February 2013 Moms

Will people quit telling me when to have this baby?

So I've got my older sister telling me that since her kids have Monday the 18th off of school, it would be really nice if I had the baby around Friday the 15th so she can travel here and spend the long weekend with me and the baby.  Great.  I really want to go past my due date for that reason.

Another sister wants to be at the birth but can only make it Friday-Monday.

Then I've got my dad telling me to have the baby before Sunday so he can see it before he leaves for a work trip.

DH says I can have it starting next Tuesday because Monday is a crazy day at work and it would really put his boss in a bind if I had the baby before then.

One of my MWs has a really important family function on Sunday and is praying I don't have the baby then.  The MWs apprentice would prefer an odd day because she is in school and has classes on even days.

MIL hopes it happens on a weekend so she doesn't have to take time off work.

Seriously, people.  If I could have this baby right now in my office I would.  I don't care THAT much about your schedules and whether or not you will be here.

Is anyone else dealing with this?

Re: Will people quit telling me when to have this baby?

• YES.  And it is soooo annoying.

Fellow cheer coach doesn't want me to have baby until tomorrow because our big clinic/performance is tonight and she needs me to be there.  Ditto my whole JV team.

Mom doesn't want me to have him until Sunday because her dog has a show tomorrow that she really wants to go to (and would be the second time I/this baby have been preempted by a dog show).

Husband won't say it (because he is smart) but he hopes baby comes after the 13th because he is down to the wire on a work project that completes on the 12th and his boss will lose his mind if Husband isn't there to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Friend wants me to have him today because she was induced and delivered this morning and wouldn't it be cool to have our babies on the same day?  (We are not especially close, but she's very nice.)

I wanted this baby to come two days ago...we can't all have our way, people.

• That would annoy me to no end!  How do you stay patient when people keep saying things like that?  I'd like to know your secret! 

My family isn't doing anything THAT annoying, but my mom does keep saying "I think the baby will come on [this day]."   And it changes every time I talk to her.  I told her I was going to be induced starting on the night of the 12th, and she said "Wouldn't it be so cool if your baby was a Valentine's one??"  I responded with "No thank you, that would very much upset me.  That would mean I would be laboring for more than 24 hours.  I would rather not."

Your baby will come when he is ready and when your body is ready.  Too bad to all those folks with a schedule because baby don't give a crap.  In fact, he may come at the worst possible time, isn't that how it seems to always work?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry, but this post made me just laugh. Not at your situations, just that people think that their personal agenda might matter at all. Lol why are the babies so inconsiderate?

I think the only thing I've gotten is that my mom doesn't want him to come too soon because she already bought tickets and if I had him too early she might miss my maternity leave. DH did straight up said he wants the baby to come soon so he can skip out of a run his unit is doing in all their gear on the 13th. Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers image From the poster formally known as mghalpert
  • Yes! My older sister, who lives out of town, wants him to come asap because she's stressed and wants a day off work. It doesn't matter to her that our house is a disaster because a plumbing problem has resulted in our master shower needing to be ripped out and replaced. All the finishing work won't be done until the middle of next week, and I'd really like to be able to have everything in order before baby boy arrives! She's also hoping he comes on Valentine's Day, even though she knows I'd rather he not share his birthday with a holiday.
    BabyFruit Ticker

my read shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I haven't really been experiencing this, but what I am getting a lot more now is people trying to tell me how to induce labor. "Oh go for a walk, have sex, eat garlic, go bowling, etc etc etc." Like it's my fault I am three days overdue.

I am over 9 months preggo and have had PUPPPs for 12 weeks, people! Don't you think I googled natural ways to induce labor and tried them out of desperation even knowing they don't really work? Oh but thanks for telling me to "walk" that just didn't occur to me. Indifferent

I like cookies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes!!!! I have had people calling me for the last 2 weeks and telling me when the baby should come.  My husband just about put me over the edge on Monday because he had a work trip that he had to go on last night, and he was freaking out that he didn't know what he would do if I had the baby last night.  Well we didn't have the baby last night...so he can stop freaking out.  I never in a million years thought about telling people I knew when they should have their baby because it was convenient for me, and I feel like that's all I have heard the last few weeks.  People don't understand that even though they may not be 100% serious when they are saying these things, we are very hormonal, and at this point I don't need any unnecessary comments from them :)  And that's how I feel about that lol

• They'll quit as soon as you pop it out. Promise ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageeriannc22:

I haven't really been experiencing this, but what I am getting a lot more now is people trying to tell me how to induce labor. "Oh go for a walk, have sex, eat garlic, go bowling, etc etc etc." Like it's my fault I am three days overdue.

I am over 9 months preggo and have had PUPPPs for 12 weeks, people! Don't you think I googled natural ways to induce labor and tried them out of desperation even knowing they don't really work? Oh but thanks for telling me to "walk" that just didn't occur to me. Indifferent

Ditto to this (minus the PUPPs)!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Funny that my mom and dad are coming 2 days before my due date and there were no more tickets for before that, and when I told her they might miss the birth cause we never know.... She was like: "Oh well... It's not like I'm going to deliver the baby anyways, as long as I'm there to help you afterwards..."

I was like: GO MOM! I'm so glad that she thinks like that! 

• Ppl are telling me that they think that myself and SIL are going to deliver 3 days apart. Great. She's 3 weeks behind me and that could ether mean she's premature or I'm super late. Thanks ppl. I really wanna go that long overdue. Jerks. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Arghhhhh!!!!

• YES!!!! My parents decided that a Florida Vacation sounded like a great idea two weeks before my due date, so I was instructed NOT to have the baby while they were gone.

DH works overnights Wed-Saturday (getting off on Sunday AM) and he would like LO to come on a Sunday so he will have a week and a half off from work.  Oh, he also does NOT want LO born on his birthday 2/9.

My DD doesn't want the baby born on her birthday party day 2/10, OR on her birthday 2/18.  Other than that, she would like the Baby to come on a Thursday, because "Thursdays are her favorite days because she has computer class on Thursday afternoons."  I don't understand the logic behind my 5yr old's thinking, but OKAY.

My MIL is afraid that we are going to forget to call her and tell her when LO arrives, so she has been dutifully checking in with DH daily for the last week.  At least she calls him and not me... because she calls when she gets off of work at 5am.

My Cousin does not want LO to be born on her due date, or on her c/s date because she said "those are my days and I've staked claim."

Seriously people, I spent 12 hours with good, consistent timed contractions yesterday before they quit.  If I could pull this baby out right now I would!

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I've gotten plenty of that.  It's annoying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh, I am right with you on this one. 

I've only had a handful of requests for specific dates, but what really gets to me is that everyone else seems more anxious/impatient than I am, and I'm the one who's freaking 4 days past my due date!!  I'm lucky that I'm physically still feeling very good, so as long as baby girl arrives before my OB feels the need to induce (as long as mom and baby are doing well, he doesn't even discuss, much less schedule, induction until at least a week past the due date, but I doubt he'll let me go more than 2 weeks past) I am a happy camper.

This is kind of terrible, but I've started ignoring most baby-related digital communications from anyone other than my husband, parents or in-laws.  I think it's the only way I can keep my sanity, I can only explain that most first-time moms deliver later than their due date so many times, and pretty soon my responses will be ruder than just ignoring people.  Apart from this forum, I've turned into an internet and text message hermit. Wink

• imagePuck1182:

This is kind of terrible, but I've started ignoring most baby-related digital communications from anyone other than my husband, parents or in-laws.  I think it's the only way I can keep my sanity, I can only explain that most first-time moms deliver later than their due date so many times, and pretty soon my responses will be ruder than just ignoring people.  Apart from this forum, I've turned into an internet and text message hermit. Wink

Wish I had your fortitude! But with still being on supposed bedrest, I will go absolutely insane.  I am hoping that my OB removes the restrictions, seeing that I am 38 wks now.  I've got to get up off my a$$ and DO something or my husband might just shoot me! Embarrassed I've been a little hard to live with recently, I think...

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"