Pregnant after 35

PG>35 Weekly Check-In: Baby Shower Edition

Hi, everyone! Very very late posting this week, but I was just organizing my baby shower photos and posting a selection to Facebook. My shower was Saturday and it was just perfect. We had 14 or 15 people there, including one who drove 250 miles to be there and one who drove 700 (!!) miles to come. It was not a "fussy" shower (a good thing), but fun and relaxed and full of laughter. A friend's beautiful finished basement was just the right size for our gathering. The homemade food was healthy and delicious, the blue punch was awesome, the 3 games we played were fun and tasteful, and in addition to the very generous themed "gift sets" many people assembled from my registry, several handmade gifts blew me away with their awesomeness. I felt very supported and loved and everyone had a great time. I spent the day after the shower on the couch feeling totally exhausted, but I enjoyed it so much. Still feeling that happy afterglow. I might post a picture or two later.

Anyway, before I keel over right here at the computer, let's get this check-in started.  Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Hi Ladies!

Welcome to the Pregnant after 35 Weekly Check-In!

If you would like to be added to the check-in, just reply to this post with (and answer the questions!):

your screen name

first name (optional)

due date

sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?)

**If you?re already on the list, you don?t need to give this info again**

Please let me know if you have any updates and/or edits that need to be made. Also, if I missed any births please let me know so we can celebrate with you!

Congratulations to the January/February Moms! Reb562 gave birth to a baby boy on 1/10/13. He weighed 10lb 1 oz and was 21.5 inches long. JennyP1 gave birth to Luke Thomas on 1/19/13 at 7:26pm. He weighed 8lb 8oz and was 20 3/4" long. Kat1221 gave birth to Elli June at 7:41 am on 1/31/13. She weighed 8 lb 10 oz and was 20? long.

Pregnant Moms by Due Date:

February 2013

SouthernMom70 (Amy) 2/1/2013 ? Team Green

Brooklinld 2/5/2013

eane7311 (Janine) 2/6/2013

buggirl72 (Dana) 2/7/2013

Winofairy (Sherry) 2/9/2013

CountryGirlInTheCity 2/18/2013 (scheduled induction) ? Girl!

Starting all over again (Esther) 2/19/2013 ? Girl!

Solarflare 2/20/2013 ? Twins! (Boy/Girl)

Punter (Lani) 2/20/2013

Pginsa (Charlotte) 2/22/2013

Lanesmommy (Caroline) 2/24/13 ? Girl!

March 2013

Beforesunrise (Ashley) 3/1/2013 ? Boy!

rosesarepink (Rose) 3/4/2013 ? Girl!

uctracy@yahoo.com (Tracy) 3/7/2013

Elocin (Nicole) 3/8/2013 ? Girl!

NNBride05 3/12/2013

Gundy21 (Kristen) 3/13/2013 ? Boy!

KatieKnitsny (Katie) 3/14/2013

KKGgirlATL 3/18/13 (scheduled c/s) Team Green

Cktravel 3/19/2013 ? Green

Wildflower75 (Martha) 3/20/2013 ? Green

Redcatz (Kirsten) 3/25/2013 ? Girl!

Dbadura01 (Deanna) 3/26/2013 ? Girl!

Haribo 3/26/2013

Coquina (Melissa) 3/30/2013

MouserNY (Monica) 3/30/2013 ? Boy!

Indyrowergirl 3/31/2013 ? Boy!

April 2013

Angelnumber8 (Angela) 4/04/2013

Lovelyday39 4/05/2013 ? Boy!

Elizabethnseanny (Elizabeth) 4/05/2013 - Boy!

Mishmax11 (Michelle) 4/7/2013

Danuli8 (Amanda) 4/7/2013 ? Boy!

Carol*Brady (Christine) 4/8/2013

Tcfreedom (Tiffany) 4/15/2013

Lilblt19 4/15/2013 ? Girl!

Hisbabygirl76 (Stephanie) 4/16/2013

Shellbear+ (Michelle) 4/23/2013 ? Girl!

Palamar (Chantel) 4/24/2013

Sheloveslan (Mariah) 4/27/2013

Dresch25 (Vicki) 4/29/2013 ? Team Green

Technigirl (Melissa) 4/29/2013

Ba23Ba02 (Barb) 4/29/2013 ? Team Green

Michele707 (Michele) 4/30/2013

May 2013

Dhreczuck 5/2/2013 ? Boy!

Jennyandjasonsbaby (Jenny) 5/5/2013

Trevinosnm (Martha) 5/7/2013 ? Boy!

TXBride (Ami) 5/12/2013

Mndyhywrd (Mindy) 5/15/2013

MotherMayEye (Amy) 5/15/2013 - Girl!

mlwinkle (Michelle) 5/17/2013

McRib 5/18/2013

Drhibbard (MC) 5/19/2013

Petrastonegirl (Petra) 5/19/2013

MrsNukem 5/20/2013 ? TWINS!!

jteneback 5/21/2013 ? Team Green

riorisa 5/22/2013

Rebaann (Rebecca) 5/23/2013 ? Girl!

Danafromslope 5/30/2013 ? TWINS!!

June 2013

Danieleandwayne (Dani?le) 6/4/2013 ? Team Green

1Lump (Andrea) 6/5/2013 ? Team Green

JilliansMoma 6/6/2013 ? Team Green

Ocho2002 6/13/2013

VisciousKnitter (Sandy) 6/15/2013

Trootie2012 (Trootie) 6/16/2013

AZAmy77 (Amy) 6/17/2013 ? Boy!

July 2013

Beach72 (Kim) 7/2/13

Karen0477 (Karen) 7/3/13

Amypep (Amy) 7/5/2013

Superzuber (Sarah) 7/9/2013

Bethz13 7/15/2013 ? Team Green

ASL71476 (Andrea) 7/17/2013

emikat (Christine) 7/21/2013 ? Boy!

Abeille 7/28/2013

missymr (Mia) 7/29/2013

August 2013

SeaConquest (Monique) 8/1/2013

Lucyspeople (Betsy) 8/8/2013 ? Boy!

Jkzinck (Jessie) 8/10/2013

Goatgirlnyc 8/20/2013

AmyM72 (Amy) 8/22/2013

Cali3674 (Cali) 8/25/2013 ? Team Green

Gscoville (Geneva) 8/29/2013 ? Team Green

September 2013

Juicy71 (Dawn) 9/4/2013

Kakhmama (Amy) 9/7/2013

Atlmommy (Tammy) 9/11/2013

VelvetElegance (Adrienne) 9/22/2013

QOTW: Will you be having a baby shower? If you have already had one (for this pregnancy or a previous one), what would you say is your favorite memory of the shower?

Share your updates and vents:

Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.

Re: PG>35 Weekly Check-In: Baby Shower Edition

• Am I supposed to reply to this message?

My due date is July 31. Don't know the sex. We'll only find out if his or her older sibling wants to know. 

• Am I supposed to reply to this message? I wasn't sure.

My due date is July 31. Don't know the sex. We'll only find out if his or her older sibling wants to know. 

I don't have any vents. When stressful things happen though I handle them less well than I usually do.

______

Alas, the people I know are not shower-throwers. I won't be getting a shower. Also it's a second baby. The problem is that there was such a long interval between babies that we don't have a single baby thing anymore.

• Loading the player...
  • Your shower sounds great I would love to see pics!

QOTW: My shower is at the end of the month. I am not involved in the planning but i know it will be great. I'm very excited to see my friends and family and celebrate my baby girl :

Updates: well since last week I have had horrible sciatic pain on one side and its so painful to walk. Today I had an ob appt and he recommended a chiropractor so I went today and ill get more of an adjustment tomorrow. I really need some relief this is awful. I also took my glucose test today and I'm so nervous I didn't pass, we'll see.
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Hi. Haven't posted in a while but all is going well and on schedule - 3 1/2 weeks to go! We're packing our hospital bags this week and putting the finishing touches on decorating the nursery and will then be ready when LO is.

I will be having my shower this weekend. It will be small by standards on these boards (10 friends) but the perfect size for me. Friends are throwing me a lunch at a restaurant near my home and then will come see the nursery after.

I can't believe it's almost time...or could be any day now!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My shower is on March 2nd and there will prob be around 20 people or so, a nice size I think. I'm looking forward to it- everyone coming are old friends and family, so it will be a fun and comfortable day. I hired a photographer for the day who is going to throw in a 10 pic memory book b/c I also have her booked for LO's newborn shots. :)

Update:
    I am rounding the bend to 32 weeks and starting to get reaaaaaaaaally uncomfortable and grumpy. I feel sorry for DH :) it's only going to get worse- haha!

Last doc appt, OB said she was happy w/my progress and everything looking normal. So, rolling right along!

• QOTW: I did not think that I was going to have a baby shower since I have a delicate family situation.  To my surprise, I have had 2 already and there is one more on Sunday.  My work threw one and DH's work had one.  Sunday my friends are having one in our favorite bar.  Almost every day when I get home from work there are more gifts that have been delivered.  I am shocked at how generous people have been.  I think that my favorite part has been that so many people are celebrating this baby.  It has also given me the opportunity to educate people on IF.

Updates and vents: I updated yesterday about my miracle week last week so my due date can go back to 3/8.  I will definately have her before then but I don't know when.

I was up most of the night with BH contractions.  DH wanted me to go to the hospital because he thought that I was in labor.  Then he went to sleep and I stayed up miserable.  He was kind of a jerk about it and we fought about it this morning.  I am in a really bad mood and I wish that I could just go home and go back to bed.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • QOTW:  I have a work shower scheduled for the week of Feb. 18, and then a regular shower that weekend.  I will be around 27 weeks pregnant, but I figure that I will just get very uncomfortable if I wait too long (plus twins may come early). 

Updates/Vents:  I had a meltdown this weekend when I was on my feet all day doing laundry, grocery shopping, running errands.  I broke down and cried while getting reading for bed and my DH asked me what was wrong (he didn't offer to help with the chores, just helped carry the groceries upstairs).  I have done the grocery shopping and laundry every Sunday for us as long as we've been together.  I told DH that I will start needing help b/c it's just too hard being on my feet all day.

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• imagehoneyforlunch:

Am I supposed to reply to this message? I wasn't sure.

I don't have any vents. When stressful things happen though I handle them less well than I usually do.

______

Alas, the people I know are not shower-throwers. I won't be getting a shower. Also it's a second baby. The problem is that there was such a long interval between babies that we don't have a single baby thing anymore.

Yes, replying to the check-in post is exactly what to do. Welcome to the check-in! Sorry to hear there won't be a shower for you, but Craigslist and baby consignment shops like Once Upon A Child can be lifesavers in such cases.

• imageShellBear+:
    Your shower sounds great I would love to see pics! QOTW: My shower is at the end of the month. I am not involved in the planning but i know it will be great. I'm very excited to see my friends and family and celebrate my baby girl : Updates: well since last week I have had horrible sciatic pain on one side and its so painful to walk. Today I had an ob appt and he recommended a chiropractor so I went today and ill get more of an adjustment tomorrow. I really need some relief this is awful. I also took my glucose test today and I'm so nervous I didn't pass, we'll see.

OK, I will post a few pics later today in a separate thread. I am so sorry to hear about the sciatic pain. I hope the chiro will help. I have heard good things about chiro being a big help with pregnancy related issues. Also, big FX that you passed your glucose test! Let us know when you get the results.

• imagebeforesunrise:

Hi. Haven't posted in a while but all is going well and on schedule - 3 1/2 weeks to go! We're packing our hospital bags this week and putting the finishing touches on decorating the nursery and will then be ready when LO is.

I will be having my shower this weekend. It will be small by standards on these boards (10 friends) but the perfect size for me. Friends are throwing me a lunch at a restaurant near my home and then will come see the nursery after.

I can't believe it's almost time...or could be any day now!

BeforeSunrise, it's good to see you again! So glad all is going well with your pregnancy. I'm not quite to the bag-packing stage yet but looking forward to it. 10 people is a great size for a shower because then you can really talk with everyone. I did get a chance to chat individually with most but not quite all of the 15ish people who came to mine (the weather was bad so people arrived over a long period of time). What a great idea to have your friends come see your nursery as part of your shower! That will be wonderful.

• imagelovelyday39:

My shower is on March 2nd and there will prob be around 20 people or so, a nice size I think. I'm looking forward to it- everyone coming are old friends and family, so it will be a fun and comfortable day. I hired a photographer for the day who is going to throw in a 10 pic memory book b/c I also have her booked for LO's newborn shots. :)

Update:
    I am rounding the bend to 32 weeks and starting to get reaaaaaaaaally uncomfortable and grumpy. I feel sorry for DH :) it's only going to get worse- haha!

Last doc appt, OB said she was happy w/my progress and everything looking normal. So, rolling right along!

What a great idea to hire a photographer for your shower! One of my guests grabbed my camera and got some nice shots for me, but it never even occurred to me to get a photographer. I hope you will share a few pics afterwards!

I have been grumpy (at least occasionally) pretty much from the get-go, so I think you are doing well to only be getting grumpy now! Glad all is progressing normally.

• imageCountry Girl in the City:

QOTW: I did not think that I was going to have a baby shower since I have a delicate family situation.  To my surprise, I have had 2 already and there is one more on Sunday.  My work threw one and DH's work had one.  Sunday my friends are having one in our favorite bar.  Almost every day when I get home from work there are more gifts that have been delivered.  I am shocked at how generous people have been.  I think that my favorite part has been that so many people are celebrating this baby.  It has also given me the opportunity to educate people on IF.

Updates and vents: I updated yesterday about my miracle week last week so my due date can go back to 3/8.  I will definately have her before then but I don't know when.

I was up most of the night with BH contractions.  DH wanted me to go to the hospital because he thought that I was in labor.  Then he went to sleep and I stayed up miserable.  He was kind of a jerk about it and we fought about it this morning.  I am in a really bad mood and I wish that I could just go home and go back to bed.

Yes, I think knowing that people are genuinely happy and excited for you and your baby is a fantastic feeling! And boy, what a great week you have had! I am so happy for you. Sorry to hear about BH keeping you up, but hopefully you'll get a good night's sleep tonight to make up for it.

• imageMrsNukem:

QOTW:  I have a work shower scheduled for the week of Feb. 18, and then a regular shower that weekend.  I will be around 27 weeks pregnant, but I figure that I will just get very uncomfortable if I wait too long (plus twins may come early). 

Updates/Vents:  I had a meltdown this weekend when I was on my feet all day doing laundry, grocery shopping, running errands.  I broke down and cried while getting reading for bed and my DH asked me what was wrong (he didn't offer to help with the chores, just helped carry the groceries upstairs).  I have done the grocery shopping and laundry every Sunday for us as long as we've been together.  I told DH that I will start needing help b/c it's just too hard being on my feet all day.

I think having the shower earlier is better. I was 30w6d for mine and I just feel better knowing that a) I wasn't too huge and could get up and down relatively independently and b) I have tons of time to get everything I still need and can look on Craigslist, go to consignment stores, etc.

I am sorry your DH didn't even think about giving you a hand with the shopping and laundry. I am very lucky in that my DH and I have always gone grocery shopping together--when we first met, we had a stick shift pickup with a bench seat, and my legs were too short to reach the clutch, so he had to drive. Now it's just understood that we do it together, and it goes so much faster with two of us getting the things on our list. I hope your DH will pitch in from here on out.

• Hi everyone!

Things are going pretty well here - although we still havent' really started nursery or any other baby stuff.  Hoping to take DH furniture shopping this weekend and maybe register.  Also probably taking at least 2 registry trips - was originally just going to go register with a friend who had a baby last year, but its one of the few things that DH seems interested in, so I think we will go together and then maybe I'll have my friend review what we picked afterwards. 

Feeling baby kick and move around more, and we had another level 2 ultrasound this morning.  Baby boy was constantly moving around and the tech couldn't get very great pictures, but everything looked good.  He is measuring a little big - 83%, so I'm a little worried about that - but heart and all other measurements were good.

QOTW:  I'm excited for baby shower!  and would love to see pictures too!  I have 3 friends that are planning on co-hosting mine.  I've hosted at least 5-7 different showers (baby and bridal), so its fun that its my turn.  I also have a shower to attend this weekend!  I'm a little worried about too big of a guest list - also wondering if anyone at work will offer to do a work type thing which would shorten my other list by a few. 

Exciting to see how close some of the other ladies are! 

~~~TTC #1 since Dec 2011, BFP 5/3 CP 5/6~~~
    ~~~BFP 10/9/12, EDD 6/17/13~~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemissymr:

QOTW: I am leaning towards not having a shower and having a meet the baby barbecue after our Muppet arrives. Two friends have already offered but I generally don't like showers (declined one for my wedding) and I also don't want to register. I had a hard time registering for our wedding because it seems very gift grabby to me but finally did after being bugged repeatedly by my parents and their friends. And it was a horrible experience. They kept losing orders, losing track of things people had purchased etc. And it took too much work to sort out and I still worry someone bought us something we never received and didn't know about and so never sent a thank you note.

I know a lot of people will bring gifts to a meet the baby but the primary purpose isn't for gifts and I think fewer people will expect a registry. But I'm still on the fence.

Update/Vents: I finally get to go see the OB tomorrow. I am kind of annoyed that I haven't been able to get in to see her until now and I have a list of questions a mile long. I worry she won't have time to answer them all. Plus this technically isn't my OB but the one filling in for mine while mine is on maternity leave herself. And I already feel like I've been in limbo between the fertility clinic, my family doc and now this OB and then the second one who I won't see until May. Hopefully this OB will be great and all my worrying will be for nothing.

Had the second blood test for the Integrated Prenatal Screen yesterday so anxiously waiting to find out the results. The NT measurement was fine so I'm less worried than I would otherwise have been but still anxious. 

But on the plus side my nausea really seems to finally be gone entirely. 

I am having a meet the baby in May since I did not have a baby shower.  Most people in my family never heard of a meet the baby until I said that we were doing it.  It is at a winery near my parents house.  I am super excited but I think that my father is even more excited.  I had to tell him that it was too early to buy the food because he did want to start doing that now.

I don't expect gifts at the party and by that point we will have everything that we need.  We just want to show LO off to our families.  I am conflicted if I should put something on the invitations.  I thought about telling people to donate to Resolve instead.  DH did not like that idea at all because he felt that I would spend too much time explaining IF to our families.  I don't know what to do.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  •  Updates:  We went back to MFM last week to check on the placenta previa.  It's still there but has moved off some.  We go back 3/28 for another look and hopefully it will be out of the way by then.  Next OB appointment is 2/15 and I think I go to every two weeks after that.

QOTW:  My sister is throwing a shower for us at home next weekend (2/17).  I can't wait to go home and see everyone.  My MIL/SIL are throwing one here in conjunction with our church some time later (early April, I think). 

My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a small friends/family shower (about 10 people) in January at a local tea room it was lovely.  Due to an illness in the family (brother's FIL), my mom couldn't make it and MIL had a  scheduling conflict.  But my Godmother/aunt drove 4 hours and another aunt came to WI from Nebraska so I had family there. We will likely do a meet the baby gathering on each side after he gets here.  I will have a work shower the week of the 18th.

I am still working 1/2 days and my BP is staying under 140/90 without meds 95% of the time.  My folks are coming into town this weekend to help with last minute stuff.  I have a growth US tomorrow and continue with NSTs 2x week and OB checks 1X week.  Starting to get some pelvic pain - I think it is because this baby is huge.  Really curious to see/hear how big is is tomorrow.  My best guess is well over 7lbs - and that is at just 35 weeks.  I don't think my OB is going to let me go to 40 - I am preparing to hear that there will be an eviction around 39 weeks. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imagegundy21:

I had a small friends/family shower (about 10 people) in January at a local tea room it was lovely.  Due to an illness in the family (brother's FIL), my mom couldn't make it and MIL had a  scheduling conflict.  But my Godmother/aunt drove 4 hours and another aunt came to WI from Nebraska so I had family there. We will likely do a meet the baby gathering on each side after he gets here.  I will have a work shower the week of the 18th.

I am still working 1/2 days and my BP is staying under 140/90 without meds 95% of the time.  My folks are coming into town this weekend to help with last minute stuff.  I have a growth US tomorrow and continue with NSTs 2x week and OB checks 1X week.  Starting to get some pelvic pain - I think it is because this baby is huge.  Really curious to see/hear how big is is tomorrow.  My best guess is well over 7lbs - and that is at just 35 weeks.  I don't think my OB is going to let me go to 40 - I am preparing to hear that there will be an eviction around 39 weeks. 

Good news on the BP!  The pelvic pain is certainly a killer.  I hope mine is just because she is bouncing on my bladder and pelvic bones and not because I am growing a big baby.

• Ooh! I love hearing about all the lovely showers! Can't wait to see some pics Danuli!

Countrygirl! Great news for you, so exciting.

QOTW: I'm sure that my mom and SIL will insist on doing a shower. That could be fun since they're in TX and I'm in OR.

Updates: Was supposed to have the NT scan on Friday but they called Thurs. Afternoon and postponed my appointment, so then the next available that DH and I could both make is not until Thursday, so we wait a few more days. Grr, I love that they get to cancel last minute, but if I do they want to charge me 25!
    About me:AMA 41 BFP 8/1/12 EDD 4/8/12 Found no Heartbeat 9/5/12 D&C 9/12/12

BFP 12/13/12 EDD 8/22/13 Lilah Ruby born 8/8/13

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/zdSMm7.png
  • I'm sorta having a baby shower. DH is an on campus faculty memeber at a boarding school and there are FOUR of us wives who are pregnant. The rest of them are FTMs, I'm a STM, but they wanted to include me. The shower is Friday.

BFP #2 5/31/12 CP 5w2d 6/4/12 BFP #3 7/9/12 EDD 3/8/13 Another Girl!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Country - I hope you aren't having a baby as big as mine - you are too petite to handle the monster I am growing!  Good thing I am 5'10" and have a big frame (and some padding, too)!  ;>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • This baby is named after my grandmother.  That woman swore that she never had a baby under 10 lbs.  She was slighlty taller than me (she was probably 5') and weighed less than me.  I hope I get good news at the growth scan on Friday.  Also, there is a possiblity that the scales were wrong since the woman had all of her kids at home.
  • My info needs updating....my new EDD is March 15 and its a girl!

QOTW: I had my 2nd shower in Saturday and it was very nice. Got to see friends whom I had not seen in over a year. LO got all kinds of things (and many off the registry). The first shower was in January hosted by my MIL and was all her friends. My co-workers are throwing a shower on Feb 22nd during lunch. 

Updates: Dealing with swelling - had to buy some new shoes today because I could wear nothing but TEVA sandals today.

May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

• your screen name: jerseymm09

first name:optional Sonia

due date:9/9/13

sex of baby: too soon to know

Great to join this forum. I just turned 39 on Sunday. I am happy, over the moon yet so worried because of all the things they say can go wrong, ie chromosomal abnormalities, birth defects etc...these worries aren't letting me enjoy my pregnancy :
  • imageJerseymm09:
    your screen name: jerseymm09 first name:optional Sonia due date:9/9/13 sex of baby: too soon to know Great to join this forum. I just turned 39 on Sunday. I am happy, over the moon yet so worried because of all the things they say can go wrong, ie chromosomal abnormalities, birth defects etc...these worries aren't letting me enjoy my pregnancy :

Hi and welcome! And don't get all the negative talk about older moms get you down--frankly, it is 99.9% crap. If you were in decent health before you got pregnant, odds are that everything will be fine. I am about to turn 42. This is my first pregnancy and I have had a wonderful easy pregnancy so far. All of the tests on my baby came back normal. Nearly all of the ladies here have had good test results, so don't let that AMA garbage get you down. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

• Thank you thank you thank you for the positive reply! I so needed it! Congrats to u as well!
  • He is finally out. We haven't decided on a name. Maybe Scott or Luke.

MangomamaFL

2/5/2013 10:32pm 9lb 21in long

BabyFetus Ticker

Birth is safe as life gets - Harriette Hartigan

• imageMangomamaFL:

He is finally out. We haven't decided on a name. Maybe Scott or Luke.

MangomamaFL

YAY! Congrats! :)

• imageMangomamaFL:

MangomamaFL

Whoo-hoo! Congratulations!! I love both those names!! Let us know which one you pick.

• Hi I would like to be added

daphallen

first name Daphne

June 10

boy

I'm not having a shower this time.  I have an almost 2 year old boy so we have just about everything.  In my previous showers I enjoyed just getting to see everyone, the cake, and the generosity of everyone was amazing.  When I had my daughter I liked all of the girly clothes. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I loved seeing the shower photos and hearing about other people's plans!

QOTW: My mom wants to throw me a shower. I have no idea if any of my friends are planning one, but I have a feeling a couple close friends who are also local will be preparing some meals for me when I deliver (we did it for a couple of them). My mom is a control freak and keeps harassing me about not getting things for free (a crib) or not wanting things (like a diaper pail-- I'm going to use a pail I already have) because she thinks there won't be anything left for people to buy. Like I'm going to feel comfortable having my friends buy me a $600 stroller?!? Yeah, no.

I'll fall over in shock if work does anything for me. Maybe they'd get a cake or something close to my due date (I'm planning on working until I go into labour), but I'd be surprised.

Updates/vents: Things seem to be progressing. I feel like I'm getting smaller everywhere else (my pants are looser, my sleeves are looser, etc) but my belly is getting bigger by the hour, so it's like a magnified effect that throws my physical adjustment to the changes off by a whole lot more. LOL One of the intensivists at work keeps offering me a chair whenever I touch my stomach because he's worried I might be having a complication "We don't do OB here!"... My sciatica bites, but I may purchase a belt for it that is supposed to help. And I got fitted this morning for my custom splints for my carpal tunnel, so hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep now.

Renovations are almost finished to our bedroom "suite," which will give us room to move things from the baby's room to our rooms and then start getting the baby's room ready. I have a mural to paint, so I need to get started before I can't reach the wall with the brush because of my belly!
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• imageMangomamaFL:

MangomamaFL

Yay, congratulations!!!!  

Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • QOTW: I feel a tad bit worried because no one has offered to throw us a baby shower yet. Hopefully someone will but I suppose it's not the end of the world not to have one. We're certainly not just starting out in life so don't necessarily need assistance. The celebration part would be fun though.

Updates: My OB has written a letter for me to show my employer advising that I need to reduce my work schedule from full time to 75% (4 x 10-hr shifts to 3 x 10-hr shifts) due to pregnancy complications. I just had that convo with my boss today and he wants to consult with HR, so I'm on pins and needles in the interim. I requested intermittent FMLA to begin with but it was denied, my union is fighting that decision saying that's illegal. In the meantime I still need to care for my baby and myself so I made the request of my boss. In other news, since we found out last week that baby is a girl, it has been fun looking at little girl clothes! I'm trying to hold back on buying clothes, though, because we're getting lots of hand-me-downs from friends. I am so grateful for that. 

Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • QOTW: My work shower is this Friday and my sister is throwing us a family/friends co-ed shower first weekend of March.  I hate being the center of attention but am really looking forward to both and spending time with co-workers outside of work and family/friends I haven't seen in a while!

Update:  Little baby girl keeps defying all my doctors' initial thoughts and is growing, growing, growing! She's still on the small side but climbing in the percentile charts.  That being said, my doctor still wants to take me out of work early to rest.  I'm not going to argue as I'm noticing running around after little kids and getting up and down off the floor is starting to get harder and harder.  I'm just glad I have a ton of sick and vacation days saved up!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagedanieleandwayne:
    I loved seeing the shower photos and hearing about other people's plans!

QOTW: My mom wants to throw me a shower. I have no idea if any of my friends are planning one, but I have a feeling a couple close friends who are also local will be preparing some meals for me when I deliver (we did it for a couple of them). My mom is a control freak and keeps harassing me about not getting things for free (a crib) or not wanting things (like a diaper pail-- I'm going to use a pail I already have) because she thinks there won't be anything left for people to buy. Like I'm going to feel comfortable having my friends buy me a $600 stroller?!? Yeah, no.

I'll fall over in shock if work does anything for me. Maybe they'd get a cake or something close to my due date (I'm planning on working until I go into labour), but I'd be surprised.

Updates/vents: Things seem to be progressing. I feel like I'm getting smaller everywhere else (my pants are looser, my sleeves are looser, etc) but my belly is getting bigger by the hour, so it's like a magnified effect that throws my physical adjustment to the changes off by a whole lot more. LOL One of the intensivists at work keeps offering me a chair whenever I touch my stomach because he's worried I might be having a complication "We don't do OB here!"... My sciatica bites, but I may purchase a belt for it that is supposed to help. And I got fitted this morning for my custom splints for my carpal tunnel, so hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep now.

Renovations are almost finished to our bedroom "suite," which will give us room to move things from the baby's room to our rooms and then start getting the baby's room ready. I have a mural to paint, so I need to get started before I can't reach the wall with the brush because of my belly!

Great news on the loser clothes but bigger bump!  You just have to remember that you have that bump.  At Christmas I burned mine slightly while baking cookies.  I forgot that now my stomach goes out and not in so I can't bend around things.

• imageSuperzuber:

QOTW: I feel a tad bit worried because no one has offered to throw us a baby shower yet. Hopefully someone will but I suppose it's not the end of the world not to have one. We're certainly not just starting out in life so don't necessarily need assistance. The celebration part would be fun though.

Updates: My OB has written a letter for me to show my employer advising that I need to reduce my work schedule from full time to 75% (4 x 10-hr shifts to 3 x 10-hr shifts) due to pregnancy complications. I just had that convo with my boss today and he wants to consult with HR, so I'm on pins and needles in the interim. I requested intermittent FMLA to begin with but it was denied, my union is fighting that decision saying that's illegal. In the meantime I still need to care for my baby and myself so I made the request of my boss. In other news, since we found out last week that baby is a girl, it has been fun looking at little girl clothes! I'm trying to hold back on buying clothes, though, because we're getting lots of hand-me-downs from friends. I am so grateful for that. 

I am so sorry that you are having FMLA problems.  Let us know how it works out.  Girls are the best.  I have bought way too many outfits for my LO.

• screen name: Wildflower75

Martha

due date: March 20, 2013

Team Green - surprise!

I loved reading about your shower! I posted some photos of mine on my baby blog here

I still can't believe that in April I will be 38 and I am having my first baby! I feel soo blessed!!! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• QOTW:  I'm not sure if I'll be having a baby shower.  Most of my friends are out of state, but they've talked about having a virtual shower.  We'll see.  One local friend mentioned it as well, just getting dressed up and going out.  I don't want to push for it, but it would be nice.  :)

Updates:  I had my anatomy scan yesterday.  Everything looked great with LO.  I did have a blood draw for MSAFP as they didn't get a great look at the spine, but from what we could tell it looked normal.  Just a precaution.  I did have a low lying placenta.  So, I have to go back to the MFM for a scan at 30 weeks to see if it's moved away from my cervix.   

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• imageemikat:

QOTW:  I'm not sure if I'll be having a baby shower.  Most of my friends are out of state, but they've talked about having a virtual shower.  We'll see.  One local friend mentioned it as well, just getting dressed up and going out.  I don't want to push for it, but it would be nice.  :)

Updates:  I had my anatomy scan yesterday.  Everything looked great with LO.  I did have a blood draw for MSAFP as they didn't get a great look at the spine, but from what we could tell it looked normal.  Just a precaution.  I did have a low lying placenta.  So, I have to go back to the MFM for a scan at 30 weeks to see if it's moved away from my cervix.   

I enjoyed my shower so much. I hope you at least get to dress up and go out with your friend. Baby #1 is truly a momentous occasion and deserves to be celebrated!

Congrats on your great anatomy scan! I hope the MSAFP comes back great as well--please update when the results come back. The good news about placentas (as the folks who did my a/s told me) is that they never move lower, they can only move higher as the uterus grows and expands. Most low-lying placentas DO move out of the way as the pregnancy progresses, and I hope that turns out to be the case for you too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"