March 2013 Moms

Pregnancy brain at its finest... I accidently called 911 at work today. Indifferent Worst part is this is the second time I have done this. How have I not been fired yet?

Please tell me you have done worse!?

Re: 911

• OK...need to know details...how do you accidentally call 911?  LOL
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nope.

Though, my 1 year old did manage to dial 911 when I let her play with my phone once. It started ringing, because they called back, and I answer and was surprised to hear 911 on the other line. They were really nice about it, at least. 

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • One night I was babysitting my niece, she was about 3, and my son and here were fighting. I'm in the kitchen making dinner and I hear her say "You're so mean! I'm calling 911. Well, I would but I don't remember what the 9 looks like." I laughed for a good while, and told my sister she better not teach her what the 9 looks like or she would be calling the police for everything!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well I work in a hotel, and we do comfirmation calls for reservations. you dial 9 to call then 1 if its out of state.... the area code began with a 2, but my finger hit 1 9+1+1 = the police calling back and wondering what the emergency is, and me having to explain this horrible story.
  • My male manager accidentally did that yesterday. He hit 9 to dial outwhich he didn't need to do, and then entered an extension number that started with 1 1...he hung up, but 911 called back. Needless to say, he didn't have the excuse of pregnancy brain :

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• DS dialed 911 about 6 months ago (he doesn't know about 911 so it was just by chance).  We found out when a state trooper showed up at our door!  Oops

• I did this at work the other day too!  We have to dial 9 to get out first and another 9 before making the call.  I dialed 911 instead of 991.  They really should change this so it's not so easy to make that mistake.  I hung up too and they called me right back so I had to explain.  Embarressing...
  • People do this all the time at our company, since you have to dial 9-1-area code-number to reach an outside line.  One thing they always tell employees is that of you do accidentally dial 9-1-1, don't hang up but stay on the line and explain what happened.  If you hang up they have to send police to the location. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• Peeking over from the April board, but I couldn't resist telling my story...
    I also worked for a hotel where you have to dial "9" to get an outside line, then "1" before dialing the area code.  I had a guest on the line that needed to be connected to internet support, so I set it up to transfer, and dialed 9-1-1, realizing I hit the "1" twice, I tried to hang up the call, but I hit "transfer" so I transfered the guest on the line to the 911 operator!!  Needless to say, I got a call back a minute later from the guest, he was okay about it thank goodness, but he says "Well I really need to get online, but it's not THAT much of an emergency!"
    I wanted to hide under the desk!
  • Haha, that's actually funny. My husband is a 911 dispatcher and he said this happens all the time! You wouldn't believe how many kiddos call 911. The policy, at least where he works, is to attempt a call back. If its a land line, they will send the police to the location. If its a cell phone, there's not too much they can do.

Accidentally calling is better than what some call for. "When is my garbage going to be picked up since today is a holiday?" Yes, it's true!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My friend's 9 month old managed to call 911 by accident.  Not sure how he managed it.  He said, luckily, the dispatcher had a sense of humor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"