October 2012 Moms
Options

/:Vent. I'm so mad at myself.

I think I have retained plecenta after my c-section and I'm really mad at myself for not going and getting it checked out sooner. I'm being stubborn b/c i didn't want more medical bills, and another u/s would be about $1,000 because i'll have to pay this year's deductible. :(

I'm 14 weeks PP and I'm still having really dark brown, almost black spotting... I have to believe it's retained placenta trying to expel. I called at about 8 weeks PP and they told me they'd like to do an ultrasound to rule it out, but they told me if I really wanted to wait it out, I could wait another 12 weeks. I just hope I'm not wrecking my chances for another baby. I read somewhere a woman with retained plecenta was told if she doesn't get it surgically removed, it could form scar tissue and cause problems for another pregnancy. If this happens to me I'm going to be So mad at myself.

Like I said, this is totally just a vent. - Thanks for listening - 

I need to just call my doctor and stop worrying! .... Peace of mind worth another $1K after all our other medical bills? ... I guess so !?

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot

Re: /:Vent. I'm so mad at myself.

• Options
    Aww that sucks! Peace of mind is definitely worth the money. Hope everything is okay. Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Call them for sure! GL.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely call! Good luck!

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • Options
    I definitely understand the hesitance about racking up more bills and think its sad that this is something we have to consider over our health. Ugh, don't get me started. I hope it's nothing, though....
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

imagescerulla:
    I definitely understand the hesitance about racking up more bills and think its sad that this is something we have to consider over our health. Ugh, don't get me started. I hope it's nothing, though....

Right?!?! I pay a significant amount per paycheck to HAVE health insurance... and yet, I can't go to the doctor when I feel like I should. It's ludicris!

?Married 11-1-08 ~ dxPCOS 9-1-11 ~ BFP 2-14-12 ~ T.J. born 11-1-12? Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Tanner James The  BoysWedding Shot
  • Options
    I had to have an ultrasound, which sucked to pay for, but they were able to treat me with some medication (can't remember the name) that induces contractions and forces the retained placenta out. They tried that before doing a D&C, so I got off "easy" I guess.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

• Options
    I had this happen also. I ended up passing it around ten weeks pp and then told the Dr he was wrong not to see me for all the bleeding I was having! Hopefully you are able to pass it soon and won't have to pay all that money, but there are a lot of risks with retained placenta.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"