3rd Trimester

Everything's set. NOW what....??!?!?!?

So I'm going crazy. I just want him to BE here already and I know I'll probably go overdue since I'm a FTM but jeeez the nursery is set, food is in the freezer, bags are packed and in the car, just everything is done and I don't know what to do with myself!!! It's SUCH a waiting game and I'm just wondering what ya'll are doing to pass the time if you're at this stage yet.

I do read, watch movies and have a kids games website that I work on but nothing really seems to fit the bill. I can't nest anymore or we'll go broke lol. I need a project or something but idk what to do!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com

Re: Everything's set. NOW what....??!?!?!?

• Wow! I WISH I had your predicament! lol I have sooooo much to do!

Do you scrapbook? Maybe you can start on some general pages for LO if you do?

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Are you up to date on your thank you cards?  Can you start a fun craft project? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You can always come by and do my laundry. haha.
  • I know right! I'm not quite there but I definitely feel the itch coming! The thing that keeps me sane (and drives me crazy at the same time) is that we are moving on 2/28! My last day of work b4 maternity leave is 3/1 and I am due 3/12. We can't setup the nursery until after we move. Plus I'm not quite sure of the new space until after we view the apartment next week. Until then I cant say for sure how I'm going to set things up, etc. So that gives me plenty of distraction. I have no suggestions for you though. Poor thing! Good luck!
  • Time to learn how to knit.
  • When I got towards the end with DS#1, I went for a long walk each day, either outside if it was nice, or around the mall if not. I figure it helped kill time and hopefully get some action going. I was induced on my due date for BP, but start to finish was 5hrs. Maybe all that mall-walking helped haha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hmmmm keep freaking out? You'll probably drive yourself into early labor at this point lol.

But seriously, I try to enjoy the quiet time that I still have when I get antsy about the baby finally being here. I enjoy sleeping in on the weekends, I enjoy heading to the grocery store without having to get someone else ready too...I just try and enjoy the ease of things that will soon become more difficult. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejreavey:
    Time to learn how to knit.

HA!  You're making a joke but that's exactly what I did when I couldn't possibly do anything more to prepare and I went a week overdue.

OP, if you haven't already - join Pinterest.  There are thousands of cheap-o DIY projects you can immerse yourself in while you wait.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejreavey:
    Time to learn how to knit.

I second this! I have many weeks left and am about to go crazy, so I'm crocheting blankets for this LO and my girls. It makes me feel like the next 7 weeks isn't long enough instead of being way too long.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• I'm in the same boat. This "hurry up and wait" game reallllllly sucks!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageguilletskichuk:

Wow! I WISH I had your predicament! lol I have sooooo much to do!

This. I'd love to have that "everything's set" feeling. Eesh! :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Maybe start a crafty project for LO. Last time I made a diaper wreath announcing lo's name. This time ordered a small sign and hat to announce. Something like that though?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks ladies. Yeah I actually have made two scrapbooks already, painted a mirror, picture frame, made a canvas to go above the crib, etc..

I love when people say to just enjoy sleeping in and not having to get your kids ready etc because I would if I knew what that was even like, ya know? lol. I do wish I had a job or something to keep me busy but I know it'll just come before I know it. I just have to create more and more projects I guess! 

Pinterest here we come!  

Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com
  • imageRunaway22:
    imageguilletskichuk:

Wow! I WISH I had your predicament! lol I have sooooo much to do!

This. I'd love to have that "everything's set" feeling. Eesh! :) 

This. I'm trying not to freak out... Not being very successful at that!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Yeah, it's that "nothing really seems to fit the bill" part where I get stuck too - I do have things I could do, like read a new book or take a long nap, or even fix an elaborate dinner. But every single idea I come up with gives me a groaning feeling - with the exception of going into labor. So, the problem isn't that there's nothing I want to do, but instead that there is only ONE thing I want to do.

With that in mind, maybe "jump-starting labor" can be your project?

You could google old-wives tales to see if there's anything you feel comfortable trying: long walks, using your breastpump (not really an OWT, so ask your doctor first), eating pineapple, etc.

Around here, there are a couple of restaurants with meals that supposedly make you go into labor - I mean, it's total anecdotal junk, but planning a dinner out for Friday night can't hurt. Also - and this is more anecdotal junk, but it can't hurt - my sister's boss swears that eating an entire Bloomin' Onion from Outback Steakhouse put her into labor with all four of her kids, so you could try that just for fun. (If nothing else, eating that whole thing would be a challenge, and the stomach ache afterwards would take your mind off the lack of contractions!) Last but not least, my sister herself claims that eating every bit of chocolate in her house made her go into labor, which would be a delicious way to get distracted.

You could try one labor-starting activity every night after work, or you could try one every few hours if you're not working? When I'm not working, I plan to come up with a daily schedule of OWTs and natural induction techniques to distract myself. That way I'll be focused more on the "next step" in my plan, and less worried about the fact that nothing is working and this baby will never come out gaaaaaah.

Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Come to my house
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"