February 2013 Moms

Last Meal?

I'm being induced tomorrow evening and DH and I are planning an evening out. Our "Last Meal" together. What would you eat? For the mommies who have already given birth, is there anything I should specifically avoid?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Last Meal?

• Either a really yummy steak or pasta dish. Or hibachi could be fun!
  • It was suggested to me to go for something high in protein and complex carbs. Grilled chicken w/ brown rice, or a big bowl of wheat pasta w/ steak, for example.

Closer to induction time it was strongly suggested I stick to the BRAT diet [soft and bland] and not consume anything I didn't want to throw back up.

Avoid spicy / fried / fatty foods and dairy products. Basically anything likely to upset your stomach.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think you need to avoid anything 24 hours ahead of time. If you were getting induce in a few hours I would avoid heavy or spicy foods, but 24 hours before, eat whatever you REALLY want. Ideally something with protein so you have lots of long-term energy tomorrow!

FWIW I was in early labor Saturday night and was pretty hungry so I went ahead and ate Chinese food and cookies and ice cream. DD was born early the following morning and I'm glad I had eaten some good food since I was pretty hungry after those 12 hours of labor (even with snacks!)

• Get lots of protein and avoid anything that will give you gas, for obvious reasons Wink

• Protein and complex carbs to keep you going
  • I already know what my last meal will be, only because I have to eat it about 4 times a day at this point. And that will be corn chex cereal haha. Im getting induced thursday, and they said I can eat right before I go in so thats what itll be.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I wouldn't want to eat too much as you might poop it all out tomorrow during labor. TMI I know, but thats just what would be going through my head.
  • I'm getting induced the morning of the 15th, and they told me nothing but a piece of dry toast and water after midnight. Lame. Who the heck eats dry toast?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"