Pregnant after 35

Holy schnikes! : )

I just felt P?pite kick me (not new). I felt it from the outside, this time-- my hand was resting on my belly and whammo! A kick or turn or whatever so strong that it actually lifted my hand (and my belly) an entire inch.

It was CRAZY! Just wicked cool.

I called MH into the room to have him feel it, but of course P?pite did not cooperate much. The next couple kicks were small so he's not sure he felt them...
*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: Holy schnikes! : )

• Isn't that the best?  So far my LO is kicking me too and every time DH comes to feel it stops!  LOL!!  

Last night I was reading on the couch with my book resting on my belly and the baby was bumping my book.  It was so funny and when I told DH to look it stopped!!  Thwarted by the fetus!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• It's like the baby knows! LOL
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Loading the player...
  • yay!  I'm looking forward to when me and DH can feel baby from the outside!
    ~~~TTC #1 since Dec 2011, BFP 5/3 CP 5/6~~~
    ~~~BFP 10/9/12, EDD 6/17/13~~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That is very cool!  It was only last week that my DH was able to feel a couple kicks on the outside. 
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • The fun's just starting! Wait until Pepite starts rolling around non-stop. :)  I thought that was pretty trippy.

In the beginning, I could feel our baby girl kick but every time DH put his hand on my belly, she would stop. It really was like she knew the difference...ha ha.  But when he finally felt it, he let out a big "whoa!" and I think she reacted to that and kicked harder.  For awhile there, he would put his hand on my belly and even without feeling anything would yell "whoa!" to try and get her to react.  And sure enough, she would give a big kick.  Fun times!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Enjoy it now while you can! Further along LO becomes so much stronger and the bouncing off the bladder isn't the greatest either. Loving it when it feels as though she's squeezing some sort of internal organ!! NOT!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH doesn't like to feel the kicks but he does like to see them.  Just wait until your bump morphs into different shapes as your kid moves around.  It is super uncomfortable but so cool to watch.  The other amazing thing is when you can put your hand on your bump and know if you are feeling a knee or a foot.

You have so many amazing things to experience yet.  Keep enjoying them!

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's so cool!  I'm glad you are enjoying it.  They never seem to cooperate when you call DH over to check it out though, do they?  lol.  He will get a chance to feel it eventually.  I kind of enjoy it but sometimes I find it more annoying, especially if I'm trying to go to sleep.  Yep, that's me the unhappy pregnant lady speaking again.  ;)  Lately, it occasionally makes my whole belly shake, and I keep wondering if people can see it moving in meetings when I'm at work LOL.  
    Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • imagetechnigirl:
    That's so cool!  I'm glad you are enjoying it.  They never seem to cooperate when you call DH over to check it out though, do they?  lol.  He will get a chance to feel it eventually.  I kind of enjoy it but sometimes I find it more annoying, especially if I'm trying to go to sleep.  Yep, that's me the unhappy pregnant lady speaking again.  ;)  Lately, it occasionally makes my whole belly shake, and I keep wondering if people can see it moving in meetings when I'm at work LOL.  

For me they can.  There have been times when I realized that no one was listening to me talk because they were staring at my moving bump.  One girl called others into the room and said you gotta see this.  Then she asked me to do it again.  Yep, I am the office circus freak.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagetechnigirl:
    That's so cool!  I'm glad you are enjoying it.  They never seem to cooperate when you call DH over to check it out though, do they?  lol.  He will get a chance to feel it eventually.  I kind of enjoy it but sometimes I find it more annoying, especially if I'm trying to go to sleep.  Yep, that's me the unhappy pregnant lady speaking again.  ;)  Lately, it occasionally makes my whole belly shake, and I keep wondering if people can see it moving in meetings when I'm at work LOL.  

Is it wrong that this image is making me laugh? I have been getting some big kicks lately too, but don't work in an office with other people, so others don't see it.

Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • My hubby never felt my first one kick.  Everytime the boy was moving around, I'd tell my husband to put his hand on my belly at the boy promptly stopped moving.  It crossed the line from annoying to comical, it was so bad.

With this one, my husband did actaully feel him kicking around last week.  He thought it was very cool.

Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagedanuli8:

imagetechnigirl:

Is it wrong that this image is making me laugh? I have been getting some big kicks lately too, but don't work in an office with other people, so others don't see it.

LOL...no!  I totally think it's funny too.  :) 

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"