February 2013 Moms

Birth Announcement!

Finally, after a few days home I'm finding some time to post our good news!

Macyn Marie was born on January 30th at 7:32 pm (2 days before her due date).  She was 8lbs 15oz and 21 inches long!

My labor was intense before pain meds... I woke up around 4am with bad contractions and finally started timing them around 5:30... they were only 3 minutes apart!  We decided to head to the hospital and by then my contractions were 2 minutes apart, I was 100% effaced but only 1 cm dilated. They wouldn't give me any pain meds/epi until I was further dilated and talked about sending me home - I looked right at the on call doc and told her I wasn't going home if I felt like that!  Luckily the next time they checked I was 3cm and got admitted.

Contractions were by far the absolute worst thing in the world.... I got my epidural and was able to rest a lot of the day, and each time they checked I had progressed further.  Finally around 5pm I was 9 1/2 cm... they left me to rest for about 2 hours and the doctor said we should try pushing (with my epi I couldn't feel a whole lot) and 40 minutes later our little girl was born!  Honestly, my experience was pretty great, aside from the unmedicated contractions.  Pushing was hard, but not super painful because my epi had been topped off a bit before.  I was able to feel pressure and discomfort during pushing but definitely not pain!

We're adjusting well to being home and I can't believe she's here :)  SO happy!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Birth Announcement!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"