April 2013 Moms

Can I be eating too much fruit?

All of a sudden I am craving fruit...mostly strawberries & bananas...omg I cannot get enough. Is there such a thing as too much of a healthy snack? I originally purchased the strawberries to make chocolate covered ones with the kids. At this rate there will only be chocolate left which I don't like:( I am sure the kids won't mind though.

Re: Can I be eating too much fruit?

• I've never heard of someone becoming overweight on strawberries and bananas so I say enjoy!  As long as you are getting enough protein and veggies I'd say carry on.

And can I borrow your aversion to chocolate?  OMG my thighs would be so much happier if that were the case.  

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm craving fruit too. I have been eating a container of strawberries per day for the past few weeks. Today, I ate 6 kiwis in about 5 hours flat. I hope there isn't such a thing as too much of a healthy snack or I'm in trouble!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekeado:

I've never heard of someone becoming overweight on strawberries and bananas so I say enjoy!  As long as you are getting enough protein and veggies I'd say carry on.

And can I borrow your aversion to chocolate?  OMG my thighs would be so much happier if that were the case.  

lol. This! I think you'll be fine. I know Weight Watchers allows a pretty generous portion of fruit for zero points so you don't have to worry about sugar/weight. I read online the bananas will help with leg cramps at night and I'm sure the added fruit will help with constipation. I see fruit as an overall win. Enjoy!

• Of all the cravings to have, this is a pretty good one (and better than the m&ms I'm currently snacking on)!

Those are both high sugar fruits, but I wouldn't worry too much.  I do find that I crave fruit when I'm a little dehydrated - maybe try drinking a glass of water before & after a reasonable fruit snack to see if you are satisfied with that before digging in for more?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't see anything wrong with those as long as you don't have to worry about your blood sugar like I do!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
  • no, there is no such thing as too much
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • If you become constipated I'd back off on banana's a bit. . .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I've literally eaten an absurd amount of fruit his pregnancy and have had no issues!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Baby Boy has me craving the wackiest things...not as in weird just from day to day. Last week I was on a salad & soup kick (Olive Garden or red Lobster). In first two trimesters it was MEAT and lots of it and veggies too. (Squash especially) Now it seems to be fruit. To be honest I usually eat pretty crappy and skip meals when not pregnant. Not worried about the weight yet. I started at 113-115lbs and am up to 128.2 at last dr appt (29 weeks). Midwife told me I should gain up to 45-50lbs which seems a little much for me but I am not going to stress over it. Oh....pickles too...I hate them when not preggo but man they are delicious now. It's sooo funny to me how pregnancy can affect your taste and choices. With both my daughters I never had a craving. I have always been one to avoid sweets and sodas because I don't like them at all really except for those random moments when you just have to put something in your stomach and that's what's there. Thanks for listening to my rant....all of them seem to be about food lately. Hope you all have a wonderful day. In NY here we are expecting a blizzard...should be a blast. (NOT)
  • imagekeado:

I've never heard of someone becoming overweight on strawberries and bananas so I say enjoy!  As long as you are getting enough protein and veggies I'd say carry on.

Thank you! I need this aversion as well. I wish I was craving fruit instead of chocolate cake:)
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"