April 2013 Moms

++++ FFFFFFC ++++

Confession booth is open.

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.

Re: ++++ FFFFFFC ++++

• I like One Direction and have a crush on Harry.

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • I confess that the timing of FI's DD's visitation is PERFECT. She will be up with us for three weeks total, two weeks before the baby comes (RCS), and the last week she is with us, the RCS is scheduled for a Wednesday, and then she is leaving that Saturday. She will be there to meet her new brother, and if I have to stay in the hospital a whole 4 days, when I get home, I can relax with Little V without having to stress about our two girls together (the Drama is unbelievable sometimes!). And even if I get to go home in less time, it won't be too bad for a day or two. I know there will still be struggles with my DD, but not having both of them there for the first 4 weeks Little V is home, especially with recovering from surgery.... Well, I'm very glad about the timing.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I should have kicked my sick husband out of bed last night. DS2 is in a crib in our room, so DH's coughing kept waking the three of us up, resulting in DS2 finally coming to bed with us. Worst night of sleep in months last night and it could have all be resolved if DH just slept on the couch.
    Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• My husband's last minute ways are driving me crazy.

And when someone tells me to "just relax" I want to punch them in the face.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageheddy79:

I like One Direction and have a crush on Harry.

I reconnected with Justin Timberlake on Pandora last night - love the new song, I don't care what people say. I would leave my husband for him in a second (not really...kinda).

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wish I didn't have to deal with my mother-in-law ever.  Deep down I wish it were possible for her to forget that I'm pregnant so I can just have some peace instead of dealing with her pushing her ways on me and trying to compete with my sweet, wonderful mom every time they are together (who I am extremely close to).  It's really obnoxious, and I'm not in the mood.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I decided yesterday that I should leave work early today. My excuse is the snow storm coming through, but really that probably wouldn't stop me from getting home at my regular time.

Also, I just ate brownies for breakfast.

• imageMrs.Leah.Maria:
    I should have kicked my sick husband out of bed last night. DS2 is in a crib in our room, so DH's coughing kept waking the three of us up, resulting in DS2 finally coming to bed with us. Worst night of sleep in months last night and it could have all be resolved if DH just slept on the couch.

me too! But even worse: my husband was up all night and decided to come to bed at 3:45am and woke me up with putting the TV on and watching something on the iPad.  really?! I was up from 4a-5a...just waiting for my alarm to go off at 5:05.  Not okay!

First confession: the in-laws are visiting tomorrow...and I really hope MIL wants to do a lot of shopping.  The one good thing about them visiting: buying stuff for us :):):)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagercantor:
    imageheddy79:

I reconnected with Justin Timberlake on Pandora last night - love the new song, I don't care what people say. I would leave my husband for him in a second (not really...kinda).

Yum! I love Justin! I saw him in concert a few years ago. Did you see that 98 Degrees is touring with NKOTB?

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Confession:  I have been incredibly strong and plowed through the time that my husband was gone, but I am way more excited than I thought I would be for him to come back tonight.

He finally got a job, ( a great one at that, and he will also be able to carpool with someone he knows - bonus!) and he starts Monday.

I can't believe it's been like 3 weeks since I kicked him out? or has it been 4? the time has flown by... But I was really surprised, and incredibly happy, at how much of an effort he made to keep talking to me and seeing our DD at least every other day.

I really hope things will be better for us now...

Sorry that turned into a diary entry. Like I said, I am more excited than I thought I'd be, especially since I was pretty OK with him being gone.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It's 6:13 A.M. in my time zone, and I haven't gone to bed yet.

I'm hosting a party tonight and am being myself (i.e., a freak) by staying up all night just making sure I have everything spotless, but I feel vaguely guilty about it. Only a little tired though...

Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTnArichmond:

Confession:  I have been incredibly strong and plowed through the time that my husband was gone, but I am way more excited than I thought I would be for him to come back tonight.

He finally got a job, ( a great one at that, and he will also be able to carpool with someone he knows - bonus!) and he starts Monday.

I can't believe it's been like 3 weeks since I kicked him out? or has it been 4? the time has flown by... But I was really surprised, and incredibly happy, at how much of an effort he made to keep talking to me and seeing our DD at least every other day.

Sorry that turned into a diary entry. Like I said, I am more excited than I thought I'd be, especially since I was pretty OK with him being gone.

Wow! I am impressed that he was able to get his butt in gear and get a job!  Good for you for sticking to your guns while being a strong mom for your DD. I hope things are much smoother sailing from here on out.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • I don't want to go out and shovel this snow. I know if I go out a few times while it is snowing it will be easier to clear a few inches then waiting until we have a foot and then trying to clear a foot all at once. I know DH won't care if I leave it for him when he gets home at 4:30, but I would feel kind of bad. BUT if I do go out I am seriously hoping one of my neighbours with a snowblower will be a darling and offer to do my driveway too. Or at least the end after the plows come. Is it wrong to wait until I hear the snowblowers before attempting to get 2 girls into snowsuits and out side? 

Also  on a totally different note. I HATE my front load washer with a passion!! I don't know why I let DH talk me into getting it when I am the one who does all the laundry in the first place. Stupid, I hope it breaks.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageheddy79:
    imagercantor:
    imageheddy79:

Yum! I love Justin! I saw him in concert a few years ago. Did you see that 98 Degrees is touring with NKOTB?

Yes! And Boys II Men whom I also love. I might even be able to get my husband to go with me because he loves them too.

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageTnArichmond:

Confession:  I have been incredibly strong and plowed through the time that my husband was gone, but I am way more excited than I thought I would be for him to come back tonight.

This is awesome!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagejennery:
    I am definitely leaving work early today after a bunch of BS happened this week. I'm way too pissed off to deal with anyone appropriately today and should not have even come in, but had to be here this morning.

I envy you. I am so over work after this week and want to go home. Have a great time off once you get out!

IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • imageTnArichmond:

Nothing flame-worthy about THIS post.  I'm thrilled for you -  hope it is the "new beginning" you guys need.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageTnArichmond:

I am really happy for you - I hope the worst is all behind you now and that you two can start working on your future together :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageLibbyLouHoo:

I sometimes hope for bedrest just so I won't have to come to work anymore. I know it would actually suck if I was really on bedrest, but in my mind, it would be better than sitting here for the next 9 weeks. Embarrassed

I know how you feel. I am so done with work already. It's even worse since after spending all that time in the hospital this week, I'm thinking I may push my maternity leave back one week. Boooo.

But then, I try and picture how it would actually be if I were on bed rest (especially with two little ones to care for), and I thank goodness I'm up on my feet. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sometimes I'm surprised by people's siggy pics on the bump - their kids clearly are cute... but in the pics they have chosen, the kids are not so cute looking.  Or the lighting is horrible.  And I think, this is your favorite or the best kid pic you've got?  Flammable!
    The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • imageheddy79:

Me too, and my 13 yr old DD is a hardcore "directioner". But sadly, this delicious chest does not belong to him.  It doesn't matter though, I swoon when he sings solos. Embarrassed

Harry's real chest.  I guess this leads to a confession.  I like tattoos and think that they can be really attractive, but they have the absolute opposite effect when they are poorly done. If you find this pic online and look at it up close, these are worse than prison tats.  You'd think he could've gotten a professional to do his ink!?  Ah well...still love Harry and he's still just cute as a button with an amazing voice!

• I often have to choose between eating and sleeping and I choose sleeping 9 time out of 10.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH and I are high school sweethearts, so our parents live in the same city. actually, within about 4 miles of each other. My SIL has been living with my in-laws so we haven't been able to stay there in about a year. Well she recently moved out so now DH wants to start staying there again instead of at my parent's. I know its super selfish but I don't wanna stay with his parents again! I always wake up first bc of the dogs so there's that morning awkwardness that I hate bc I'm not a morning person. I've known them for 7 years but I still like my morning quiet time. Bleh.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • imageTnArichmond:

That. Is. Awesome. I'm so happy for you guys - hopefully this will help turn things around and make you stronger as a couple. Best wishes!!

Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageLanaLewis:
    DH and I are high school sweethearts, so our parents live in the same city. actually, within about 4 miles of each other. My SIL has been living with my in-laws so we haven't been able to stay there in about a year. Well she recently moved out so now DH wants to start staying there again instead of at my parent's. I know its super selfish but I don't wanna stay with his parents again! I always wake up first bc of the dogs so there's that morning awkwardness that I hate bc I'm not a morning person. I've known them for 7 years but I still like my morning quiet time. Bleh.

I'm confused.

And I want to know more.

By "stay with" do you mean "live with"?  Why don't you live with your spouse in your own place?  Do you have plans to transition to your own home?

• imageTrish&Pete07:

Also  on a totally different note. I HATE my front load washer with a passion!! I don't know why I let DH talk me into getting it when I am the one who does all the laundry in the first place. Stupid, I hope it breaks.  

Me too!  I realized that top loaders use more water and all, but there are so many things that would be easier to wash (not to mention unload) with a top loader.

Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm on "vacation" for a week with both my parents, my MIL and FIL, my husband, and my brother and his new fiance. I can't wait to go home! I'm so tired of being around everyone, especially all of the women since none of them wanted to snowboard with the boys. I swear to god that if the mothers try to give me one more piece of unwanted advice, I may just let my hormonal rage rain down on them.

It isn't helping that I'm 32 weeks along and not sleeping well. Just because I don't want to go walk around shops or go out and do much of anything for that matter doesn't mean I want someone to stay in the cabin and keep me company! I'd much prefer to relax on my own and wallow in my pregosaurus cloud.
    D14 June Siggy Challenge - Favorite TV/Movie Dad: Gomez Addams

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageTrishPete07:
    I don't want to go out and shovel this snow. I know if I go out a few times while it is snowing it will be easier to clear a few inches then waiting until we have a foot and then trying to clear a foot all at once. I know DH won't care if I leave it for him when he gets home at 4:30, but I would feel kind of bad. BUT if I do go out I am seriously hoping one of my neighbours with a snowblower will be a darling and offer to do my driveway too. Or at least the end after the plows come. Is it wrong to wait until I hear the snowblowers before attempting to get 2 girls into snowsuits and out side?nbsp;Also nbsp;on a totally different note. I HATE my front load washer with a passion!! I don't know why I let DH talk me into getting it when I am the one who does all the laundry in the first place. Stupid, I hope it breaks. nbsp;

I have never used our snowblower before. DH is out of town until late tonight, so I have to do our driveway. I'm debating if I should just shovel instead. If our SUV wasn't at the airport, I'd just take that and drive over the snow pile at the end. I'm not sure our minivan will make it.

I love our front loader. I find it so much easier than bending over a top loader, and it fits so much more.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I got irrationally irritated with DH last night.  We've both been tired, stressed, and generally burned out on life lately with being busy at work, the kid not sleeping, and toddler temper tantrums.  I thought it would be nice if we could have an afternoon together to do something sans Captain Temper Tantrum, so I got a babysitter.  I was all sorts of excited about it, thinking it would be a nice break.  DH had exactly zero enthusiasm about the prospect of spending an afternoon together and when I asked why he was still so cranky, he responded, "why not?"  In a moment of great maturity, I went to bed without talking to him. 
  • I stayed home from work today to clean the house. I rolled outta bed at 9, ate cocoa pebbles and brownies for breakfast and I've been on the couch ever since.

• I wore yoga pants to work. Might make it a regular occurrence.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm totally feeling you guys on the bed rest thing. I know it's not something I actually want, but I'm so over being at work. And I have an awesome job, with an awesome boss, I really shouldn't be complaining about being here. I'd still much rather be at home sleeping or getting things ready for our little man.

• imageLibbyLouHoo:

I sometimes hope for bedrest just so I won't have to come to work anymore. I know it would actually suck if I was really on bedrest, but in my mind, it would be better than sitting here for the next 9 weeks. Embarrassed

I can't speak for other women on bed rest, but for me the hardest part is wondering "am I going to go into PTL today?" or "can I keep them in for another week?".  I know the grass is always greener on the other side, but I'd give anything to be allowed out of the house if it meant my pregnancy was "safe".   

ETA:  Edited for grammar.  

imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageTnArichmond:

This deserves its own post so we can all be happy with you! 

My confession: I'm mad that it's a snow day today. DD1 was sick all day and night yesterday, so she would have been home today anyways. I think it's her first snow day ever, and I'm bummed she's missing out on the fun parts of it. :(

• I have been a complete b!tch to my MIL and I don't care.  She's pretty clueless about stuff in general, doesn't listen to people, and lacks social skills.  I usually handle it well and let her tactless-ness slide.  But these days, I'm too tired, cranky, in too much pain, and too worried about other things (like carrying these babies another week) to deal with her stupid comments.  Thankfully, DH understands my frustrations and has started dealing with her more (don't ask me why she calls me all the time instead of her own son).

imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Two for me today:

1) Love love love DH, but frustrated at the moment. Last year we had to pay about $1,500 in taxes because his exemption was set too low. The tax guy told him to change it, and he did, but he switched jobs shortly thereafter. He used the wrong tax exemption number again all year, so now we have to pay a bunch in again. Ugh. I was really hoping for a little refund this year (or at least coming out even).

2) I have a meeting for school tomorrow that is three hours away, and I could probably get out of going, but I actually want to go so that I can go to Ikea! We are getting our nursery dresser and bookcase there. Just very happy DH is driving and not me!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Wow I didn't realize how weird that must have sounded!! DH and I live in Ohio (we have our own house) but we go back to visit our parents and friends about twice a month, so this was just about who we stay with for the weekend.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • imageNicoleSB80:
    I stayed home from work today to clean the house. I rolled outta bed at 9, ate cocoa pebbles and brownies for breakfast and I've been on the couch ever since.

Best breakfast ever

IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"