Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Rock and Play Sleeper

Just boughtn  my new baby boy home yesterday. He is 5lbs 15oz a little on the dmall size but perfect. We have the rock and play sleeper(amazing). I want to know how long can he stay in the sleeper. He sleeps all day so can he stay there all day or just when he sleeps at night. The only time I take him out is to feed, play and change his diapers.

Thanks

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Rock and Play Sleeper

• I think they can sleep at night and do naps in there, but just like anything else, I wouldn't leave him in there all day - use the boppy, do tummy time, put him on a playmat, hold him, etc.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Loading the player...
  • Women on another board have said extended use has lead to such severe flat heads the baby required a helmet.  We use ours during naps and when we are eating, but otherwise baby sleeps in a cradle.  We carry or put him on the floor at other times

• image6fsn:

Women on another board have said extended use has lead to such severe flat heads the baby required a helmet.  We use ours during naps and when we are eating, but otherwise baby sleeps in a cradle.  We carry or put him on the floor at other times

The rock 'n play doesn't cause flat heads, babies always laying to one side (most often because of a medical condition called torticollis) causes flat heads.  If your baby always turns his/her head say to the right then no matter if they are sleeping in a rock 'n play, a bassinet, a crib, on the floor, in your arms, etc. they will develop a flat spot on the back, right side of their head.

It's fine to let your baby sleep in the rock 'n play for naps and nighttime, just be sure they also get a lot of tummy time.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• imagewatermellens:
    I think they can sleep at night and do naps in there, but just like anything else, I wouldn't leave him in there all day - use the boppy, do tummy time, put him on a playmat, hold him, etc.

This 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine does the same thing. Sleeps over night, naps, stares, all in his rock and play. He loves it. We also do tummy time, and feedings etc, but otherwise, rock and play is his favorite spot.
  • imageKemare20:
    Just an FYI. The company had to rename their Rock and Play Sleepers to Rock and Play SOOTHERS because it was sending a message to consumers that the Rock and Play is a safe sleeping area.nbsp;nbsp;It is not. The SAFEST way for your baby to sleep is flat on his/her back in a crib or Pack and play.
    it was also banned in Canada because of this.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"