January 2013 Moms

C section pain

I'm about 3 and a half weeks PP and after feeling pretty good for the last week in having a lot of pain around my incision. It feels puffy above and on each side of the outside incision. It was closed with dermabond but almost all of that has come off and I can see the end of the stitch sticking out of one side of the incision. Super gross and gives me the heebie geebies. I'm not running a fever and the area isn't warm to the touch so I'm wondering if this is normal this far out? It's like a tugging pain when I move around even if I take 800 mg ibuprofen.

ETA I mean puffiness on each end of the incision kind of near my ovaries maybe, and the tugging feels like its coming from the inside incision, not the outside.

Jacob, 1/14/13

Re: C section pain

• I'm right around same pp and have some pulling pain. Doctor said it was normal. I also have numbness. The incision is tender sometimes which is really random. Not sure if any of that helps but I am def having some odd pains of and on. If you're concerned call your OB 
  • imageGoldsgirl9:
    I'm right around same pp and have some pulling pain. Doctor said it was normal. I also have numbness. The incision is tender sometimes which is really random. Not sure if any of that helps but I am def having some odd pains of and on. If you're concerned call your OBnbsp;

I'm not numb anymore which is why I think I'm feeling the pulling pain. Thank god I was numb before because its miserable to feel it. The thing that concerns me is the puffy feeling and being tender to the touch. I feel like its getting more swollen but it might be my imagination. I saw my OB 2 weeks after being released and he said everything looked good but it didn't feel this way then.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Doesn't sound abnormal to me, although I have no idea what my incision looks or feels like because I can't look at or touch it.  I couldn't last time either.  It just gives me the heebie jeebies as you already put it ;)  MH looks at it every couple of days to make sure it looks like it's healing okay.  Other than that I try to pretend it's not there (as if I can forget :/  ).  I wouldn't worry unless you're suddenly in a considerable amount of pain or it starts exhibiting signs of infection or something.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imagesbevmc09:
    Doesn't sound abnormal to me, although I have no idea what my incision looks or feels like because I can't look at or touch it.nbsp; I couldn't last time either.nbsp; It just gives me the heebie jeebies as you already put it ;nbsp; MH looks at it every couple of days to make sure it looks like it's healing okay.nbsp; Other than that I try to pretend it's not there as if I can forget :/nbsp; .nbsp; I wouldn't worry unless you're suddenly in a considerable amount of pain or it starts exhibiting signs of infection or something.

I couldn't look at mine for a while either. SO says it looks okay but a little more puffy than normal, but he thought it was from my waist band hitting me right above it. It's not extreme pain just discomfort and irritation that I thought was over with. If just hate to be ignoring something that will affect my fertility later but I'm probably over reacting.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • I'm 4.5 weeks pp and in the last 2 days I've had more discomfort around my incisions. It's not even something I would describe as "painful" just uncomfortable. I'm thinking its probably normal, but I don't remember it from last time. I'm also not exhibiting any signs of infection.
  • Ohh, I wonder if it has anything to do with scar tissue forming?  Last time they told me to use a bath pouf/washcloth and rub over the incision while it healed to reduce scar tissue and stimulate the nerves to regenerate.  No one mentioned it to me this time though.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • That sounds exactly like mine was at 3 weeks. My doctor actually told me I could trim the little bit of the stiches that was coming out because it kept getting caught when I'm pull my pants down and that hurt like a mofo. 

If you're worried you should definitely talk to your doctor, but it sounds fine.  

Anniversary

• I'm having the same pains - inside the incision. Hurts like crazy, especially if I'm standing for extended periods of time. It feels weird that it's still so numb. I'm about 4 weeks pp, I figured it would have gone away, at least partially, by now.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • I would call your OB. It's probably totally normal, but I called my doctor's office b/c I was worried about my steri-strips coming off early and they noticed some redness that they thought I needed antibiotics for so I say...better safe than sorry.

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • I am also 3 and a half weeks pp, last week my incision opened. I went to the doctor and they had to drain it. The doctor said some redness, some swelling, and some warm to the touch is normal, but fevers or opening are reasons to go into the doctor. I've also heard from many people at the numbness could last for decades...
  • That sounds normal to me..i'm 4 weeks and 2 days out. Mine ws only puffy for the first couple of weeks, but looks a lot better now. I had the dermaglue too and have a stich sticking out on one end. I will see if my dr. can clip it at my PP appt. on tuesday. I stopped taking pain meds after maybe a week after the surgery, but i feel pretty good, i only get some very mild pain when I walk too much or occasionally some "inside" pain if I try and do too much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i have been having the same thing...im about 3.5 wks pp and i have been getting that kinda "inside tugging" pain too...esp when i go from laying/sitting to standing or anything...i think im gonna call the dr Monday just to play it safe...i know i didnt have this with my first c/s (almost 2 yrs ago) but good to know its not just me :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • It's normal. It takes a long time to heal internally, and most feel twinges, pains, numbness, soreness for months sometimes years to come. If you start doubling over in pain, definitely call your OB.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"