February 2013 Moms

What are you looking forward to?

With this being our birth month and all that jazz, what are you looking forward to? Other than LO being born obviously. Anything pregnancy related or non pregnancy related?

Im looking forward to finally being able to text/call family and say "IM IN LABOR!!" so they will stop asking and its like finally getting an excruiating project done after 40 weeks of working on it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What are you looking forward to?

• imageamberrae45:

Im looking forward to finally being able to text/call family and say "IM IN LABOR!!" so they will stop asking and its like finally getting an excruiating project done after 40 weeks of working on it.

This.  "It's Baby Time!"  :)

• I'm looking forward to my last day of work being this Thursday and being off for 8 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

I'm freaking tired today and keep telling myself that I have 3 days left......I can do this!!! Tongue Tied

• Loading the player...
  • I'm looking forward to saying It's a _____!  With DS we didn't tell anyone I was in labor except the in-laws because they came and picked up our dogs.  This time my parents are taking DS so we have to tell them. :(  I don't want any phone calls or texts while I'm in labor asking "did the baby come yet?"  Ugh, I don't need any more pressure!

I guess I'm a private person when it comes to these things.  Hopefully labor will be much faster and there won't be any time for people to ask how it's going. Or maybe DH and I will just turn our cell phones off until LO is born and we are settled.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I am not telling my family when I'm actually in labor. I don't want them coming over before I have a chance to catch my breath! I'll let them know afterwards. Wink

Baby related, I'm looking forward to the relief and sense of accomplishment after delivery as well as the baby! I'm also looking forward to having my body back to myself, though I know it will be a minute before I can do push-ups or crunches, it will be nice when that possibility doesn't seem so distant.

NBR, I pretty much have opened up my schedule to concentrate on baby so there isn't much going on in my life right now that's NBR. But DH's birthday is exactly a week after my EDD and whether or not we have a baby by then, I want to do something special, either dinner and a show or staying home with romantic lighting, a homecooked meal and netflix. I also have a great gift in mind. I'm always looking forward to spending quality time with my beloved!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    • Not peeing every 10 minutes
    • Being able to walk up the stairs without stopping for air
    • Not being so fat
    • But mainly -- holding my baby girl and seeing that she is OK
    SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • Sleeping on my stomach.   (Already had the baby)
  • Being out of work. I know that the baby will be a 24-hour a day job, but I know it will be so much more rewarding than what I do on a daily basis now. I'm also ecstatic that I won't have to be in the car for 3-4 hours a day just to get to said un-rewarding job. :)

• I am mostly looking forward to meeting the little man!!! ...and reclaiming my body.
    BabyName Ticker
  • My DH wants to update his status to say "Thunder cats are go!!!" A quote from the movie Juno....lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Eating again. I've pretty much thrown up everything I eat for the duration of this pregnancy but it's been worse over the past week. I just want to keep something down!

Oh, and I've been really wanting a Margarita on the rocks with salt!

• imageholly321:
    Sleeping on my stomach.   (Already had the baby)

Ohhhh, this is a good one!!! I'm a stomach sleeper too!!

Can't wait! :O)

• I can't wait to breastfeed and snuggle my LO. I know, it's weird, but I've had this infatuation with the idea of BFing since the 2nd tri (technically since childhood). 

I also can't wait to lay on my stomach, as PP with an outside baby mentioned. THAT will be nice! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageholly321:
    Sleeping on my stomach.   (Already had the baby)

YES!!! I miss this so much. Also, FINALLY using my cloth diaper stash. No DiaperJunction.com, I can't review my purchase yet because I haven't used it yet!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Laying on my back.

Meeting this little man!

Introducing DD to her little brother.

Having 12 weeks off for maternity leave.

The winter slowly turning into spring, so we can take walks!

I am just looking forward to so many things...seeing who he looks like, finding out his personality, having a tiny baby to snuggle...I can't wait!

imageimageimage
  • imagebeanersmommy:

I am just looking forward to so many things...seeing who he looks like, finding out his personality, having a tiny baby to snuggle...I can't wait!

Ahhh! This!!! You just made me all giddy!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My other kids meeting the baby.  When I had #3 the boys were still too young to "get" it or care much.  But this time they are over the moon excited about the baby and just keep asking me when God will let baby Birdie (their nickname for him or her) come out of my belly.  I feel like this is going to be the most loved baby in the world because these kids are going to be all over it!

• The eventual release from my crazy hormone-inspired mood swings. I am normally Miss Happy-Go-Lucky-Love-Everybody, and I detest feeling like the wicked witch of the west lately.

Sleeping in whatever position I want, with no physical restrictions or safety concerns.

Rolling over in bed without grunting like a pig, looking like a pig, and feeling like a pig.

Rising out of a prone position without DH's help.

Being able to see and hold baby, of course, but also...

Being able to hand baby off to DH when I need a little break. (I know I should be all honeymoon-y with her in my belly, but sometimes I look down and think, "GET OUT. Give Daddy a turn to hold you because I am TIRED.")

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sleeping on my stomach. Being able to turn in bed without feeling like a whale. Having a drink. Eating carbs without feeling guilty. And meeting DD :) and holding her!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm looking forward to knowing what LO is, be nice rather then calling it a "it" to people and getting strange looks.

And...

I'm looking forward to moving back up north to live with my DH for the first time since we got married in August and starting this new journey together. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageggatlanta:

Rolling over in bed without grunting like a pig, looking like a pig, and feeling like a pig.

LOL 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Being able to introduce LO to my niece and SD. Finally being able to have a glass of white zin...and holding my beautiful LO of course :)
  • being able to move around/walk without pain or exhaustion. i used to be a crazy fast walker and could walk around ALL DAY and now it's a struggle to go a couple of blocks and i have to go out of my way and take busses to different subway stops since my closest subway station has a ton of stairs and no benches to sit and wait on.

i've done real well with side-only sleeping up until just recently, but now i am for sure looking forward to sleep on my stomach or back again. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"