C-sections

stitch sticking out??

My first c-section I had staples.  This time they stitched me up.  I was at the OB on Thursday to check my blood pressure and he took a peek at the incision and stitches- all looked great and was healing perfectly, according to him.  Well since last night I have felt a little stabbing pain (nothing intense at all, just enough to annoy me a little.)  I took a look today and saw a teeny bit of a stitch sticking out.  I was told that these were dissolving stitches that didn't need removal- you can't see any of the others at all.  I guess I'm wondering if this happened to anyone else?  Should I be worried?  I will call first thing tomorrow when the office opens.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: stitch sticking out??

• I had this happen. My dr just removed it and put me on antibiotics since I had a little bit of puss around the stitch. Not a big deal.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had this, and my ob just snipped the exposed stitch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemabenner1:
    I had this, and my ob just snipped the exposed stitch.

^This

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot
  • I had a stitch sticking out the end of the incision (like where they tied it off and cut it). It was working it's way in instead of out, and had not fallen off after quite some time so I pulled it and snipped it as close as possible so that the part inside would dissolve. If you have a stitch working it's way out I wouldn't try to pull it out yourself though, just keep it clean with alcohol or peroxide and maybe some polysporin on it.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• I had the happen with my second csection. It took a few weeks and fell off on its own. I did put a little neosporin on it, but it was not a concern to the DR.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had this, too.  Everything had disappeared except for one little pokey bit at the end.  It took mine about eight weeks to disappear, but it did dissolve
  • I think I have this too... i've felt it for a while. a tiny bit sticks out on the right side of my incision. My postpartum checkup is on Tuesday..i'll be almost 5 weeks PP, I guess i'll have my dr. snip it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"