June 2013 Moms

Icy Hot? Other cold remedies?

This cold is ridiculous. I've tried Tylenol Cold, cough drops, fluids and rest.

Any other suggestions?

Also, what's the deal on using Icy Hot on your feet? Didn't someone recommend that?

EDIT: 

I meant Vicks, not Icy Hot...See how bad this d@mn cold is? No wonder I couldn't find anything on google.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here comes Baby Rob #3
 BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

Re: Icy Hot? Other cold remedies?

• Icy Hot contains an aspirin derivative so it's a no go during pregnancy. Vick's or anything with menthol will work if you out it on your feet and cover with socks.

The cold I have now is quite literally punching me in the face so it's Sudafed and Benadryl all the way.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSouthSideDrea:
    I've heard Vicks on your feet :) I don't do a lot of meds so I try a neti pot, hot showers, tea with lemona nd honey and cayenne for my throat. And lots of rest. Feel better soon.

Ugh, I meant Vicks, not Icy Hot. The darn tub is sitting next to me. I'm going back to bed before I accidentally OD.

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• Loading the player...
  • imageSouthSideDrea:
    I've heard Vicks on your feet :) I don't do a lot of meds so I try a neti pot, hot showers, tea with lemona nd honey and cayenne for my throat. And lots of rest. Feel better soon.
    Ditto this. Vicks on the bottoms of your feet totally works.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageSouthSideDrea:
    I've heard Vicks on your feet : I don't do a lot of meds so I try a neti pot, hot showers, tea with lemona nd honey and cayenne for my throat. And lots of rest. Feel better soon.

The hot tea is totally helping break things up, too.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I second the neti pot idea. Other then that I have nothing that you haven't done. I hope you feel better soon!
  • I actually wanted to use biofreeze one time for my back but I went to the website to check the safety of the product for pregnant women. What they said also applies to Vicks Vapor rub. Biofreeze states that they will not test their product on pregnant women but they caution the use of menthol while pregnant. Honestly I think that anything that doesn't have a diffinitive safe for pregnancy seal of approval I would try to avoid at all cost. You can also google about Menthol safety during pregnancy.
  • Netti Pot works wonders.  I used to make fun of my DH for doing it.  Then when preg with DD I got sooooo sick that I gave in and bought one.  It worked wonders.  You are supposed to do it while you are healthy too as preventative medicine, but I just do it when I am sick.  Its the only thing that helped me recently through a cold.  Only thing I did to get rid of mine was netti pot, cough drops, tea and soup.  No meds!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am right where you are right now -- it blows. DH won't even sleep in our bed right now because my coughing is out of control. I am taking Children's Robitussin Cough (I know, it sounds ridiculous) but it is really helping and doesn't have extra crap that I don't need. I just need this cough tamed. Also, I do the Vicks on the bottoms of my feet with socks. It helps, too. 
  • chicken noodle soup with cayenne pepper. tea/hot lemonade with honey in it. those two things besides rest really did wonders for me and I got over a cold in less than a week
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"