Breastfeeding
Options

Anyone on blood pressure meds?

If so, what are you on?  My PCP and OB have differing opinions on the safeness of the meds I'm on (acebutolol) while breastfeeding.  When I talked to the pharmacist, he highly recommended against taking the med while breastfeeding.

Just curious if anyone is on blood pressure meds, what they're taking - so I have a few options to discuss with my PCP.  I'm thinking I will need to change ASAP as I'm schedule for a c/s in a week and a half.

Me: 35 DH: 37 TTC since 4/2010
DX: 6/9/2011: Azoo ICSI/IVF only option for biological child
IVF #1: ER - 9/26 * ET - 10/1 * beta#1 10/13 - 140 * beta#2 10/17 - 477 * beta#3 10/20 - 1101
1st u/s at 6w6d - one hb * 2nd u/s at 8w3d - no hb detected 11/10/11 * natural m/c 11/13/11
FET #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 3 delays - cancelled 2/13
FET #1.2 - May/June 2012 - ET 6/6/* beta#1 6/15 - 95 * beta #2 6/19 - 322 * beta #3 6/22 - 940
7/6 1st u/s @ 7 weeks - one beautiful hb - released from RE
EDD 2/22/2013
PAIF/SAIF/PGAL welcome
imageimageimageimage
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone on blood pressure meds?

• Options
    I had to be on labetalol after I had each of my daughters. You can go to infantrisk.com and call their hotline to speak to someone about what med is safest. Infant Risk is run by Dr. Hale. He wrote the book dr's use to look up the safety of meds for pregnancy and bf'ing.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    I was on labetalol with my first pregnancy and continued on it until 6w pp.
    Luckily didn't need anything with my second.

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i'm on methyldopa which is generic for aldomet. my OB had changed me to that when i was pregnant and i just stayed on it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was on Labetalol and then got switched to Procardia.  I took it for about 6 weeks PP and then weaned off of it when my BP regulated.
  • Options
    I had post partum pre e and was on labetalol and noravask (sp?) for about 7 weeks pp.
  • Options
    I started out taking Coreg PP, but with the high doses my BP was still high so now I take Norvasc.  I have a Cardiologist that works with pregnant and PP women.  she said I could not take ACE inhibitors and nurse but Beta blockers were fine,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"