2nd Trimester
Options

Brookdale in Brooklyn, NY?

Does anyone know any information about the maternity and newborn care at Brookdale Hospital in Brooklyn, NY?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Brookdale in Brooklyn, NY?

• Options
    I don't know any specifics about the maternity/newborn unit, but I know that hospital does not have a great reputation and is in a not so great neighborhood...Personally, I would prefer to deliver somewhere else. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Terrible hospital in a horrible area. I would never choose to deliver there.
    image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSunshineMuffin:

Agree 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMama2Be13:

imageSunshineMuffin:

Agree 

Ditto. Try Maimonides or Methodist (which have their own issues, but are better than Brookdale). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to be delivering at Methodist.  I did not have a good experience with their ER at Methodist, so hopefully L&D is better.  I don't know anything about Brookdale though, sorry.
    Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• Options
    imagegulickr:
    imageMama2Be13:

imageSunshineMuffin:

Agree 

Ditto. Try Maimonides or Methodist (which have their own issues, but are better than Brookdale). 

this

TTC 1/2010 DH Dx - Azoospermia 2/2011
    Hysteroscopy 3/2011 2 Polyps removed 4/2011
    DH on Clomid / Arimidex to address hormonal issues - Sperm found July 2011!
    IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
    IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
    1st U/S - Twins! 2nd U/S - 3 heartbeats!!! - HOLY COW!!!
    Prayers for our take home babies!
    2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
    My angels grew wings shortly after birth.
    Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
    IVF #3 July 2012 - ER 7/17/2012 - 10 R. 5 F. 4 made it to ET
    Transferred 2 on 7/20/2012 no snow babies :-(
    Beta on 7/31/2012 = BFMFN
    A miracle gift expected to come to us through adoption around 9/2012
    Baby girl adopted - Birth Mother changed her mind and took the baby back
    IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl
    transferred one beautiful 5day blast (girl)
    Please G-d the almighty one - let this be our take home baby!
    Beta #1 158, Beta #2 318, 1 Absolutely magnificent HB at 175! Thank you G-d!!!
    Baby Girl born August 5th. Thank you G-d for our precious miracle.
    AMA. PAIF & SAIF always welcome - I need all the prayers I can get!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the advice!  I was researching Brookdale and no one liked the ER but I wasn't sure about the L&D.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am also researching brookdale, this is my first baby and my doctor only goes there. I was a little worried because of the terrible reputation of the ER. But then I know someone who went to both Methodist and brookdale and liked brookdale more. Did anyone else actually give birth there?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"