March 2012 Moms

Bday Party Food?

If you're having a lunch-ish bday party for your LO...what's on the menu?

Also...beer? or no...

TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

Re: Bday Party Food?

• We are doing:

-baked mac and cheese

-pigs in a blanket

-fruit salad

-crockpot baked beans

Beer....since we are doing her party then sap boiling after (we make maple syrup), there will be beer then. But will be byob. During her party, no. DH's parents don't drink and that would make them very uncomfortable. But it wouldn't be a big deal to offer it to me.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Our party is 11-3.  I'm making chicken enchiladas, rice, beans and salad.  We'll also have chips, salsa and guacamole.  Soda and beer to drink.  Cake and ice cream for dessert (and cookies if I'm feeling especially ambitious.. we'll see!)
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Loading the player...
  • We are doing a very light lunch. Mostly appetizers like crackers and cheese. I don't want to make anything DS can't also have. We are only having a few friends over so it's not a big production.

No beer. We don't drink much.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are having a birthday happy hour, so beer for sure and wine : food will be cupcakes, lollipops matching our decor, some fruit/veggie tray and maybe a dip and some light sandwiches. My mom also offered to make monkey shaped cookies to go with our decorations.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• we'll have some light appetizers and tacos, quesadillas, rice, beans - we'll make the apps and hire a taco man to do the rest.  I don't want to get too stressed out trying to make the food in addition to everything else. 

We won't have beer, but many of the kids parties we go to usually do offer beer (and other types of liquor).

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Party is at 3:30 and we'll be doing dinner. We are bbqing tri tip, making some sort of pasta side, steamed green beans, garlic bread or rolls. There will be beer and wine. We're having less than 20 people, family only.

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • We are having a lot of people, so we are getting 2 6 foot subs from Walmart. They are only like $28 each which is super cheap than delis, and they are good! we use them for parties and get togethers. we specify premium meat and its the same price. then we'll make some side dishes - ziti, baked mac and cheese, etc. its a free for all haha. im not sure about the beer yet!
  • imagespacecowgirl385:
    We are having a lot of people, so we are getting 2 6 foot subs from Walmart. They are only like $28 each which is super cheap than delis, and they are good! we use them for parties and get togethers. we specify premium meat and its the same price.

I didn't know Walmart did these!  We had their fried chicken for my oldest's 1st bday, it is good and much less than KFC!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"