February 2013 Moms
Options

No going upstairs?

DH and I moved to a townhouse recently and several people have gotten looks on their faces and said, "Well get comfortable on whatever level you want, because you will NOT be wanting to go up or down those stairs for a while." We have a hideaway bed in the living room downstairs, but the shower and our bedrooms are upstairs. Is there any truth to the idea that I won't want to go up the stairs at least once, maybe twice a day the first little bit?

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

Re: No going upstairs?

• Options
    The only stair restriction I have heard of is if you have a c-section. I had DD and had to use the stairs because our bedroom and bathroom were on the top floor. I had not issues (and was issued no restriction from the dr. after delivery). Honestly, getting around wasn't too hard after birth (even with stitches and everything...).
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I've had no problem with stairs after any of my vaginal deliveries.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    See, this is what I was thinking. Obviously with a c-section it would be more difficult, but when your bed and shower are on a different level than your kitchen and living room, it's kind of hard not to make the trek once or twice a day.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• Options
    I had a vaginal delivery with DD and had no problem with stairs. Our room is upstairs so I'm up and down at least 2-3 times a day
  • Options
    When I had my csection, stairs weren't particularly comfortable, but I could go up and down them if I needed to.
  • Options
    The only problem I had with stairs was from my episiotomy stitches. The stitches hurt but I didn't have any restrictions.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I had a c/s last time and had no issues with stairs, good thing too because our entrence is into our basement so I'd of ended up living in our fitness room and sleeping in the sauna haha!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"