1st Trimester

8 weeks and baby is not in the right spot

I just found out that my baby is really low next to my cervix. My midwife put me on as high risk. I was wondering if anyone else has that problem.

Re: 8 weeks and baby is not in the right spot

• Not me... yet.... but hope everything is okay. T&P your way.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lurking*

I didn't have this issue but my T & P are with you. Hope everything works out OK

• Loading the player...
  • I'm 8 weeks but I don't know where exactly my baby is positioned... How did u find out?
  • There is a high risk pregnancy board. You might have better luck there finding someone in a similar situation.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't have personal experience, but a friend of mine did recently.  It's called placenta previa and the risk is that the position of the placenta over/adjacent to the cervix could cause disruption of the placenta (there may be other issues i don't know about).  Depending on the severity, if it stays there it requires c-section.  However, the placenta moves in relation to the cervix throughout pregnancy and in my friend's case (and in many cases), the issue resolves itself.  I hope it does not pose any complications for you!
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Happened to me -- in my case, and most, the problem resolves itself. If not, you will have a c-section (at least that's what my dr. said). I got a couple extra ultrasounds of the deal.

good luck to you!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had an ultrasound and they saw where it was
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"