November 2012 Moms

EP moms, how much do you have in the fridge?

I typically have enough in the fridge for today and half of tomorrow when I leave for work in the morning. Do you have more? Less? Should I be freezing some instead of keeping it all in the fridge? I wonder because I have about two days worth in the freezer. Granted, we don't have a large freezer and it has actual food in it.

Re: EP moms, how much do you have in the fridge?

• I too have about a day and a half to 2 days worth. It's all I need to keep for now. If I need to stock pile I would freeze, but for now I have a steady supply and it is rotated and used regularly throughout the day. Plus, I am not going any where but to work and home. I think it's really up to you right? Do you need to start saving more?

• I no longer EP (I BF at night now), but I keep a rotating stash in the fridge.  I depends what time of day it is how much is physically in there.  Typically, each day:

-5 5-oz bottles go to school with S

-12 oz. remains in the fridge

-I pump between 25-40oz at work and bring everything home.

When I get home, leftover from daycare gets marked "use first", any new bottles get filled from the 12 oz. that remained in the fridge that morning plus what I pumped, 12 oz. remains in the fridge, and any excess gets frozen.  It's complicated to explain, but I just use that same FIFO method they use in restaurants.  I can usually freeze on Thursday and Friday.

On weekends, I EBF and pump after each feeding to keep my pumping supply up.  Anything I pump on the weekends gets frozen.  I think it's really important to have a freezer supply for emergencies.  Two weeks ago, I got really sick and super dehydrated, and my supply tanked for like 5 days.  The freezer stash saved my behind.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I mostly pump and I have the Medela storage system which is essentially six of the 5 ounce bottles in the fridge at all times so about 30oz my LO eats between 20/24oz a day so a little over a day, so when I pump and all six bottles are full in the fridge I freeze the excess to have a good stash for later. I end up freezing about 8-10oz a day
  • imageJenner37:
    I mostly pump and I have the Medela storage system which is essentially six of the 5 ounce bottles in the fridge at all times so about 30oz my LO eats between 20/24oz a day so a little over a day, so when I pump and all six bottles are full in the fridge I freeze the excess to have a good stash for later. I end up freezing about 8-10oz a day

I love that system!  What did you do with the tiny bottles that came with it?  I froze them for emergencies, so if I get stuck at work, FI can give him something to hold him over until I get home.

• imageMandJS:
    imageironmom5:

I am in awe. 

Chef Victor makes magic oatmeal.  It's my only guess.

• I don't EP, but I do work full time, so I always leave 4 4 oz bottles at home w/ DH. I generally go home and nurse on my lunch break. DS will usually drink 2-4 bottles (usually just 2, but he's going through a growth spurt or something and has been drinking 3 or 4 this week). I pump at work and in the morning. I use what is left from the day before and what I pump for the next day and freeze the rest. I have about 200 oz. frozen. I'd like to keep about 150 oz in my freezer at any given time and I plan to donate the rest.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageironmom5:
    imageMandJS:
    imageironmom5:

I am in awe. 

Chef Victor makes magic oatmeal.  It's my only guess.

I want some of this oatmeal! I'm excited if I pump 16 oz at work.

• Maybe I need to start freezing more and just leaving a day's worth in the fridge. I do have some work travel coming up,hence the starting to freeze some, but right now am hoping I can just bring baby along on the trip.

I'm blown away by those of you who have such awesome supply. I'm lucky if I can get 6-12 oz more than she uses in a day.

• I have no stash. I really am pumping today for milk for tomorrow. It stinks and I hate it. I just dont know how to get ahead. It is paycheck to paycheck in this milk bank :(

I take 3 4oz bottles to DC each morning.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Have any of you tried the lactation cookies? I was going to make some this weekend and am looking at two recipes (food.com and the dr. momma one). One uses peanut butter though and that might increase eczema, so I'm thinking of staying away from that, cause DD is suffering from that.
  • I figure the same thing, cookies can't be all that bad as long as they are cookies. I'm thinking chocolate and white chocolate chips. Do you have a link to the one you used?
  • imageironmom5:

imageJenner37:
    I mostly pump and I have the Medela storage system which is essentially six of the 5 ounce bottles in the fridge at all times so about 30oz my LO eats between 20/24oz a day so a little over a day, so when I pump and all six bottles are full in the fridge I freeze the excess to have a good stash for later. I end up freezing about 8-10oz a day

I love that system!  What did you do with the tiny bottles that came with it?  I froze them for emergencies, so if I get stuck at work, FI can give him something to hold him over until I get home.

that is exactly what I do...I always have them frozen just for an extra ounce or two and then if they get used I try to refreeze them that same day!  

• Those first ones are the recipe I have printed out, they weren't too watery? I vaguely remember people complaining about that in the reviews The second ones look good!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"