa in October and I love it. It's small, but has a nice sized back seat and gets great gas mileage.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I drive a Chevy equinox...smaller SUV and get about 20-25 miles per gallon...my favorite part of it, the backseat moves forward and back giving plenty of room for carseats and has a huge trunk/back...I love it! 
  • I have a GMC Terrain. It's a crossover and gets decent gas mileage. I love it! It's roomy in the back, but not huge like an SUV so it's easy to drive ( and park). 
    Pregnancy Ticker

photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • We have a Santa Fe, and it's nice and roomy, but it's definitely not a crossover. It's pretty big, we can fit the car seat comfortably, and put our two dogs (one the size of a mini horse) easily in the back. The only complaint I have is that I can hardly get the car seat in the base without kind of crawling into the car. But that's because I put it in the middle.
    V|V TSP V|V
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I upgraded from a Corolla to a Subaru Forester and I love it. Except for giving up my manual transmission. It gets decent mpg, is not ginormous, and is really easy to get H in and out of.

image   My chart 

• Subaru Outback.  Awesome ride.  I love it.

imageimageimage

Anniversary
  • We each own a Ford Edge.  Best.Car.Ever. /gavel
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I drove a Ford Edge when it was just my daughter ( loved it) but then recently upgraded to a Chevy Traverse now that we have 2 kids....so far i love it too..lots of room and love having a 3rd row.
    *Michelle* Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I had a Ford Escape, loved it. But it was old and I needed a new vehicle. I down sized to a Chevy Cruz. I loved it before I had K. Great on gas I drive 70 miles round trip for work. MH had a Ford Explorer, so that's why I was fine with getting a car. In my Cruz, the passenger seat has to be moved up very far to get the car seat behind it. Right when I found out I was pregnant, DH got a job that is 85 miles round trip, do he down sized to a Ford Taurus. I love it! So much room for a sedan and great on gas.
    TTC #1 BFP 6/1/2011 blighted ovum d&c 7/15/11
    TTC #2 BFP 12/6/11 chemical pregnancy natural mc 12/18/11
    TTC #3 BFP 3/19/12. 4/9: HR of 134! **Bake Turkey, Bake!**
    **All ALs Welcome**
  • We have an older ford explorer.. I love it.
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJenner37:
    I drive a Chevy equinox...smaller SUV and get about 20-25 miles per gallon...my favorite part of it, the backseat moves forward and back giving plenty of room for carseats and has a huge trunk/back...I love it! 

me too! And I love that the back seat moves so you don't have to move the front ones! 

• I drive an '04 Honda Pilot. I loved the newer ones but this one was more in our budget. Great milage and has optional third row. It's perfect.

My parents just got a Kia Sorrento and I love it as well. It's just not as long for 3 rd row. If you don't need 3rd row, I loved Ford Escapes.

If your budget is higher, I LOVE, love, love Armadas.
  • I'm a total Bay Area stereotype, I drive a Prius. Freaking love that thing. Gas mileage is obviously great but I'm also super impressed with the way the interior space was planned. It's a small car but still plenty big for both carseats and the front seats can be all the way back, which is great since DH and I are both tall. The cargo area is a nice size too, and it makes a convenient diaper changing area when we're out and about.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it only has 4 seats, so we can't bring anyone else along when we go places. But we'd have that issue no matter what 4 seater we had.
  • I drive a Traverse. It had bucket seats in the 2nd row so you can easily get to the 3rd row when needed or you can put the 3rd row down, It's my second one traded in the first for a newer one so obviously I love it!!! Drives awesome, space is great, more 'stylish' than a minivan ;
  • When I had just 2, I drove a CRV. I loved it but as a SAHM, I had started thinking about getting something with 3 rows. It's tricky but not impossible to fit a third carseat in a small SUV like that. When I got pg with our third, I knew a minivan was the most practical option. I swore I'd never drive one but I now have an Odyssey. Since we need access to the third row everyday and my neighbor and I trade off driving the kids to school every day, it made the most sense for us.

Here's my advice, if you are a SAHM, think about getting soemthing with a third row because you'll probably want it someday. If you work and this will only rarely be an issue for you, buy whatever the heck you like! I did love my CRV. H drives it now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well it seems I am the only one here cruising in a truck lol! I have a 09' Chevy silverado 4x4 crew cab. Its huge and I love it. Horrible gas mileage but I only drive 5 miles to work. I grew up in the country and have always had a truck.

DH on the other hand has an nissan altima and he really likes it. Very roomy back seat, huge trunk, and great gas mileage. Both of our vehicles had great crash test ratings which was my main concern with W in the car.  

Missed M/C 11/11/11
    BFP: 3/15/12 EDD: 11/25/12 DOB: 11/12/12
  • imageLuckylove23:
    imageabbp23:
    Well it seems I am the only one here cruising in a truck lol! I have a 09' Chevy silverado 4x4 crew cab. Its huge and I love it. Horrible gas mileage but I only drive 5 miles to work. I grew up in the country and have always had a truck.
    I have a '10 4x4 crew cab silverado also.. I drive 100 miles 4x's a week when I go back to work so will be switching between the truck and the car. Going to look for a job closer to home after I go back so hopefully the distance won't be a problem cause I loooovvee my truck

Yay! Thank goodness I am not the only one! 

Missed M/C 11/11/11
    BFP: 3/15/12 EDD: 11/25/12 DOB: 11/12/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"