February 2013 Moms

My doctor is the best

Yesterday I had been having consistent contractions about 8 minutes apart that had progressed to 6 minutes apart so I went into the hospital thinking this is it. I was already 4.5cm dilated before going in so I was convinced I had progressed atleast a little bit but no such luck. After 3 hours of contractions and monitoring I had only dilated to a comfortable 5 according to the nurse. The nurses on staff were telling me they were going to give me pitocin if I didn't make anymore progress in another hour. I was really against that idea and mentioned to my doctor at previous appointments that as long as LO is doing ok I want to be allowed to labor at my own pace without interventions and I wanted to avoid pitocin if I could.

My doctor was onboard with it and when the nurses called to get the ok my DR told them to wait atleast a few more hours and allow me my space. The nurses were definitely not happy about being told no but I'm so glad my OB stood up for me.

So here I lay being monitored waiting for contractions to get more intense and to finish dilating. Send some labor dust my way ladies.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My doctor is the best

• Sending baby vibes and labor dust your way!!!!!!!!! Hoping your LO decides to make an appearance soon!!!!!!!

Goodluck!!! =)

• Goodluckkk!!!!

~~** I Love My Boys <3**~~

• Loading the player...
  • I think its always great when pt and a Dr can be on the same age.  Heres labor dust to help ya along your way
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • Kudos to your doctor - it's so easy for them to give out pitocin like candy just to turn over beds faster. Good luck and I hope it goes quickly! Looking forward to your birth announcement!
    Married 2/15/09, BFP #1 02/03/12 - EDD 10/13/12, Missed M/C 03/15/12@9w5d (measuring 8w3d) They weren't kidding when they said "Beware the Ides of March" Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP#2 06/13/12 - Emily Samantha born on Feb 9, 2013!
  • Yay for good doctors!  Good luck, mama!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay for DR standing up for what you believe in. Sending tons of luck and labor dust your way! Can't wait to hear your story when baby is born! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good for you! I had pitocin during the delivery of my first DD and it was an awful experience. I'm hoping to avoid it during this delivery as are you. T P's to you!
  • That really is a great OB!  Lucky duck!!

Congrats and I hope things move along a bit quicker for you!  Good luck on the rest of labor!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"