August 2012 Moms

Poll bc I'm bored

What book could you read over and over again?

What movie have you seen so many times you know all the words?

What's your least favorite food?

What do you miss most about your like prekids?

What about being a mom makes up for it?
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: Poll bc I'm bored

• What book could you read over and over again?

A Far Cry From Kensington by Muriel Spark

Tadpole

Mushrooms

Sex whenever I wanted and going to a coffee shop with a book and sitting for hours.

Walking in my son's line of sight and seeing his face light up.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• imageBaker_Bride:
    What book could you read over and over again? "The Little Friend" by Donna Tartt. This is a hard question-reading is my passion.

What movie have you seen so many times you know all the words? Any Chevy Chase or Peewee Herman movie.

What's your least favorite food? Fish. I loathe it.

What do you miss most about your like prekids? Spending snowy days like today reading all day under a blanket. Being able to just up and go-on a walk, a vacation, to the store. We were going to go to Chicago this weekend to see one of our favorite musicians, but I'm just not ready to leave her overnight. Before, we would have just hopped in the car or train without a second thought, and drank/ate/slept the weekend away at a swank hotel downtown.

What about being a mom makes up for it? All of it. Just looking at her little face and knowing how she loves me more than anything.

Good questions!

• Loading the player...

The Corrections

The Big Lebowski

Mayonaise. Ew.

Going out for dinner, movies, or drinks without planning ahead.

The sweet baby smiles and giggles, getting to watch her grow, and taking care of her. It more than makes up for it.
    Any of the Harry Potters

Any of the Harry Potters- I know, I'm a little kid.

pickles, sauerkraut

Flexibility and freedom

Their love

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Any Jodi Picoult book. Also Kite Runner

Top Gun

mushrooms

sex and shopping

everything! Especially the belly laughs :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What book could you read over and over again? Lord of the Flies.

What movie have you seen so many times you know all the words? Lion King.

What's your least favorite food? Peas.

What do you miss most about your life prekids? Spontaneity.

What about being a mom makes up for it? A lot. I can't pinpoint one certain thing.
  • What book could you read over and over again? No idea because I can't remember the last time I was able to sit down and read a book.  Sad.....

What movie have you seen so many times you know all the words? Wedding Crashers...I never get sick of that movie!

What's your least favorite food? Cheese.  Shocking since I'm from Wisconsin.  Apparently we were all supposed to be born as cheese addicts here and it's frowned upon if you break the norm.

What do you miss most about your like prekids? Being able to go out to dinner, go shopping, or meet a friend whenever I feel like it.  Now I feel like my life has to be so planned out.

What about being a mom makes up for it?  The sleepy smiles when you first go into DD's room when she wakes from a nap or for the morning.  Also...since I work FT, the big grin I get when I pick her up from daycare everyday.
    734609_517665664943929_192232217_n Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Book: Anne of the Island by L. M. Montgomery. It's my favorite of the Anne of Green Gables series. I have three copies of it because the first two are falling apart.

Movie: Top Gun, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and The Princess Bride

Least Favorite Food: Eggs. Eggs ruin everything.

Miss about life prekids: Sleeping past 6am and not having to deal with poop.

What makes up for it: The smile I get every time he looks at me. Even when he's really upset, he'll still smile at me. He has the ability to laugh and cry at the same time, which he gets from me, and any bad day is instantly made better when I look into those eyes so like my own and see that smile so like his daddy's and hear that little chuckle.

The Help, Tuesdays with Morrie, Hunger Games

My Father the Hero, Grease, Ever After

Beets.... YUCK

Drinking all night then sleeping all day the next day.

When I walk into his room in the morning the biggest grin he gets on his face. And the belly laughs!

• What book could you read over and over again?  Rifles For Watie. It's a Civil War book that I read as a kid and it's still one of my favorites. I've read it at least a dozen times.

What movie have you seen so many times you know all the words? There are several in this category for me, but if I had to pick one, I'd say Remember the Titans.

What's your least favorite food? Bananas

What do you miss most about your like prekids? Being able to go wherever, whenever.

What about being a mom makes up for it? How wherever we go, DS gets the biggest smiles out of people.
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageBaker_Bride:
    What book could you read over and over again? I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb. It's like 600+ pages, but it's an awesome read. You're never bored.

What movie have you seen so many times you know all the words? Titanic, Pretty Woman, Wedding Crashers, Liar Liar, Where The Heart Is.

What's your least favorite food? Peas. You couldn't make me eat one for a million dollars. I don't even feed them to DS...I leave them for nights when SO feeds him.

What do you miss most about your life prekids? Being able to have alone time. I feel so disconnected from myself, like I don't have time to worry about myself. Most days, I don't eat until 2pm, my toenails haven't been painted in a month or so, and I just want to be able to roam around Target for more than ten minutes without being on my toes, worrying about when he's going to start fussing.

What about being a mom makes up for it? Everything, especially morning smiles. It's all worth it in the end.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

All the House of Night books :

Ferngully

Brussel sprouts

Going in BN, with a Starbucks and reading a while series without a care

Seeing them discovery the fun of books, their cuddles and laughter
  • imagebigbootyjudi:

imageBaker_Bride:
    What book could you read over and over again? I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb. It's like 600+ pages, but it's an awesome read. You're never bored.

What movie have you seen so many times you know all the words? Titanic, Pretty Woman, Wedding Crashers, Liar Liar, Where The Heart Is.

What's your least favorite food? Peas. You couldn't make me eat one for a million dollars. I don't even feed them to DS...I leave them for nights when SO feeds him.

What do you miss most about your life prekids? Being able to have alone time. I feel so disconnected from myself, like I don't have time to worry about myself. Most days, I don't eat until 2pm, my toenails haven't been painted in a month or so, and I just want to be able to roam around Target for more than ten minutes without being on my toes, worrying about when he's going to start fussing.

What about being a mom makes up for it? Everything, especially morning smiles. It's all worth it in the end.

"I Know This Much Is True" is one of my favorites. Read "She's Come Undone", also by Wally Lamb, if you haven't already. 

• imageBaker_Bride:
    What book could you read over and over again? Pride and Prejudice.

What movie have you seen so many times you know all the words? Toy Story 3 and Tangled.

What's your least favorite food? Egg salad.

What do you miss most about your like prekids? Hanging out with friends.

What about being a mom makes up for it? All the baby hugs and smiles.

I teach middle and high school, so middle grades and YA literature are my favorite.  I read a lot of the series over again - Harry Potter, the Princess Diaries, the Mortal Instruments, Percy Jackson, etc.  Harry Potter is my favorite and I re-read those every summer.  I read Jane Eyre and P&P every year, too.

High Fidelity

Any seafood.  Yuck.

My old job teaching in Florida.  I opened my school, so it was my baby for three years.  I also coached cheerleading, and not only do I miss my girls, I just miss coaching.  I am hoping that in a year or so an opportunity will arise because I find coaching cheer to be very personally fulfilling.

What I'm doing right now, which is hanging around the house watching Charlotte in her jumper.  She is kind of jumping, but mostly chewing on her stuffed owl and talking to it.  She's in her own world and it's too cute.  (Also the fact that she will be a cheerleader some day and I can coach her team!  Ha.)

• imageMrs. Rohde:
    What book could you read over and over again?

Any of the Harry PottersWhat movie have you seen so many times you know all the words?

Any of the Harry Potters I know, I'm a little kid.What's your least favorite food?

pickles, sauerkraut What do you miss most about your like prekids? Flexibility and freedomWhat about being a mom makes up for it?

Their love

Did you steal my answers? I love HP!
    Photobucket
  • What book could you read over and over again? Pride and Prejudice

What movie have you seen so many times you know all the words? Clue, Finding Nemo

What's your least favorite food? Brussels sprouts, avacado, milk

What do you miss most about your like prekids? Sleep, glorious sleep; staying after school to make sure I had everything ready for the next day; have extra money

What about being a mom makes up for it? When DS smiles at me and giggles

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"