February 2013 Moms

When will they admit you

I've been having sporadic contractions all day and up until an hour ago they haven't been at a regular frequency. Now they are about 8minutes apart but I can still function through them. My OB said to head in if or when they reach 6 minute intervals. However im just curious if labor stalls and I'm already at the hospital will they let me leave or will they keep me there? I was dilated to about a 4.5 at my last appointment and almost fully effaced.

What exactly do the doctors and nurses use as a gauge to decide whether or not to admit you or let you leave?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When will they admit you

• I'm sure that they will keep you!

How long are the contractions?   

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • With DD, I was able to leave my obs office at 4.5 fully effaced. A few days later, at almost 6, no contractions, it was strongly recommended I not leave the hospital.
  • Loading the player...
  • They say at a 4 you're technically in complete labor. And if your contractions are consistently 8 mins apart... IDK. They'd probably keep you, especially if your due date is near or over.
  • When I went in they checked me (4cm) and told me to walk for 2 hours and then checked me again. I had made progress and got to 6cm so they kept me. If I had stayed at a 4 they would have sent me home.
  • I think it depends on how far along you are when your labor stalls.  My cousin's labor stalled out with her first son when she was dialated only to 3 cm, and they sent her back home  (I'm not sure she was fully admitted though or just there for observation).  My labor stalled out with DD#1 at 5cm but they had already ruptured my waters trying to keep me in labor.

I would ask your OB what the requirements for admittion are, they have to have some sort of set standards or something!

Good Luck!

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"