February 2013 Moms

FB statuses and mucus plugs

Would you be weirded out if your DH/SO posted a FB status in excitement about you losing your mucus plug? For those who don't have FB, would an announcement to friends and familyeven acquaintancesabout your mucus plug and how "that means it's any day now" be weird to you?

I just don't know if I would laugh at his excitement or kill him for relaying such personal information. Now that I think about it, DH saw my plug come out in the hospital and I think I would choke him out if he posted about it. It was quite disgusting.

Yes, the FB status happened IRL. Heaven help the person who doesn't know what a plug is and decides to google it. So, is it weird? How would you handle it?
DD: 6/30/09. Mild pre-e DS: 9/5/10. Normal pregnancy Diagnosed 6/4/12 with dermatomyositis. Currently on Prednisone and IVIG therapy. 9/11/12: Normal a/s for DS2. No side effects from my medication, yay! DS2: 1/28/13. Thankful for healthy children! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: FB statuses and mucus plugs

• I would NEVER post something like that. There are some that you just shouldn't share and mucus plugs is one of them!!! I mean it's different on a site like this, but on FB??! I couldn't imagine....

Wow!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Maybe he thought it was funny, as a little boy would..."mucus plug, hee hee hee!" If this was the case, I would just tell him that I didn't really think it was funny and forbid any further status updates about my body unless he has permission!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • It's a tad weird, possibly a bit tmi, but if the DH insists on posting about it on Facebook then I guess it couldn't hurt anything. I mean, no body expects birth to be squeaky clean or pretty haha. He's just excited. So I'd say let him go for it ;p

~~** I Love My Boys <3**~~

• Uh, yes!!! I was a little weirded out just telling DH that it happened! But it was kind of funny so I did tell him. Funny gross. I lost it in my weekly urine sample at the ob office. But had dh and dd with me at the appointment so I couldn't apologize to the nurse, lol!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Id probably be really grossed out if DH posted that or if anyone I knew on FB posted that.
  • Lurking. I've had a couple people on my facebook that have put WAY too much info about labor and delivery on their walls. The ones I'm thinking of did talk about mucus plugs/bloody show and it's gross. I would not be ok with that info on Facebook and I'm not a very private person. 
  • Ha Ha I would kill him!!! It's one thing to say "her water broke - baby's on the way!" and a COMPLETELY OTHER one to talk about her losing a mucus plug, it's gross and TMI lol! Heaven help him hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I would kill him!  I would also let him know that losing your MP doesn't necessarily mean "any day now".  Says someone who lost hers almost a week ago and is still pregnant...
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • In a word... Yes. Absolutely. 100% weirded out.

IDK how I'd handle it. I'd probably ask him to take it down. Sheeeeesh. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah.. that's too much info. I have no desire for anyone to know about my mucous plug, how dilated my cervix is or any other bodily functions. Especially on the internet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • imagebethparr1979:
    I would kill him!nbsp; I would also let him know that losing your MP doesn't necessarily mean "any day now".nbsp; Says someone who lost hers almost a week ago and is still pregnant...

Funny you say that. When I read it, I initially thought false information and then I realized that the guy just posted about his wife's mucus plug and I immediately got grossed out.
    DD: 6/30/09. Mild pre-e DS: 9/5/10. Normal pregnancy Diagnosed 6/4/12 with dermatomyositis. Currently on Prednisone and IVIG therapy. 9/11/12: Normal a/s for DS2. No side effects from my medication, yay! DS2: 1/28/13. Thankful for healthy children! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imagetdmd09:
    Yeah.. that's too much info. I have no desire for anyone to know about my mucous plug, how dilated my cervix is or any other bodily functions. Especially on the internet.

Ditto.  One of DH's friends tagged me in a post saying he was going to bed I'd go into labor during halftime of the Super Bowl, at which point I was like "Let's not discuss when my uterus will do what, and also I'm probably not notifying anyone but my husband when I go into labor."  Then, some FREAKING STRANGER (to me at least) makes a crack about having an announcer do a play-by-play of the birth, including a reference to how dilated I was.  At which point I told said stranger that he was gross and if people don't stop talking about my cervix I'm deactivating my account. (Actually considering do that anyway, at least until after LO is born.)

Granted, I'm really protective of my privacy with this because DH's parents spent the past 7 years putting an incredibly inappropriate amount of pressure on us to have kids before we were ready (well, any pressure is inappropriate, but the way they completely disregarded what we wanted and what was best for us made me feel like all they saw when they looked at me was a grandbaby incubator, and quite frankly that hurt my feelings - at one point I was in hysterical tears, convinced that they'd hate me forever and tell DH to divorce me if it turned out I wasn't able to have kids), so now that it's finally happening I'm admittedly a bit over-sensitive about it, and  just kind of want everyone to butt the hell out if they didn't help to make the baby or will be helping to deliver the baby.  Stick out tongue

Doesn't help that I am an extreme introvert - I'm great at pretending to be social, but it takes soooo much out of me, even online, so I really don't like the attention in general, even when people aren't talking about my cervix on Facebook... I'm getting worried that pretty soon I'm going to lose control of the verbal filter and say something that may be honest and true, but also unnecessarily mean. Sad

• ew, I would never post about losing my MP! I doubt H would either, and I wouldn't be too pleased if he did.
  • DH hates when people share their private matters on FB as do I. We both feel they would just be seeking attention. That being said, posting about a mucous plug on FB is like posting bout your period in my opinion. Super gross and very weird. The world does not want to know what's leaking out of your wife's vag!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    photo D0EE104210C440E48E28B53BA940865Bashx_zpsff62f0b1.gif photo A24F501B345347968B2BC922AD7C0613ashx_zpsf08f7401.gif
  • I wouldn't even post that in the secret fb group we have with 30 of our closest friends and family.  I would make DH delete it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my gosh! That is so wrong!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• While I definitely wouldn't recommend posting about it, and I wouldn't do it myself, I personally wouldn't really care I think.  I don't have just random acquaintances on FB, and I don't think any of my family/friends on there would care in a negative way.  Yeah, I'd say it fully depends on how you use Facebook, and who your friends on there are.
  • imageMyzticsunshine:
    It's a tad weird, possibly a bit tmi, but if the DH insists on posting about it on Facebook then I guess it couldn't hurt anything. I mean, no body expects birth to be squeaky clean or pretty haha. He's just excited. So I'd say let him go for it ;p

I'd let him. I would not post it as my status but I would let him. I think it's sweet he is so excited!!!
  • I would want to punch him in the throat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageamparker1984:
    imageMyzticsunshine:
    It's a tad weird, possibly a bit tmi, but if the DH insists on posting about it on Facebook then I guess it couldn't hurt anything. I mean, no body expects birth to be squeaky clean or pretty haha. He's just excited. So I'd say let him go for it ;p
    I'd let him. I would not post it as my status but I would let him. I think it's sweet he is so excited!!!

I can easily see this point of view.  I mean lots of parts of pregnancy are generally fairly gross, but we're having babies, and it's not like there should be any shame involved!

• I would be so mad. We haven't even posted about being pregnant yet, so something that personal would really upset me. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"