February 2013 Moms

Anyone else itchy?

I feel like I am about to scratch my skin off
Married 2/15/09, BFP #1 02/03/12 - EDD 10/13/12, Missed M/C 03/15/12@9w5d (measuring 8w3d) They weren't kidding when they said "Beware the Ides of March" Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP#2 06/13/12 - Emily Samantha born on Feb 9, 2013!

Re: Anyone else itchy?

• YES! Mainly in my hands and feet. I'm assuming it's from the extra blood pooling around there and causing my swelling and stretching my skin. I've really tried to ignore it!!!

• My belly gets itchy around my belly button....I think it's b/c the skin is so tight. And I try and moisturize every night!
  • Loading the player...
  • Just my belly right above my lovehandles.  It's the worst when I lay down at night to sleep right on that spot. 

• The itchiness is driving me crazy! A warm bath with baking soda offered some relief and I'm hoping it's just winter dry skin. But be careful, it's the main symptom of cholestasis. I mentioned the itching to my doctor yesterday and she had me tested. In the meantime, it's just awful - I have a hard time falling asleep at night because the itching is so bad.
    Married 2/15/09, BFP #1 02/03/12 - EDD 10/13/12, Missed M/C 03/15/12@9w5d (measuring 8w3d) They weren't kidding when they said "Beware the Ides of March" Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP#2 06/13/12 - Emily Samantha born on Feb 9, 2013!
  • OMG yes! Last week I could barely sleep and it was just itchy on my belly. Turns out it was PUPPS so my OB called in 2 precription creams and those helped a lot. Its actually practically all cleared up now. Now I'm itchy on my knees and down at my ankles but the weird thing is I see no bumps or anything there it just itches. I've been using the same cream in those areas too but its still annoying. I have an appt today so I'm going to see what my OB says.
  • Sooooo itchy! Story of my life for the past 12 weeks. I've got PUPPPs. Here's hoping all this itchy goes away when our babies arrive.

I like cookies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejhutt321:
    YES! Mainly in my hands and feet. I'm assuming it's from the extra blood pooling around there and causing my swelling and stretching my skin. I've really tried to ignore it!!!

Please tell your dr. This could be cholestasis which is dangerous!

• Yes! My feet, hands and back are driving me crazy. I've tried everything and it just doesn't go away!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"