March 2013 Moms
Options

Weird pain under belly?

I've been having this weird pain tonight starting at my right hip and extending inwards (right under my belly). It's sort of a sharp pain that feels a bit like a pulled muscle. I'm wondering if I just moved the wrong way today, or maybe it's just baby and belly pressing down on my hip? LO has been extremely active today with punches and repositioning, so it's also possible that he's just beating me up from the inside out, but I really don't know.

I have an appointment tomorrow for my weekly NST, but there's a chance the office will be closed tomorrow because of weather.  Has anyone else experienced this weird pain? Is it something I should be worried about, or is it just another random pregnancy symptom?

My plan for right now is to sleep in the maternity support thingie, and assess how I feel in the morning. I guess I'm just mostly worried because I didn't think I had experienced any contractions, until I went for a NST and it popped up on the monitor. I still haven't actually felt any contractions, but apparently I have been having them occasionally.

BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/

Re: Weird pain under belly?

• Options
    I have this pain too. No fun! I just figured its typical. Is it constant or is it on and off? If it is on and off, it could be a contraction.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Options

imagevmihelci:
    I have this pain too. No fun! I just figured its typical. Is it constant or is it on and off? If it is on and off, it could be a contraction.

It is a constant dull pain, with some little stabs. It seems to be worse when I walk around, change positions, or cross my legs. I loosened my pants, and that seemed to help a little.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's how I feel too. I'm not exactly sure what its from and it gets better and worse depending on how I move.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Options
    Yeah ive started having pains like that just past couple of days. The stabbing pains and can't get comfortable, even turning over in bed was hurting. Im 36 1/2 weeks an had my weekly appointment today mentioned it to my doctor she said the stabbing pain is normal just as long as its not accompanied by contractions which she then continued on to talk about. I also found out baby head has dropped down and hes very low. Hope that helps?
  • Options
    Sounds like baby is pressing on your sciatic nerve. That or ligament pain, but since its right hip only I'd bet sciatica. In the past week mine has flared up too. Pretty much same symptoms as OP describes.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I've had that exact thing happen a couple of times. It kind of feels like a really intense runner's cramp or like a charlie horse in my groin. It is usually intense enough to stop me in my tracks a for a few minutes. I asked my dr. about it and she said it is common, that it sounds like round ligament pain.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I doubt it's your sciatic nerve. That pain runs from your hip down the back of your thigh. I would think round ligament pain. I had this pain last night too. I had a lot of RLP in the beginning of my 2nd tri. and it feels the same. The only difference is I use to only experience it if I moved wrong or sneezed. Now it's random and in the middle of the night.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Update: I asked the doctor about it today, and he confirmed that it is just the weight of my stomach pressing down on my hips and lower abdomen. He said it was nothing to worry about.

Sleeping in the maternity support belt last night definitely helped, and it was probably the first good night of sleep that I've had in awhile. I have to remember to keep putting it on before bed. Pregnancy is just sooooo glamorous! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"