May 2013 Moms

Rear facing stroller/general stroller help needed!

Okay all of my May moms out there, what are some good stroller recommendations? There are so many out there, and so many reviews that I'm starting to get overwhelmed! I'm thinking I want one that can be rear-facing for when she's a newborn (thoughts?). I'll be taking her for walks all summer, so I'd like something that can handle most terrain (I don't think I need a jogger though...I'll probably just be walking with her), and I'll also use it for mall trips too. I was thinking I might also want one that can be compatible with the infant car seat (what are people's thoughts on this?) I'd like something that's less than $400...preferably $350, but I'd be willing to go to $400 if needed. Also, what are people's thoughts on owning more than one stroller? Do I need more than one, or can I get by with just one stroller?

I apologize if something like this has already been posted! Thanks in advance!  

Re: Rear facing stroller/general stroller help needed!

• I loved my citymini to cover what you mentioned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I owned 5 strollers. I just sold one so now I have 4. Personally I would recommend a snap n go to use with the carseat and then get a really nice umbrella stroller. Snap n go runs 70ish and a nice umbrella like a uppababy glux is 179.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • I plan on getting a travel system at Target so that the carseat will snap in to place and I believe they snap in rear facing. When baby gets older I will invest in an umbrella stroller for smaller trips. Good luck! There is a lot of choose from!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Isn't the city mini not rear facing? Sorry I said rear facing, but I meant I want the baby facing me. Is that the same thing? Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question! Lol
  • I'm getting the britax b agile travel system, I've heard really good things and I tested in the store and loved it.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • I bought the BOB Revolution CE jogging stroller.  My friends that have it absolutely LOVE it.  You can get an adaptor to attach your infant carseat (rear-facing).  I bought the stroller on Amazon, it's on sale right now for $325 vs full price $470.  I registered for the car seat adaptor at BRU.  I already have the stroller and tested it out...opening, closing, lifting, etc.  It's very easy to use!

Good luck!

***Lauren*** Married my Love 07.12.08 - Baby #1 (Girl)-Cystic Hygroma & Turner's Syndrome-D&C at 13 weeks 03.29.12
  • imageTink8685:
    Isn't the city mini not rear facing? Sorry I said rear facing, but I meant I want the baby facing me. Is that the same thing? Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question! Lol

When the car seat attachment is used it is rear facing. It served the same function as a snap and go for me but I used it after the infant car seat, too.

I also have a BOB, which I love, but have found it very heavy and hard to take to indoor settings.

We have an umbrella stroller we got to take on flights because I didn't want to trash the others but retrospectively should have just taken the city mini.
  • Does the BOB fully recline? I'm looking at the BOB revolution online right now and it actually looks like something I might like. I said no to the joggers at first because they seemed to look too bulky compared to other strollers. But I'm starting to think otherwise.
  • imageTink8685:
    Does the BOB fully recline? I'm looking at the BOB revolution online right now and it actually looks like something I might like. I said no to the joggers at first because they seemed to look too bulky compared to other strollers. But I'm starting to think otherwise.

If you don't plan on jogging then I wouldn't get a BOB. They are heavy and don't fit in the aisles at many stores at the mall.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I LOVE my Quinny Buzz 3, and would highly recommend it. It's not under $350 (although I'm sure you could find a nice used one for under that), but has been worth every penny for me. It can accommodate the infant seat, and once you start using the "regular" seat, you can have it face forward or toward you. It's easy to open and close, is relatively lightweight, and has a great turning radius.
  • You have kind of the same requirements I had.  We went with the Uppababy Vista, but that's over your price range.  You could check out the Uppababy Cruze or BJ City Versa...I think they're both at $450 but are rear-facing and don't have really flimsy tires like a Snap N Go.  Another option might be the Valco Spark...I'm not certain on the price for that one.

https://www.valcobaby.com/products/strollers/model/spark.html 

• We got the graco quattro tour and it is a travel system, and has the option to turn the seat for baby to face you, or snap in the car seat, or have baby facing forward as well. I think it was around $250 and we had a 20% off coupon.
  • imagejesselayne8:
    imageTink8685:
    Does the BOB fully recline? I'm looking at the BOB revolution online right now and it actually looks like something I might like. I said no to the joggers at first because they seemed to look too bulky compared to other strollers. But I'm starting to think otherwise.

If you don't plan on jogging then I wouldn't get a BOB. They are heavy and don't fit in the aisles at many stores at the mall.

What about the BOB revolution CE? That's the one with the smaller wheels? I mean I'm not opposed to jogging with it...I actually need/want to get back into running. I just don't think running will be my main use for the stroller, that's all. Is there anyone that has a BOB and doesn't jog/run a lot?
  • Britax b ready... Love this stroller!
  • We want with the bumbleride indie. It isn't quite as big as the BOB, the seat lays down flat, and can be used for light jogging. I dd a lot of research, but as a FTM, haven't used it yet. I'd check out the reviews.

Oh, and it works with certain infant carriers.
  • imageclineak:
    I LOVE my Quinny Buzz 3, and would highly recommend it. It's not under 350 although I'm sure you could find a nice used one for under that, but has been worth every penny for me. It can accommodate the infant seat, and once you start using the "regular" seat, you can have it face forward or toward you. It's easy to open and close, is relatively lightweight, and has a great turning radius.

I have this stroller, as well. It's amazing! The size is perfect fits easily in shops, seat goes from forward facing to rear facing easily, compatible with my infant car seat Maxi Cosi Prezi, and it can be used for all terrain walking or even running. Can't say anything bad about it. : worth every penny!
  • Look at the graco modes click connect. Works as an infant seat frame with graco click connect car seats but you can click any graco infant seat into the stroller seat. You can turn stroller seat into a bassinet facing either direction, and you can turn the regular stroller seat facing towards or away from you. The lap tray w cup holders is removable, too. And it has a huge canopy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"