May 2013 Moms

***~~~Late May (25-31) and early June Check In~~~***

I didn't see a post for late may girls, srhouse26 will be doing this.

CRLSMC2011 did a great job, so we are using her text. As discussed last week here is the check in for the Late May group. This is for EDD of May 25th-31st and some June.

A couple of housekeeping things (this week only):

(1) Do we want to have a group nick name (rather than Late May")? All suggestions are welcome.

(2) Is there a volunteer for someone to be srhouse26 back up? i.e. if she doesn't get this up by noon eastern time on Tuesday, someone else can post it?

WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

(1) What updates do you have? (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up this week, any concerns or symptoms?)

(2) Thoughts/prayer requests (baby related or not, for you or someone else)

(3) Something good/funny that happened last week

(4) Something frustrating that happened last week

(5) Now that we're getting closer to the 3rd trimester, what was the best/worst thing about the 2nd trimester? (changing question each week--so definitely let me know if you have any suggestions)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                        Anniversary
                        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                       BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                  It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                           * July '15 January siggy challenge.*

Re: ***~~~Late May (25-31) and early June Check In~~~***

• A couple of housekeeping things (this week only):

(1) Do we want to have a group nick name (rather than Late May")? All suggestions are welcome.

I can't really think of any...spring bloomers...may flowers? Lol I don't know.  

(2) Is there a volunteer for someone to be srhouse26 back up? i.e. if she doesn't get this up by noon eastern time on Tuesday, someone else can post it? 

WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

(1) What updates do you have? (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up this week, any concerns or symptoms?) Heartburn is horrible, I have a doctors appointment on Thursday..I'm taking my glucose test. 

Thankfully no, but I am thinking about all the women who are going through something in their pregnancy. 

(3) Something good/funny that happened last week: Finished my registry, passed v day, and husband had a interview for a new job.

(4) Something frustrating that happened last week: Certain small things.

(5) Now that we're getting closer to the 3rd trimester, what was the best/worst thing about the 2nd trimester? (changing question each week--so definitely let me know if you have any suggestions) Heartburn is the worst. Best thing is getting closer to may (:

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
  • (1) Do we want to have a group nick name (rather than Late May")? All suggestions are welcome. I'm not too good with names lol

(2) Is there a volunteer for someone to be srhouse26 back up? i.e. if she doesn't get this up by noon eastern time on Tuesday, someone else can post it? Wouldn't that be you Cgiles since you did it today???

WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

(1) What updates do you have? (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up this week, any concerns or symptoms?) I'm feeling pretty good except for the heartburn specially at bedtime. So it's getting harder for me to fall asleep. Also my belly is so huge I feel like is goign to explode lol.

(2) Thoughts/prayer requests (baby related or not, for you or someone else) None at the moment.

(3) Something good/funny that happened last week I finally made a list of names for DH to pick out since is his turn. I can't wait to give it to him!

(4) Something frustrating that happened last week just the heartburn. I guess I need to get some Tums or another alternative (I hate the chalky exture of Tums)

(5) Now that we're getting closer to the 3rd trimester, what was the best/worst thing about the 2nd trimester? (changing question each week--so definitely let me know if you have any suggestions) Best would be the fact that all my nausea went away, I have felt pretty good altogether plus I feel my LO more and more. The worst has been the heartburn.

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedominickana:

Wouldn't that be you Cgiles since you did it today???

Yeah. But I need a back up for me, Tuesdays I'm not always around a computer. 

Anniversary
  • WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

(1) What updates do you have? (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up this week, any concerns or symptoms?)

- Today, H and I are going for our hospital tour. I just wanted to see the joint. Although, we'll see it after our birthing class in April, I was anxious to do something.

- I have my 1 hour glucose test next week; It's not until 3:30, so I'm a bit concerned with eating that day. I might just have a huge breakfast and then not eat again until dinner.

(5) Now that we're getting closer to the 3rd trimester, what was the best/worst thing about the 2nd trimester? (changing question each week--so definitely let me know if you have any suggestions)

- I THINK I'm beginning to feel the baby. I have an AP, so I haven't been feeling much, but the last few days, I've been feeling slight 'waves' every so often, so I'm thinking it might be him! 

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• (1) Do we want to have a group nick name (rather than Late May")? All suggestions are welcome.

Late bloomers? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageKzhowell:

Late bloomers? 

Lol, I actually like that. 

Anniversary
  • imageKzhowell:

Late bloomers? 

I like this too!

• (1) What updates do you have? (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up this week, any concerns or symptoms?)

I have my glucose test next week and a little nervous but I can choose any day and time I want to go in so that is nice. 

Not this week.

(3) Something good/funny that happened last week:

I think I finally finished registering and we started working on the nursery!

(4) Something frustrating that happened last week:

Nothing that I can think of. 

Best thing would definately be starting to feel the baby move and having my ultrasound.  I've had a good pregnancy so far so nothing is on the worst side for me.

• (1) Do we want to have a group nick name (rather than Late May")? All suggestions are welcome.

The Old News Bears.  Because every time we hit a milestone it's old news to the rest of the board. 

(2) Is there a volunteer for someone to be srhouse26 back up? i.e. if she doesn't get this up by noon eastern time on Tuesday, someone else can post it?

You mean a backup to the backup?  Because aren't you the backup?  I think between the 2 of you it's fine.   

WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

Feeling really good.  Just worked out and am trying to eat healthy to make up for the mass quantities of junk I ate on Sunday.  No appt til next week. 

None.  And personally I'm not a fan of the overkill of T&P requests outside of the May posters. 

Had a great Superbowl party at our house. 

One of my dogs has a fecal parasite and we have to give him oral liquid meds now.  Not fun on a stubborn dog. 

(5) Now that we're getting closer to the 3rd trimester, what was the best/worst thing about the 2nd trimester? 

Best was getting great a/s results and finding out it's a boy.  Worst is the big lull now in anything going on and I feel like time is dragging.   

•  Stupid mobile delete half of my post...anyway.....

WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

Glucose test on the 21st. Having the normal aches and pains. I have been really lucky lo is quiet the kicker. I have felt her regularly since 19 weeks.

prayer for my best friend her, place was robbed last night. Everything will be replaced, except for her sense of security. 

(3) Something good/funny that happened last week.

All the nursery furniture has been ordered, a gift from my awesome parents. 

(4) Something frustrating that happened last wweek

My one year old golden retriever-jack Russell mix has decided to start eating all my house plants.

The constipation! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Sorry I was a little late to the punch today! Thanks for filling in :) It's not normal for me to be this late to TB on tuesdays!! lol

WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

(1) What updates do you have? (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up this week, any concerns or symptoms?) Feeling frustrated this week and wishing I could enjoy sex just one freaking time this whole pregnancy. lol

(2) Thoughts/prayer requests (baby related or not, for you or someone else) Positive thoughts for DH that he gets the position at work he's going for.

(3) Something good/funny that happened last week- Something in our refrigerator wasn't working and causing a back-up. The entire bottom shelf of the freezer was a sheet of ice. I blamed DSD thinking he knocked over the ice cube trays and didn't want to say anything... oops!

(4) Something frustrating that happened last week- Our crib delivery was over an hour and a half late and I'd take off work to accept the delivery... grr. Oh well, over it :P

(5) Now that we're getting closer to the 3rd trimester, what was the best/worst thing about the 2nd trimester? (changing question each week--so definitely let me know if you have any suggestions) I'd say the best thing was getting my energy back! Not falling asleep on the sofa by 7pm every night was great. Worse thing was acquiring this terrible hip pain while I sleep, but I don't see that going away in the third tri!

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'll go through this post again at the end of the day to check on new names for the check-in (instead of Late May...). So far it looks like the following were mentioned:

Late Bloomers

MayBe's

Old News Bears

Let me know if I forgot yours, these are all creative! And true! lol Keep em coming, or vote for one of these. I'll post the results on here at the end of the day so you know what to keep an eye out for next week.

Thanks everyone! 

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

I have my monthly OB appointment this Thursday.  I have to ask about the changes in my CF.  It has become super watery and abundant, but not enough to soak my undies. I figure I will ask about it to put my mind at ease.

None.  

We got LO's dresser/changing table and our crib bedding finally came! Our nursery is really coming along :) DH also sent me for a prenatal massage today because my hips and neck have been killing me, I feel so much better now!

My crib bedding STILL hadn't arrived LOL. It was custom made and the woman quoted me late Dec/early January!

(5) Now that we're getting closer to the 3rd trimester, what was the best/worst thing about the 2nd trimester? 

The best was finding out it's a healthy little boy (and deciding on a name!) The worst has been the new aches/pains and stomach discomfort after eating.

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  •  Hello other late-May mommies!

WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

(1) What updates do you have? (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up this week, any concerns or symptoms?)  So far, 2nd tri has been great.  I have an appointment with the midwife tomorrow and am looking forward to hearing little one's heartbeat.

(2) Thoughts/prayer requests (baby related or not, for you or someone else)  My husband's cousin got pregnant after a miscarriage and having trouble conceiving...I'm hoping for a smooth pregnancy for them.  She's in 2nd tri now, so that's great

(3) Something good/funny that happened last week  We got our crib and changing table and ordered our glider.  Now to clear out the room that will be the nursery...

(4) Something frustrating that happened last week  I had FABULOUS pasta (pear and cheese ravioli) at a restaurant, restrained myself so I could take some home, and my husband ate my leftovers (without asking).  It may take me a while to get over that one :)

(5) Now that we're getting closer to the 3rd trimester, what was the best/worst thing about the 2nd trimester? (changing question each week--so definitely let me know if you have any suggestions)  Best:  I feel almost normal again and am starting to feel her move (still not consistently, though).  Worst: HEARTBURN, ugh.

• (1)  Heartburn is still hanging around and my hips are so painful at night. I use an exercise ball at work to sit on.

(3) I had a dream, I received an email from my DH's four babies mommas (this is his first marriage and child).  So I have no clue where this came from, in the emails all the baby's mommas wanted to tell me their children's names and that my DH was the father. Very strange....

(5) I am getting bigger by the day, its getting tougher to shave legs, paint toenails, put on shoes, etc.

My due date is May 30 

• WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

I don't have anything exciting going on this week.  

For my Grandma, she recently fell and can't live on her own anymore. :( 

DD had her second gymnastics class, it was so funny/awesome watching her. 

DD was all healed from RSV and started coughing again. So frustrating.

Best Thing: Felt baby kick and move a lot more

Worst Thing: Not sleeping 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageruth*ann:

I liked the Late bloomers! Cute!

WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

Second tri has been pretty good to me! Love being able to feel movement and no m/s. I have to do my 1hr GD test in the next two weeks, I passed one about 10 weeks so I think I'll be fine.

(2) Thoughts/prayer requests (baby related or not, for you or someone else)  

My twin sister is having some problems with her eyes and we are all praying Doctors find out what is wrong so she can keep her vision and see her baby girl grow up. It would be great to include her in your prayers.

We got our CRIB in the mail!! Yay! Can't wait to put the finishing touches on our nursery so we can put it all together!

I just had a really busy, crappy week last week. Everyday I had meetings after school, parents no-showing to conferences, etc. UGH!

Best: I love feeling baby girl move! Also no m/s. Worst: Increased sensitivity to motion sickness and carpal tunnel keeping me up at night. .

Me: 32
    DH: 35
    DD #1: 6/1/2013
    EDD #2: 6/7/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

I have an appt on Monday but nothing special is happening until my 28th week u/s.

A friend of mine just had her baby last night and got sent to Omaha for an MRI, possible blood clot :(

I got the high score on my A&P test and got invited to join the honor society. Not sure if Ill be able to keep it up after baby comes.

DH told me we aren't buying anything for baby until after the baby shower which isn't scheduled until April 20th.

The heartburn!! Ive never had heartburn before and man does it suck!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. I passed my GD test! So glad I don't have to take the 3 hour because I wouldn't want to drink the glucola again! Ick!

3. Being more in touch with DH.

4. My great grandma passed away.  It is frustrating not being able to help or be there for my grandma.

5. Best-feeling like myself again, finding out it's a girl, and deciding on her name.

Worst-heartburn!

• imageordinary1:
    1. I passed my GD test! So glad I don't have to take the 3 hour because I wouldn't want to drink the glucola again! Ick!

Congrats on passing the glucose tolerance test! Mine is coming up and I'm not looking forward to it.

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • I love this!  DD was a late August baby and in the beginning, there was a huge developmental difference between her and the early August babies. 

WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

Feeling great!  Baby is kicking, rolling and wiggling up a storm!

I have a little poodle that likes to lay on my belly while I watch TV (after DD1 goes to bed).  Last night, baby sister/inside baby kicked her so hard she jumped up and ran away from me!  lol

Heartburn!

Best: finding out we're having another girl!

Worst: that awkward sort of showing/looking fat stage I'm finally growing out of!

Mom to two beautiful girls and forever labor buddy to the fab lady MandaPanda518!
  • (1) What updates do you have? (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up this week, any concerns or symptoms?)

Feeling good.  Felt my first outside kicks last night.  I have an appt on Tuesday.  Its my bi-weekly and my GTT.  Also, thursday is V-Day for me and im super excited about it.

nope

First kicks

had a few really irritating days.

I miss being comfortable, lol

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

May moms: fashionably late

I don't know, I stink at this kind of stuff 

WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

This morning I'm pretty sure I passed a kidney stone! It was awful. It's the 4th one in 2 years, so I know the feeling by now. OB had me come in to make sure baby was doing alright and her heartrate sounded great and she kicked the doctor while he was using the doppler :)

I did notice some weird red spots on my boobs this week, they're not raised or itchy, they just are light red spots/tiny blotches. Forgot to ask doctor about them today.

My poor DD has been sick since Thursday with the flu (she had her shot) and bronchitis. She's had some really high fevers and she is coughing so hard it's making her throw up. 

DD felt the baby move :) She now wants to hug and talk to her all the time, so sweet.

Just my whole week at work, I really hate my job :(

Well I'm sort of bummed I never experienced that lift of exhaustion in 2nd tri that everyone's talking about. I'm tired all the time! In 3rd tri I'm hoping that this plus sized momma will actually start looking more pregnant. I'm in maternity clothes, but strangers can't really tell yet.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1) No updates...so far, so good! :) I have the whole month of Feb with no scheduled dr appointments...I am so excited! 

2) no thought requests

3) LO is kicking a lot more...I feel her all the time, and she makes DH giggle. Which makes me giggle, which makes it hard to feel the kicks.

4) I am having difficulty putting my socks on without sitting down...I think it was a pretty good week, frustration-wise...

5) Best...feeling movement, not being sick, and knowing VD is so close. Worst...probably hormone-amped anxiety. I think I am doing a lot better with that, though! 

4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  •  A couple of housekeeping things (this week only):

Maybe the Late Bloomers?  Since we're welcoming late May flowers :)

(2) Is there a volunteer for someone to be srhouse26 back up? i.e. if she doesn't get this up by noon eastern time on Tuesday, someone else can post it?

I would but I'm usual on mobile only! 

WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

Just found out I have a form of tendonitis today that may not go away until I have the little guy :( Very painful and I have to wear a splint that only lets me wiggle my fingers but not my thumb at all.

Not that I can think of!  Keeping all the May momma's with PTL in my thoughts/prayers though!

My honey finally came home from Georgia.   He had to go move his aunt, and was gone for 5 days.  I did get a surprise bracelet out of it! He left a bracelet that matched the earrings/necklace he got me for Christmas in the pocket of my robe to cheer me up because he knew I'd be sad :) 

Someone ate the donuts that I had brought into work for my breakfast.  There was only two in a bag that was sealed up on the table....seriously why would you eat something that you didn't put there?!?  Especially when the only thing the pregnant lady has talked about it is donuts.  I sent out a nice-ish email about replacing them and no one fessed up.  I just wanted my donuts that I've waited this whole pregnancy for!!!!  I haven't been able to stomach sweets and can finally do so.....then they were gone!

Best thing....seeing our little Jackson on the ultrasound at our anatomy scan.  Worst thing....the on-going morning sickness that I still fight with, especially if I have to wake up even 15 minutes earlier than normal.

• imageHimandMeplus3:

Maybe the Late Bloomers?  Since we're welcoming late May flowers :)

And..... I just saw the other suggestions of the same exact thing!  lol  That's what I get for not posting this morning when I originally opened the post :)

• WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

No big concerns here. I have raised inhibin a which puts me at a greater risk for iugr but my MFM puts more emphasis on it than my ob. My ob doesn't seemed worried. Next scan at 32 weeks. 

We recently lost DH's uncle unexpectantly. What makes it worse is that this family is trying to piece their lives back together (and their homes) after the hurricane. I just have no words.  

When you live with a three year old, there's always something funny going on! 

(4) Something frustrating that happened last wweeks?

I try not to sweat the small stuff. 

(5) Now that we're getting closer to the 3rd trimester, what was the best/worst thing about the 2nd trimester? The best thing is the energy I have back and feeling movement. The worst thing? I feel so good that I attempt things that I shouldn't and wind up pulling something in my back etc. 

IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

Nothing big. Having a bit of a backache/hip ache, chiro is helping a bit. 

None... Just that eveything continues to go well. 

Picked a paint color for the nursery. Getting excited!!!

(4) Something frustrating that happened last wweeks?

Work has been busier and more stressful lately. 

I love feeling "normal". My belly, back and hip are starting to be a bit painful. 

Housekeeping: my vote is for late bloomers or MayBe.  

•  A couple of housekeeping things (this week only):

Worth the Wait or May's bookin', still cookin'

WEEKLY QUESTIONS:

(1) We have a DR. Appointment of Friday.  Just our standard follow-up, but looking forward to hearing our little girl's hearbeat!

(2) Just thinking of all the other May momma's a praying for a healthy 3rd tri.

(3) My birthday is next Tuesday and my DH decided to give me a present everyday leading up to it.  I am not going to complain about that idea!! Monday was snacks for work (peanut butter pretzels and gummy bears!) but yesterday he surprised me with a snoogle!!!!! 

(4) Just small work stuff.

(5) The best thing was finding out that we're having a girl!  Feeling her move has been pretty cool, as well.  I think the worst is just the little aches and pains that come with pregnancy and growing larger!

• I'm way late to the party but made it! I love the May-be idea! 

(1) What updates do you have? (how are you feeling, any appointments coming up this week, any concerns or symptoms?) Feeling crummy with flu-like symptoms. Sciatica and migraines are my biggest battles these days. 

(2) Thoughts/prayer requests (baby related or not, for you or someone else) Please pray for my SIL. She had a c/p. The EDD for this recent baby was the same EDD of her little girl that she lost last Easter at 20 weeks. This has been such a crappy nightmare :(

(3) Something good/funny that happened last week: Something good - DH and I tried out his new fire pit I bought him for Christmas. We sat out in front of it with blankets under the stars. It was beautiful! 

(4) Something frustrating that happened last week: TONS of things are going wrong with our rental. I want to get out of this hellhole and am wondering if our landlords are breeching our contract enough for us to leave. Our first angel's EDD was last Thursday. I did not take it well. And an old lady hit me and drove off free an clear. The law really screwed up with that one and I can't do a damn thing about it. 

(5) Now that we're getting closer to the 3rd trimester, what was the best/worst thing about the 2nd trimester? I think feeling big is the hardest. Luckily I get a tiny bit of energy back as well as better health but it's getting hard to do day-to-day things and I know it's only going to get harder. Still, baby is a 100% blessing so I will take any discomfort to have this little love in my arms!! 

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"